Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2011, 15:53   #31
BHPian

re: Suzuki Baleno it is! EDIT : Now beyond 163,000 km!

Hi. The Baleno is the car I've ever loved more than anything else. Since I was in class 3, I've always wanted to own a Baleno. Now that we are buying a new car, I was thinking if I can go in for a Baleno, preferably black, but the question mark on spares seems a concern. Are spares easily available?? If not, how long does it take for local MASSes to procure them? And are they pricey? Please let me know.
Old 2nd February 2011, 16:50   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Hi. The Baleno is the car I've ever loved more than anything else. Since I was in class 3, I've always wanted to own a Baleno. Now that we are buying a new car, I was thinking if I can go in for a Baleno, preferably black, but the question mark on spares seems a concern. Are spares easily available?? If not, how long does it take for local MASSes to procure them? And are they pricey? Please let me know.
arkin its seldom that you come across a clean example in Bangalore, once you do they demand a premium.I would recommend you find a car from a single owner and not a dealer. Dealers tend to fleece you at every instance they can.

Spares have never been a concern when it comes to MUL. Some parts which aren't available off the shelf for the baleno is usually ordered and delivered in 2/3 days time.
Old 2nd February 2011, 17:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

Ok so I need to find out the nippon manual. In case I cannot locate it now let me google it and see if I can find it someplace. Thanks.
Yes, baleno sort of grows onto you. These days I dont like driving anything else except the baleno.
Old 15th February 2011, 20:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday on valentines day, decided to take wifey to Surajkund fair. Everything was going on splendid but as they say if everythings going your way you are probably going the wrong way!! As I switch off the engine on long red lights, I switched off the engine on the saket turn red light on the MB road. The light turned green and I turned the ignition.. nothing. I tried again and again nothing. The motor wont turn and the horns would not stop blaring from the rear. Tried 6-7 times and everytime the motor would go grr and get stuck somewhere. Anyway got down and pushed it to one side. Opened the bonnet and checked for loose wiring and found nothing. Since everything worked fine it could not be the battery. Put wife in the driver's seat and push started the car. Drove it to Surajkund without any further issue but didnot switch it off on the lights again. Parked the car and switched off the engine, tried the ign again and it came to life instantly. Switched off again and tried again, voila it came to life instantly. Left it parked and then came back after 6 hours. Turned the key and it started without a murmur of protest. Came back home and again switched off and on 5-6 times and it came on without any hiccup. What could have gone wrong? What should I get checked before it spoils the fun again and leaves me stranded?
Old 16th February 2011, 10:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

^^^How old is your battery? You mentioned yours is a 2006 Baleno. Does it still run on the stock battery ?
Old 16th February 2011, 22:13   #36
Senior - BHPian

The battery was changed on 01/02/09 @24441 Kms or so. Took it to Maruti service centre at Naraina today. They could find nothing wrong. Even after hooking the battery to a handheld scanner they found nothing wrong. Even the car has not had another repeat since. My guess is that probably she joined the bajrang dal for a short duration to protest against VDay celebrations!! Apart from that we can find no other reason.
Old 17th February 2011, 07:55   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Yesterday on valentines day, decided to take wifey to Surajkund fair. Everything was going on splendid but as they say if everythings going your way you are probably going the wrong way!! As I switch off the engine on long red lights, I switched off the engine on the saket turn red light on the MB road. The light turned green and I turned the ignition.. nothing. I tried again and again nothing. The motor wont turn and the horns would not stop blaring from the rear. Tried 6-7 times and everytime the motor would go grr and get stuck somewhere. Anyway got down and pushed it to one side. Opened the bonnet and checked for loose wiring and found nothing. Since everything worked fine it could not be the battery. Put wife in the driver's seat and push started the car. Drove it to Surajkund without any further issue but didnot switch it off on the lights again. Parked the car and switched off the engine, tried the ign again and it came to life instantly. Switched off again and tried again, voila it came to life instantly. Left it parked and then came back after 6 hours. Turned the key and it started without a murmur of protest. Came back home and again switched off and on 5-6 times and it came on without any hiccup. What could have gone wrong? What should I get checked before it spoils the fun again and leaves me stranded?
Hi i too have a baleno (May 2006 version). This happens occasionaly to me. Happened couple of times in traffic blocks. As usual Mass couldn't detect what's the actual issue. They changed the solenoid switch and charged me 1600 rs. But didn't solve the issue. The prob is we cannot complain because this prob is not frequent. It happens only once in 3 months 4 months... . Now with our cases i really doubht whether its some manufacturing issue for that lot. May be some electronic complaint. Please update me if u can find any solution for this. Otherwise i'm happy with my vehicle. Gives me decent mileage of 14 with A/C. good pick up, good A/C. fun to drive. Only this problem is bugging me.....

Last edited by premdiv : 17th February 2011 at 07:57.
Old 17th February 2011, 12:34   #38
Senior - BHPian

Sure Bro, I am also on it. Incase I find anything will PM you about this.
Old 17th February 2011, 15:46   #39
Senior - BHPian

Had happened to me and a friend.

a) Get the starter motor opened up, cleaned, greased etc - serviced.
b) Check whether the 'auto-switch' for the motor is working.
Old 17th February 2011, 19:32   #40
Senior - BHPian

Logical advise. Shall get it done this weekend.
Old 17th February 2011, 20:41   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Had happened to me and a friend.

a) Get the starter motor opened up, cleaned, greased etc - serviced.
b) Check whether the 'auto-switch' for the motor is working.
For me they replaced a solenoid switch. Bro is this same as 'auto-switch'?
Old 21st February 2011, 11:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

Got a pair of black neck pillows for INR 250. Shall add a black thin rubberised beading along the sides of the car along the crease line on tuesday (INR 225). Will post the pictures then.
Old 23rd February 2011, 23:11   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premdiv View Post
Hi i too have a baleno (May 2006 version). This happens occasionaly to me. Happened couple of times in traffic blocks. As usual Mass couldn't detect what's the actual issue. They changed the solenoid switch and charged me 1600 rs. But didn't solve the issue. The prob is we cannot complain because this prob is not frequent. It happens only once in 3 months 4 months... . Now with our cases i really doubht whether its some manufacturing issue for that lot. May be some electronic complaint. Please update me if u can find any solution for this. Otherwise i'm happy with my vehicle. Gives me decent mileage of 14 with A/C. good pick up, good A/C. fun to drive. Only this problem is bugging me.....
Hi I'm facing more serious prob now. Whenever i drive in 2nd and 3rd on bad roads. If i start the engine after that it will not crank. After a couple of times the radiator fan will start running. Then the vehicle will start after say 5 seconds. Any idea on what i should check. Nowadays this prob is too frequent.... Please advice.. Thanks in advance...
Old 24th February 2011, 20:26   #44
Senior - BHPian

Check for the coil connections maybe they are loose. Radiator fan coming on indicates engine overheating, what does your temp needle say?
Old 24th February 2011, 21:21   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Get fuel pump also checked. also get the main wiring to fuse box and out checked.

Last edited by gigy : 24th February 2011 at 21:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks