Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2012, 19:47   #151
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Laura MFD issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Akshay, you sure about that?
My Laura does have the rain sensing wipers, but the A.S.S told me that the coming/leaving home feature cant be activated in the Ambiente trim.
Just wanted to make sure, that this A.S.S. guy knows what he is talking.
The workshop guy probably won't know. Let akki_5 confirm I'm pretty sure its possible and I think I saw it when we were coding my vRS.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2012, 12:03   #152
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to get the rain and light sensor equipped assembly of the rear view mirror. I belive its NT possible to change the existing mirror with out changing the windshield. How true is that?
Old 8th July 2012, 21:42   #153
BHPian

Hi guys
I faced a tricky situation today evening
My 2010 1.9 pd laura wouldn't start just the dashboard lights kept ticking with a clicking noise like from a relay
Finally pushed start the car and took back home being a sunday
Laura started on first self at home after parking

Have any one of you faced a similar problem?

Personally feel battery is the culprit but will get things checked tomorrow.
Old 9th July 2012, 14:17   #154
BHPian

Re: New Laura Elegance 1.9 TDI A/T EDIT : Customising with a VAG-COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
Hey Dude , where do you stay in Mumbai - can you do this for me on my Laura Ambiente ???
Quote:
Hi,
Need some help with a few issues; Have completed 20,000 kms- (model Ambiente 2.0 CRDI A/T)

a) MFD- flashing at 55 mph
I was tinkering with the MFD settings this morning whilst at a traffic light and then noticed that when I passed the 55 kmph speed I got a warning 'ting" and a flashing 55m/h flashing on the MFD. How do i get rid of this.?

OK I got this corrected by myself - read the manual

b) MFD- Want the display to show total kms covered
How do I get the MFD to show the total KMS done till date. ?
At the moment I can only see it when I am at a standstill. (This occured after the *** had done my first service and reset the counter.)

Still stuck on this - no luck

c) OVRM heating:
Does the Laura Ambiente A/T cone with OVERM heating.? I tried this when it was rainign heavily this week in Mumbai and did not notice any difference.

OVRM- The Supervisor at the service station acknowledged that there was afault but they could not detect it so have asked Skoda HQ for help- Status Pending

d) Comming home and leaving lights
I am quite certain the Ambiente model does not have this feature but can I get this enabled at the *** with the help of thier VAS/VAG-COM ?

The service senter could not do this as the Ambiente does not have this feature

e) Audio speakers:
Are there speakers on each door on the trim ? . This appears to be in the form a netted little square on each door ??? Are the total no of speakers 4 or 8 ? in the Ambiente model ?
Sorted out - It was working.

f) Pollen filer for A/C:
Where is the filter for the Aircon located. I get a rather musty smell when I start the blower initially for around 30 seconds before I start the compressor. Could this be due to a dirty filter. Is it easy to clean or is it better to take it to a *** ?

Changed for INR 650/-

In addition I got he following changed;
1. Air filter (INR 1400)
2. pollen filter (INR650)
3. oil change (INR 5500)
4. oil filter
5. VAS inspection

Total amount incl labour was INR 10,000/-

Thanks in advance.
regards,
Seacat
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Change the country to Japan in the software.
Askedf the *** to do this but honestly they were CLUELESS !!!
Old 13th July 2012, 16:05   #155
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Find my replies in bold below.

Quote:
Hi,
Need some help with a few issues; Have completed 20,000 kms- (model Ambiente 2.0 CRDI A/T)

a) MFD- flashing at 55 mph
I was tinkering with the MFD settings this morning whilst at a traffic light and then noticed that when I passed the 55 kmph speed I got a warning 'ting" and a flashing 55m/h flashing on the MFD. How do i get rid of this.?

Speed warning activated. You can deactivate it using the controls on the stalk.

b) MFD- Want the display to show total kms covered
How do I get the MFD to show the total KMS done till date. ?
At the moment I can only see it when I am at a standstill. (This occured after the *** had done my first service and reset the counter.)

This can also be done using the controls on the stalk. Seems like you have accidentally changed the mode to display speed in mph in the secondary mode instead of total odometer reading.

c) OVRM heating:
Does the Laura Ambiente A/T cone with OVERM heating.? I tried this when it was rainignheavily this week in Mumbai and did not notice any difference.

Not sure about this, but IIRC it has heated mirrors. You just need to switch it the setting on the dial. Oh, but before that you have to get the settings changed using VAS (only possible at service center) to activate heaters below 35C ambient temp (default set to 20C)

d) Comming home and leaving lights
I am quite certain the Ambiente model does not have this feature but can I get this enabled at the *** with the help of thier VAS/VAG-COM ?

Coming home is possible using the stalk and VCDS. Leaving home lights need VCDS and auto lights switch.

e) Audio speakers:
Are there speakers on each door on the trim ? . This appears to be in the form a netted little square on each door ??? Are the total no of speakers 4 or 8 ? in the Ambiente model ?

As mentioned by Akshay1234 above.

f) Pollen filer for A/C:

Where is the filter for the Aircon located. I get a rather musty smell when I start the blower initially for around 30 seconds before I start the compressor. Could this be due to a dirty filter. Is it easy to clean or is it better to take it to a *** ?

Sorry, not sure about this.

Thanks in advance.
regards,
Seacat
Hope the above sorts out your issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Akshay, you sure about that?
My Laura does have the rain sensing wipers, but the A.S.S told me that the coming/leaving home feature cant be activated in the Ambiente trim.
Just wanted to make sure, that this A.S.S. guy knows what he is talking.
Coming home is possible using the stalk and VCDS. Leaving home lights need VCDS and auto lights switch. Both need the rain and lights sensor.

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th July 2012 at 15:48. Reason: Back to back posts. Read Rule 5b
Old 13th July 2012, 16:32   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I am planning to get the rain and light sensor equipped assembly of the rear view mirror. I belive its NT possible to change the existing mirror with out changing the windshield. How true is that?
I have a feeling this is not possible without changing the windscreen as the RLS (rain & light sensor) fits into the windscreen. You might have to change the windscreen to get the equipment installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemen View Post
Hi guys
I faced a tricky situation today evening
My 2010 1.9 pd laura wouldn't start just the dashboard lights kept ticking with a clicking noise like from a relay
Finally pushed start the car and took back home being a sunday
Laura started on first self at home after parking

Have any one of you faced a similar problem?

Personally feel battery is the culprit but will get things checked tomorrow.
Seems to be the battery but can't say for sure.

Quote:
Askedf the *** to do this but honestly they were CLUELESS !!!
Very easy to change thru VCDS. I don't remember the correct steps at the back of my head but it wasn't all that tricky.

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th July 2012 at 15:49. Reason: back to back posts
Old 13th July 2012, 17:51   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5

Seems to be the battery but can't say for sure.
Thanks

Just got it checked.

Solution : battery replaced with din 65 one. Fits perfectly.
Old 26th July 2012, 15:26   #158
BHPian

Hey Akki,

I just saw your thread. I've been tinkering with my Passat 2011 using a Ross tech VCDS. Got a couple of things working, such as:

1. Number of flashes for lane change from 3 to 5
2. Auto rain closing, for both windows and sun roof
3. Horn alert while locking/unlocking the car

The rest is still out of reach because VCDS 11.11 does not support the new Passat B7. I mailed Ross tech customer care around 2 months back and they said that only an upgrade can solve this problem. It’s been a while since then and their website still has the same version posted for download. I hoping this will change soon.

Meanwhile, let us keep in touch and see what other things we can do to our VW, Skoda and Audi cars.

Cheers
Old 26th July 2012, 16:34   #159
BHPian

Hey Akki,

I just saw your thread. I've been tinkering with my Passat 2011 using a Ross tech VCDS. Got a couple of things working, such as:
1. Number of flashes for lane change from 3 to 5
2. Auto rain closing, for both windows and sun roof
3. Horn alert while locking/unlocking the car

The rest is still out of reach because VCDS 11.11 does not support the new Passat B7. I mailed Ross tech customer care around 2 months back and they said that only an upgrade can solve this problem. It’s been a while since then and their website still has the same version posted for download. I hoping this will change soon.

Meanwhile, let us keep in touch and see what other things we can do to our VW, Skoda and Audi cars.

Cheers
Old 11th June 2013, 01:58   #160

Hi exhaustpipe, I think there have been a few upgrades to VCDS since you last posted here. Did you get things to work as desired?
Old 10th October 2014, 11:24   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Change the country to Japan in the software.
Team BHP : Day 1

I just got approved for membership.

I've been following all the advice on this thread and activated the following on my Laura TSI

1. Auto lock
2. Auto unlock
3. Needle staging

@akshay1234
Tried to change the country code to Japan in my Laura TSI but it kept giving me an error 31 : request out of range. Any ideas ?
Old 12th November 2014, 00:42   #162

hi... I need some pointers with some reliable service station in Mumbai for my laura diesel 2009 automatic. also want to run the diagnostics and enable certain features

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks