Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2010, 01:44   #46
BHPian

about running the engine in.
May be better for you to play safe for the first 1000 km or so.
Better to err on the side of caution, no matter how tempting the alternative.
Still, congratulations on your new buy, would love to hear even more about your experiences, especially since TD cars are still not available.
Old 23rd August 2010, 08:31   #47
BHPian

Polo 1.6

On Aug. 22nd, I was able to have a look at Polo 1.6 in flesh. This, in my opinion, is very solidly built and the exteriors spell QUALITY all over. The paint finish (I saw Emotion Blue) is very cool to look at. Sorry but no pics.

Rear Seating: However, while the rear seat is probably comfortable (one pinch of salt tasted is better than a mountain of salt that is looked at), there is a huge panel (if that is what it is called) in the middle of the rear - so the a person sitting in the middle of the rear seat is not going to be very comfortable. In comparison, I also saw Honda Jazz where the rear passengers will not be put to such inconvenience. In fact, just under the front seat, where the rear passengers can keep their feet - there is a slight elevation which allows the rear passengers to stretch their feet in comfort. The model that I saw was the Jazz X.

Unfortunately no TD car in 1.6 version is available.

Honestly, after having been in the car market for a fairly long time, my hands are itching to get hold of this car especially because of the power that this car will provide.
Old 23rd August 2010, 09:26   #48
BANNED

Congrats on buying the 1.6P, I would like to know how the ride and handling compares against the Punto?
I feel they could have differentiated the looks a little from it's 1.2 sibling.
Old 23rd August 2010, 09:26   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
On Aug. 22nd, I was able to have a look at Polo 1.6 in flesh. This, in my opinion, is very solidly built and the exteriors spell QUALITY all over. The paint finish (I saw Emotion Blue) is very cool to look at. Sorry but no pics.

Rear Seating: However, while the rear seat is probably comfortable (one pinch of salt tasted is better than a mountain of salt that is looked at), there is a huge panel (if that is what it is called) in the middle of the rear - so the a person sitting in the middle of the rear seat is not going to be very comfortable. In comparison, I also saw Honda Jazz where the rear passengers will not be put to such inconvenience. In fact, just under the front seat, whre the rear passengers can keep their feet - there is a slight elevation which allows the rear passengers to stretch their feet in comfort. The model that I saw was the Jazz X.

Unfortunately no TD car in 1.6 version is available.

Honestly, after having been in the car market for a fairly long time, my hands are itching to get hold of this car especially because of the power that this car will provide.
The "panel" you mentioned is the transmiasion tunnel. Though I don't understand the reason of having one in a front wheel drive car.
Anyway I have had 3 pax at the rear seat and they didn't complain about leg space, specially at thw centre. But still why have they put in such a large tunnel will remain a question.
Old 23rd August 2010, 09:33   #50
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for details on running-in.
What ever said and done, 1.6 should be a great "to-have" car.

I hope Hyundai/Honda are seeing this and come up with I20 1.4/1.6 and Jazz (1.5).
And I think it may not be just a dream, but a possibility!

Then we are talking real competition! Real Hot petrol Hatches with power and torque.
Old 23rd August 2010, 09:34   #51
BHPian

congratulations on your new Polo 1.6! Now, a hypothetical question to you! If Maruti brings SWIFT Sport 1.6 to India, how would you compare it with the Polo 1.6?
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:22   #52
Senior - BHPian

@ sadnabrina

Congrats on the first 1.6 Polo on tbhp. Have added this thread to my bookmarks and looking forward to more and more details from your end.

at 6.96L OTR the car is a great VFM. Have driven the 1.2 Polo on several occasions and totally blown away by its driving dynamics; I am sure 1.6 is going to be awesome.

I have enquired at Ahmedabad dealerships on several occasions and they seem to have no information on the Polo 1.6, rather they were trying to sell me the Vento 1.6. Jokers.

I know you have already mentioned the OTR price, can i please request you to give us a price break up, so we know what would be the expected OTR price in other cities.

Thanks. Enjoy the beast & Drive safe.
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:09   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the 1.6 Polo. The red looks good. Enjoy many more scorching miles with the Polo.

I was also wondering as to why such a big transmission tunnel for a front wheel drive car?
Old 23rd August 2010, 15:30   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
AFAIK, Even BMWs have running in periods.
Inspite of all the advancements, there is still need for the piston rings to bed-in and the piston-cylinder wall clearances to saturate.
In that case, it is irresponsible of auto makers to omit this from the manual. Not every one accesses forums such as these. Even the Innova manual has no mention of run-in requirement
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:33   #55

The Polo is a very nice looking car with modern looking shape forms merging with classic lines and curves. Nice car & pics, congratulations.
Old 23rd August 2010, 17:23   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
@ sadnabrina

Congrats on the first 1.6 Polo on tbhp. Have added this thread to my bookmarks and looking forward to more and more details from your end.

at 6.96L OTR the car is a great VFM. Have driven the 1.2 Polo on several occasions and totally blown away by its driving dynamics; I am sure 1.6 is going to be awesome.

I have enquired at Ahmedabad dealerships on several occasions and they seem to have no information on the Polo 1.6, rather they were trying to sell me the Vento 1.6. Jokers.

I know you have already mentioned the OTR price, can i please request you to give us a price break up, so we know what would be the expected OTR price in other cities.

Thanks. Enjoy the beast & Drive safe.
The OTR breakup is as follows (for kolkata) -
Ex showroom - 16.16
Registration and 5yr road tax - 53680
Insurance - 26565
Total 696245.
I got 10k corporate disount and ended up spending that and a few thousand more on accessories. :-)
Old 23rd August 2010, 17:24   #57
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the break up. But i guess you mis typed there. 16.16

So i guess OTR prices for Ahmedabad will be almost similar. Awaiting more interior pics.
Old 23rd August 2010, 17:35   #58
BHPian

Congrats on the new ride.Looks awesome and must be a real hoot to drive!

I had been to VW palace road yesterday to check out the new 1.6L. They said the car is here but is yet to be registered. He said it will be ready soon. Checked the 1.2L instead.
The on road price for 1.6L was about 7,48,000. Way more expensive than Kolkata!
Old 23rd August 2010, 19:28   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post

I had been to VW palace road yesterday to check out the new 1.6L. They said the car is here but is yet to be registered. He said it will be ready soon. Checked the 1.2L instead.
The difference is mainly on the road tax component. There should not be much difference on the exshowroom.
Old 23rd August 2010, 19:35   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post

Got an on-road price of 7,44,562 from VW Downtown this morning. 10K corporate discount in addition.

Karnataka takes the cake when it comes to road-tax. Thats one of the reasons why I stopped looking at 10L+ cars.

I should be getting my 1.6 over the weekend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks