Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2010, 22:46   #91
BHPian

Polo run in

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
about running the engine in.
May be better for you to play safe for the first 1000 km or so.
Better to err on the side of caution, no matter how tempting the alternative.
Still, congratulations on your new buy, would love to hear even more about your experiences, especially since TD cars are still not available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thanks for details on running-in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhasin View Post
In that case, it is irresponsible of auto makers to omit this from the manual. Not every one accesses forums such as these. Even the Innova manual has no mention of run-in requirement
Sorry guys, the manual does have a section for running in - page 223. First 1000 km need to restrict top speed to 3/4th of max speed.
Old 25th August 2010, 08:47   #92
BHPian

Polo 1.6 FE - Second refill

Guys, I am slightly unhappy at the mileage figure obtained during the first 500 km run. I refilled today and got a figure of 10.5 km/l. 200 was highway 300 city out of which 200+ was my driver. He is still not being able to drive efficiently and smoothly. 10.5 with 40% highway might be because of his jerky driving. I need to show him how to drive more efficiently in the polo.
Old 25th August 2010, 09:13   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
Guys, I am slightly unhappy at the mileage figure obtained during the first 500 km run. I refilled today and got a figure of 10.5 km/l. 200 was highway 300 city out of which 200+ was my driver. He is still not being able to drive efficiently and smoothly. 10.5 with 40% highway might be because of his jerky driving. I need to show him how to drive more efficiently in the polo.
Please wait till the car does 5000 km to get real view of the fuel efficiency!
Old 25th August 2010, 11:37   #94
Senior - BHPian

A little late but heartiest congrats on your car sadnabrina.
The Polo is a wonderful car and now with this 1.6 engine its complete.

Did not expect VW to launch it so soon and so discretely. Its one of my fav hatches after the Punto and I simply love the dash illumination.

Are you planning on any modifications on the car? I am shocked to see absence of powered OVRM's.

TC and have a blast.

Regards
Old 25th August 2010, 12:07   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
A little late but heartiest congrats on your car sadnabrina.
The Polo is a wonderful car and now with this 1.6 engine its complete.

Did not expect VW to launch it so soon and so discretely. Its one of my fav hatches after the Punto and I simply love the dash illumination.

Are you planning on any modifications on the car? I am shocked to see absence of powered OVRM's.

TC and have a blast.

Regards
Thanks Hiren.
No I am not planning any mods now. On the accessories front I got seat covers, floor mats, mud flaps and SS door sill step with polo lettering. Also got black door side guards and bumper prorectors fitted from outside. That's about it. Will try to capture some images and share here once I get some time.
Old 25th August 2010, 12:32   #96
BHPian

congrats on acquiring the super hatch!!! I think you were right in your initial comments that BS IV vehicles seem to lag a bit in low end torque. I could feel the same in my BS IV 1.2 kaapa i10, infact i'm not particularly happy with the purchase. Following this thread closely now. Would love to replace my i10 1.2 kappa with Polo 1.6. Its seems to be a better driver's car in all the regards.
Old 25th August 2010, 15:42   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
congrats on acquiring the super hatch!!! I think you were right in your initial comments that BS IV vehicles seem to lag a bit in low end torque. I could feel the same in my BS IV 1.2 kaapa i10, infact i'm not particularly happy with the purchase. Following this thread closely now. Would love to replace my i10 1.2 kappa with Polo 1.6. Its seems to be a better driver's car in all the regards.
There is a prominent difference in driving dynamics of a sub 1 tonne hatch versus a heavier one. You must take a TD of all the popular ones like swift, figo, punto and polo before you decide on your next purchase. The smaller ones are faster off the block than the others.
Old 25th August 2010, 21:37   #98
BHPian

Polo 1.6 Images

Some images of my Polo 1.6. Most are taken at night and are not that sharp - time to upgrade my camera.
Here I have two images of the bumper - one without the protector and one with it. There was no bumper and body side protectors available for Polo in the market yet (at least in the shops I tried). So tried the ones made for Swift and it seems they are a perfect match. What say you?
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo 1.6 MPI - Ownership Report EDIT: 1,30,000 km up!-right-eye.jpg  

VW Polo 1.6 MPI - Ownership Report EDIT: 1,30,000 km up!-polo-front-console-01.jpg  

VW Polo 1.6 MPI - Ownership Report EDIT: 1,30,000 km up!-polo-center-console-02.jpg  

VW Polo 1.6 MPI - Ownership Report EDIT: 1,30,000 km up!-door-sill-plate.jpg  

VW Polo 1.6 MPI - Ownership Report EDIT: 1,30,000 km up!-inside-01.jpg  

VW Polo 1.6 MPI - Ownership Report EDIT: 1,30,000 km up!-inside-02.jpg  

Attached Images

sadnabrina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2010, 22:03   #99
BHPian

Nice pictures Sadnabrina. Center console at night looks great.
Did you get the seat covers from the VW Dealer? Can you please share the price.
Old 25th August 2010, 22:28   #100
Joy
BHPian

It is better late late than never. Congrats sadnabrina on your hot hatch. I was about to request you about interiors and lo! you already uploaded it.

What is the official ARAI figure for VW Polo 1.6 (Your signature shows 10.5 kmpl which you are getting) ?

Just one request, would like have a detailed interior photos (including boot)?

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th August 2010, 22:51   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Nice pictures Sadnabrina. Center console at night looks great.
Did you get the seat covers from the VW Dealer? Can you please share the price.
@AvonA7 - Seat covers are from VW (the sports one). Costs around 6400 + installation 1100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
It is better late late than never. Congrats sadnabrina on your hot hatch. I was about to request you about interiors and lo! you already uploaded it.

What is the official ARAI figure for VW Polo 1.6 (Your signature shows 10.5 kmpl which you are getting) ?

Just one request, would like have a detailed interior photos (including boot)?

Thanks in advance.
@Joy - Yes 10.5 is what I have got (measured at the 2nd refill) after covering around 500 kms. Hoping to see this gradually increase. The manual does not contain any ARAI or claimed FE figure for 1.6. In fact the 1.6 engine specs is conspicuously absent from the user manual, which was released in Feb 2010. They have not yet released an updated user manual. The dealer promised that they expect to provide an updated one as and when they receive from VW. Not sure how much they will remember this though.
I am not been able to find time to take interior pictures. Today I managed to get some late in the evening. Maybe over the coming weekend (if I am not driving) I will be able to get some more.
In GTO's review and TD of 1.2 he had posted a lot of pictures.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ve-review.html

Both 1.2 and 1.6 has the same equipment level for the Highline trim so the pictures will be same.
Old 25th August 2010, 23:15   #102
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics sadnabrina! Thew interiors look great at night! Are the seat covers cushioned nicely? How's the quality?
Which floor mats have you bought? Textile or rubber?

Last edited by theragingbull : 25th August 2010 at 23:16.
Old 25th August 2010, 23:18   #103
Senior - BHPian

sadnabrina
For how much did you sell your swift? Lot of questions eh.
Old 25th August 2010, 23:40   #104
BHPian

Wow, the centre console looks amazing at night.
I've always been a huge fan of red lighting in a car, something about it that feels so rebellious and punk.
If only the ICE Head Unit Back-light was red as well instead of blue.

Last edited by kadanaJ : 25th August 2010 at 23:42.
Old 26th August 2010, 00:01   #105
Senior - BHPian

@ sadnabrina you actually sold your Swift to buy the Polo?

I have been toying with the same idea to sell my '08 SwiftZxi and buy the Polo but the resale price breaks my heart. Maybe your reply to rajeev k's query will give me strength to take the plunge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
sadnabrina
For how much did you sell your swift? Lot of questions eh.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks