Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2010, 02:33   #46
Awaiting Email Confirmation

These are the DRLs on Superb and New Laura. They look pretty good in flesh.

Old 4th September 2010, 03:37   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Hey, this is wonderful stuff.
Congrats.

I would surely like to enable this stuff for my Laura. Let's see who can do it in Pune...
Any clue?
Hey, thanks!
I don't have any idea who can do this in Pune. For a fact, i don't know anyone who can do this in India (except Peter ofcourse). But i travel to Pune very often, so if you find someone with the unit and need any assistance, let me know.
Old 4th September 2010, 10:50   #48
Team-BHP Support

Thats some sweet stuff you got going on.

BTW - Which of these is possible on an ambiente? And does the ambiente also have a digital speedo?
Old 4th September 2010, 11:10   #49
BHPian

Akki,

Very interesting tinkering
I'd be interested in #s 8 & 9; but is it possible in the Jetta?
But drive safe.

Regards

Note from Support: Please do not quote a large post or a post that contains videos. It makes it tough for our mobile users. Thanks

Last edited by Eddy : 4th September 2010 at 22:49. Reason: Note inline.
Old 4th September 2010, 12:21   #50
LNK
BHPian

Awesome! You sure know what you're doing. How exactly do you test the codes? Or is it a "re-code & check if the lights work" sort of approach?
Old 4th September 2010, 13:31   #51
BHPian

Akki,

Awesome post man ! I own a 2.0 PD L&K Facelift. Can i get the needle sweep, DRLs and cornering fogs???
I have always been wondering if i should have gone in for the superb for the extra adaptive lighting and other minor gizmos ! but if this upgrade comes through....MANNN that would be awesome !
Its interesting the way built-in features which apparently cost nothing extra to the company are left deactivated in lower variants.

cheers !
Old 4th September 2010, 16:12   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
Akki,

Awesome post man ! I own a 2.0 PD L&K Facelift. Can i get the needle sweep, DRLs and cornering fogs???
I have always been wondering if i should have gone in for the superb for the extra adaptive lighting and other minor gizmos ! but if this upgrade comes through....MANNN that would be awesome !
Its interesting the way built-in features which apparently cost nothing extra to the company are left deactivated in lower variants.

cheers !
Your car would already have the cornering fogs.
Old 4th September 2010, 20:42   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

I had no idea fiddling around with the car's software could make this much of a difference. Congrats Akki- your car looks fantastic.
Is this offered as a service to n00bs like me? And if it is, why don't more people cutsomise this way?
Old 4th September 2010, 23:28   #54
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 5th September 2010 at 16:04.
joshguy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th September 2010, 00:57   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Thats some sweet stuff you got going on.

BTW - Which of these is possible on an ambiente? And does the ambiente also have a digital speedo?
Thanks! Yes, the Ambiente has digital display of speed too. Most of these, if not all, can be done on the Ambiente.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
Akki,

Very interesting tinkering
I'd be interested in #s 8 & 9; but is it possible in the Jetta?
But drive safe.

Regards

Note from Support: Please do not quote a large post or a post that contains videos. It makes it tough for our mobile users. Thanks
I don't own a VW so haven't tried yet. However, according to vwvortex, it's almost same for the siblings Skoda and VW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNK View Post
Awesome! You sure know what you're doing. How exactly do you test the codes? Or is it a "re-code & check if the lights work" sort of approach?
Code it and then test it visually. If it works, cool; if not, re-code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
Akki,

cheers !
Yes, all this is possible on the L&K too. IIRC it's not activated on the L&K by default unlike the Superb. The reason i didn't buy the Superb was the loooong waiting period of over 3 months against the ready delivery of the Laura. I bought the Elegance so that i could avoid the impending guilt of not having paid that odd lakh more over L&K price and getting the Superb. The Elegance was just perfect for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I had no idea fiddling around with the car's software could make this much of a difference. Congrats Akki- your car looks fantastic.
Is this offered as a service to n00bs like me? And if it is, why don't more people cutsomise this way?
Thanks! If you own a Skoda / VW / Audi, i could help you out. I think the reason why people don't customise their Skodas / VWs is, because they are unaware of this. I am doing my bit to make the society aware.

-------------------------------------------

UPDATE

1) I've got bluetooth phone connectivity with sound through car speakers. So now i talk on the phone without even touching it! Though the sound quality is nowhere comparable to my E280 but it's pretty decent for the price.
2) White LED license plate lights like the high-end Bimmers. Boy, do they look cool-o-wat!

Coming up

1) Planning to get LEDs for DRLs (like the E class W212). Just waiting to get some time off work.
2) Painting the brake calipers red.
3) and a lot more fun stuff!
Old 6th September 2010, 01:28   #56

Photos
1) The yellow stock license plate lights (digicam)
2) Changing from yellow bulbs to white LEDs (BB camera)
3) White LEDs for license plate lights (BB camera) (these bulbs are VERY bright, they almost light up a decent area of the ground near the boot)
4) stock yellow DRL (bulbs inside fog lamp housing) (BB camera)

New Laura Elegance 1.9 TDI A/T EDIT : Customising with a VAG-COM-dscn0115.jpg

New Laura Elegance 1.9 TDI A/T EDIT : Customising with a VAG-COM-img00132201009032354.jpg

New Laura Elegance 1.9 TDI A/T EDIT : Customising with a VAG-COM-img00138201009042246.jpg

New Laura Elegance 1.9 TDI A/T EDIT : Customising with a VAG-COM-img00119201008281907.jpg

Apologies for the poor quality photos. Will try to click and post better pictures.

Quote:
I'm very glad that this thread was found worthy of a place in the 'hot threads' section on the index page. Really appreciate it. I request fellow members to please rate the thread as thought suitable.

Last edited by Akki_5 : 6th September 2010 at 01:41. Reason: Added a token of thanks!
Old 7th September 2010, 11:10   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome findings Akki! 5*s for you and this thread !

My doubt is that why would the company get this loaded into a car and then turn it off?? Is it because they can use the same components for multiple models as a cost cutting effort? And then activate the features depending on the model to price it for a premium?

Will all the manufacturers be doing the same way? I was thinking how to get the low fuel warning lamp work on my Swift VDi ! I can see the logo on the console but it doesnt work - it works on the ZXi though. Will the service guys be ready to activate this for any brands? guess they may not considering that doing this might drive away a customer from booking a higher variant for the same features!

PS: Akki -- I can give you an idea -- start off a garage where you do this kinda work and sure you will get house full business in a short time.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th September 2010 at 11:12.
Old 8th September 2010, 11:35   #58
BHPian

@akki5:Awesome mods man.I had no idea all this was possible through software programming.

Any of these possible with the Octavia RS??
Old 8th September 2010, 16:35   #59
BHPian

Hi Akki, This is great. Is this possible on my Octy TPI ? Will this affect the warantees
Old 8th September 2010, 17:41   #60
BHPian

Awesome job dude, waiting to see more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5 View Post
White LED license plate lights like the high-end Bimmers. Boy, do they look cool-o-wat!
The white license plate LED's look super-cool. BTW, where in mumbai did you get these from and whats the cost? I've tried many different white LED's for the license plate but none have this kinda intensity and look. The bimmers license plate lights look pale in comparison

cheers

Most Viewed