Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2011, 12:25   #121
BHPian

Re: New Laura Elegance 1.9 TDI A/T EDIT : Customising with a VAG-COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5 View Post
This is how the remote looks on the steering wheel. And yes, i was doing 240 kmph @6000 rpm in P!
I'm thinking for a similar Bluetooth hands-free solution, but don't like the wires hanging around. Does the Bluetooth module require to be plugged into the 12V charger all the time or does it have a chargeable battery inside which enables it to be plugged in only when the charge is low? How is the overall audio and mic quality, does the caller or listener get a feeling of hollow sound ? Some feedback from you experience would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 18th June 2011, 12:32   #122
Awaiting Email Confirmation

The bluetooth handsfree kit is pretty good. For sound concerns, it is not the best device as the caller/listener will get the feeling of a speakerphone/hollow sound.
you will have to keep the module plugged in but (for the Laura atleast) you can neatly hide the wire to the AUX input. For convenience, it is really good as the remote can be fixed to the steering and works well with most phones. For Blackberry phones, you even have voice controlled dialing/answer, etc.
Akki_5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2011, 07:52   #123
BHPian

Hey Akki

How about the multi function vrs steering with paddle shifts? Saw it on a website and the padddles will apparently work with all the dsg models. It just needs to be re-configured using VAG or VAS. Have thought about getting this done?

Actually i would be happy to get the l&k multifunction steering on my laura dsg elegance (booked and to be delivered in 10 days). Is that possible without losing out on the warranty?

But the thought of paddle shifts on the laura DSG!!! Man i wish this dream becomes a reality someday!

Octavia II RS Facelift 09 - MULTIFUNCTIONAL steering wheel incl.airbag : Skoda Tuning = superskoda.com
Old 24th June 2011, 10:57   #124
Senior - BHPian

^^Vinj14, not too sure about loss of warranty. The warranty is very dealer specefic.
However, I do agree, Paddle shift on the Laura would be amazing!

@Akki: Dude, wanted to meet you at the mega meet, didnt happen unfortunately.
Do you come to Pune often? If so, please PM me the next time you are down. Wanted some help on the VAG COM.
Old 24th June 2011, 11:58   #125
BHPian

Just a quick question. If i do manage to get the L&k multifunction steering on the elegance trim, will in work with the OE skoda swing player or do i have to upgrade to the 6.5 inch touch screen one that comes in the L&K version?

Simply put, does the head unit in the elegance version have the facility for steering controls?
Old 5th July 2011, 18:15   #126

UPDATE:
My Laura now displays mileage in km/l instead of l/100km.
Attached Images

Old 5th July 2011, 18:21   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14
Just a quick question. If i do manage to get the L&k multifunction steering on the elegance trim, will in work with the OE skoda swing player or do i have to upgrade to the 6.5 inch touch screen one that comes in the L&K version?

Simply put, does the head unit in the elegance version have the facility for steering controls?
I think multifunction steering works well with swing radio. But haven't tried it yet. Do u know how much is the steering and maxidot landed cost in Bombay?
Old 19th July 2011, 17:35   #128
BHPian

Quote:
I think multifunction steering works well with swing radio. But haven't tried it yet. Do u know how much is the steering and maxidot landed cost in Bombay?
Not sure about maxidot. The multifunction steering wheel, the steering wheel module and the wiring harness will cost about 35,000 rs including shipping. You can get them all from ebay or skodateile.cz. (skodateile also has maxidot display for around 20k). From what i hear the process of retrofitting a mfsw can be done in 20mins if you know what you are doing (With your knwoledge of vcds it'd be a piece of cake for ya!).

I wont be going for it anytime soon as my car is hardly a month old and also the chennai skoda dealers keep reciting the "it'll void the warranty" sloka and are clueless when it comes to retrofitting anything !!

Hey i just have a few Q's?
1) How did you change from l/100km to km/l?
2) How did you manage to activate coming home and leaving home lights? The manual says that you need the 'AUTO' switch with automatic headlights for it to work? I was able to activate the DRL's but couldnt get the coming and leaving homefunctions to work.
Got the drl's to work by using the VAS software ( got it done in the skoda service centre here in chennai).
Old 20th July 2011, 00:10   #129

1) Using VCDS.
2) I have the auto switch Retrofitted it with help from a friend. Also, you can use the coming home function even without auto switch by (activate it first using VCDS/ VAS) pulling the light stalk once, after turning off ignition. Does the same function as it would using an auto switch, only difference being this is manual. Leaving home needs auto switch.
Now that you have activated DRLs using VCDS/ VAS, you can turn them on and off using the light stalk (refer the manual).
My car has run about 35k and i'm only going to keep it another 14-18 months (about 25-30k more), so not sure about what stuff i should go about retrofitting. Its just that i find the MaxiDot display fascinating.
Old 22nd July 2011, 18:58   #130
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE:
My Laura now displays mileage in km/l instead of l/100km.
Hi Akki
I need theVAGCOM so I go to the dealership? What settings do I use I mean under which module will this be?
Also Akki do u have xenon HIDs? I read on briskoda that once u install HIDs instead of using a CANBUS cancellor or a error cancellor module we should reprogram using VAGCOM to xenon shutter. So I went to the dealership to get it reprogrammed and the option of xenon shutter did not show up...I posted in briskoda again and they said the newer models dont have that option???? Can u confirm this
Thanks
Old 23rd July 2011, 20:22   #131
BHPian

Quote:
1) Using VCDS.
you can use the coming home function even without auto switch by (activate it first using VCDS/ VAS) pulling the light stalk once, after turning off ignition. Does the same function as it would using an auto switch, only difference being this is manual. Leaving home needs auto switch.
Tried it but didnt work. Guess i need that auto switch even for coming home lights. Thanks anyway
Old 23rd July 2011, 21:07   #132

I had tried this before getting my auto switch and it worked just fine for me. Are you sure you are doing it right?
Old 23rd July 2011, 22:39   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by virkdoc View Post
Hi Akki
I need theVAGCOM so I go to the dealership? What settings do I use I mean under which module will this be?
Also Akki do u have xenon HIDs? I read on briskoda that once u install HIDs instead of using a CANBUS cancellor or a error cancellor module we should reprogram using VAGCOM to xenon shutter. So I went to the dealership to get it reprogrammed and the option of xenon shutter did not show up...I posted in briskoda again and they said the newer models dont have that option???? Can u confirm this
Thanks
Sorry mate, i don't know a lot about that. I don't have HIDs on mine, just plain white halogens.
Old 27th January 2012, 16:07   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm. So, on the 13th of August, my Laura completed exactly 13 months and 20000 kms.
===================
Till then, stay tuned and watch out for the only Laura on Mumbai roads sporting DRLs
Hi Akki,

Just pinging you to say hi

Behemoth gave the link to the awesome changes that you have made to your Laura since I am considering buying an Ambient/Ambition Yeti. I want these features and will certainly need help.

Right now there is no other way to communicate except though this board but hopefully that will change shortly.

Cheers!
Old 31st March 2012, 00:45   #135
BANNED

Akki, How is your Laura performing these days? Long time, no updates. How much has it clocked and what have the services cost you thus far?

Most Viewed