Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 11:17   #16
BHPian

Some photographs

I am putting up some photographs of the big fellow. I am not too good and capturing them from different angles.
Attached Thumbnails
Scorpio LX mHawk BS IV - The story so far-1.jpg  

Scorpio LX mHawk BS IV - The story so far-2.jpg  

Scorpio LX mHawk BS IV - The story so far-3.jpg  

Scorpio LX mHawk BS IV - The story so far-4.jpg  

Scorpio LX mHawk BS IV - The story so far-5.jpg  

Scorpio LX mHawk BS IV - The story so far-6.jpg  

Scorpio LX mHawk BS IV - The story so far-7.jpg  

Scorpio LX mHawk BS IV - The story so far-16.jpg  

Scorpio LX mHawk BS IV - The story so far-17.jpg  

Scorpio LX mHawk BS IV - The story so far-18.jpg  

Old 6th September 2010, 13:27   #17
Team-BHP Support

diwakar, the LX does look good in black over other colors i have seen.
Please do update the pics as well as ownership experience on a regular basis, i would be tuned in to this thread.

Are wheel caps part of the LX package, or do they need to be purchased seperately? If so, how much do they cost?
Old 6th September 2010, 14:18   #18
BHPian

diwakarmuthu your scorpio is just looking awesome. Black colour is my favorite. Nice photos. What accessories have you planned to install. One more question did you test drove Grande MKII before purchasing Scorpio???? If yes then which of the two had better road visibility.
Old 6th September 2010, 15:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

diwakar those interiors are to die for pal, atleast anyday better than the dual tone god forsaken colors Mahindra has given us with the SLE's and the VLX's. Is this the standard color of the interiors of a LX ?

Quote:
The spare wheel was mounted on the rear door. It would have enhanced the real SUV kind of looks
Once you get alloys go ahead and mount them on the rear door. It is doable.
Old 6th September 2010, 16:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats
Black is the perfect color for LX,and as someone suggested dont paint the bumpers.

here up north,i have seen Scorpio Lx's being transformed into VLX's(though in looks only)by painting everything then adding alloys and chequred decals too.
Old 6th September 2010, 16:56   #21
BHPian

Congrats on the new buy. Just interested to know, the fog lamps are not standard fitment so when they were installed, where is the on/off switch located.
Old 7th September 2010, 08:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
diwakar, the LX does look good in black over other colors i have seen.
Please do update the pics as well as ownership experience on a regular basis, i would be tuned in to this thread.

Are wheel caps part of the LX package, or do they need to be purchased seperately? If so, how much do they cost?
@benbsb29, I will try and keep this post up to date as I use the car through its service period.

Wheel caps are not part of the LX package. I had accessories worth 5k provided free as part of the deal. I swapped some of the accessories for the wheel hubs and fog lamps.
Old 7th September 2010, 08:38   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
diwakarmuthu your scorpio is just looking awesome. Black colour is my favorite. Nice photos. What accessories have you planned to install. One more question did you test drove Grande MKII before purchasing Scorpio???? If yes then which of the two had better road visibility.
@happyroadie, thanks for the compliments. Accessories part of my plans are:
1. Floor mats - purchased from the market for front and rear seats for 650 bucks. Need to purchase the rear portion mats separately
2. ICE - Planning a double din audio deck or look for Scorpio double din plates available from the market for install. I am looking at a very basic setup HU+4 speakers

On your question about the Grande MKII, I had driven the first generation of Sumo Grande and found it interesting to drive. Visibility from a personal opininon in better in the Scorpio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
diwakar those interiors are to die for pal, atleast anyday better than the dual tone god forsaken colors Mahindra has given us with the SLE's and the VLX's. Is this the standard color of the interiors of a LX ?

@rjstyles69, YES this is the standar color of the interors in LX. All single tone simple and neat. exactly the reason why I went for the LX. Also when I did some rough calcuations regarding the accessories to make it a VLX, it worked out real cheaper and you can do it at your own pace as you own the car

Once you get alloys go ahead and mount them on the rear door. It is doable.
I am not sure if I would do it. Let me first buy them

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Congrats
Black is the perfect color for LX,and as someone suggested dont paint the bumpers.

here up north,i have seen Scorpio Lx's being transformed into VLX's(though in looks only)by painting everything then adding alloys and chequred decals too.
I am not looking to paint the bumpers now. I have read through @Anjan's post that the bumpers are fading after sometime and it gives a old look, hence was looking at painting them at a later date. I may leave them as it is too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey View Post
Congrats on the new buy. Just interested to know, the fog lamps are not standard fitment so when they were installed, where is the on/off switch located.
@princey, thanks for your wishes. Fog lamps are not part of the standard accessories. During the purchase, I had an option of buying accessories worth 5k. I swapped a few accessories for Fog lamps and got it fitted. Unfortunately, the Mahindra service fellows have not installed the switches. The standard answers "Stock not available". Fog lamp switches will have a rotory switch just below your head lamp switch.
Old 8th September 2010, 20:20   #24
BHPian

I was reading through this forum and came across a post that talked about after market fascia plates available for the double din music system installs. I have searched through the ICE section and couldn't find one. Hence I am putting this question to you all

Do we have a fascia plate available with Scorpio dealerships?
How difficult or easy it is to attach a single din player to it.

If some option is available, I may end up investing in one.
Old 10th September 2010, 01:51   #25
BHPian

Congratulations for your New Scorpio!!!! This is my first comment on TBHP and it definitely had to be for a Scorpio owner as I desire to be one soon. Few questions on my mind right now, not sure if it's too early to ask.

1) Have you taken the Scorpio for a spin on open road and did you have any jittery feeling while on top speed? I have read comments on Scorpio's poor aerodynamics.

2) Do you have any initial FE readings.

3) Did you miss the ABS anytime.

4) Is ABS really a must have safety measure. Honestly, I have never driven a vehicle with ABS so can't comment on it's +'s. I drive a 2007 Swift Vxi.

Regards,

RNS
Old 10th September 2010, 03:13   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
Few questions on my mind right now.

1) Have you taken the Scorpio for a spin on open road and did you have any jittery feeling while on top speed? I have read comments on Scorpio's poor aerodynamics.

4) Is ABS really a must have safety measure. Honestly, I have never driven a vehicle with ABS so can't comment on it's +'s. I drive a 2007 Swift Vxi.
Hi Raghunath Singh,

I also drive a Scorpio VLX 2.2 so i guess i am qualified to answer your queries.
  1. Scorpio's poor aerodynamics do not rob it of high speed stability. Scorpio's high speed stability is very good but it does not love corners at speed. Also due to the soft setup of suspension the ride gets bouncy at speed.
  2. I get 11-12kpl in city, but then out driving pattern and usage conditions are different. I drive with a light foot and upshift early.
  3. I have owned a SLX earlier, the braking was considerably worse compared to the ABS equipped VLX. I recommend SLE over others, it comes with ABS but loses all the extra useless gadgetry.
  4. Having driven both ABS and non-ABS Scorpios, i say Scorpio ABS feels much more safer. Also the brakes are very well calibrated, despite being just a 3 channel system it works well.
Old 12th September 2010, 14:26   #27
BHPian

Thanks for the details Anshuman.

What is the service/ maintenance cost for the Scorpio during free service and paid service. I recently met a mHawk Scorpio owner who said he was charged 9K during his second free service.

@Diwakar- Sorry for using your thread to extract some information. Your Black Scorpio looks awesome!!
Old 12th September 2010, 16:10   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@Ragunath:

To answer your queries about service cost, if you do only the required company service it costs only about 3K. I have scanned and put up the bill for my second service in my ownership thread. Dealerships add all kinds of stuff to pad the bill and not required by the company. In my case they added some junk and I contacted Mahindra customer service who came to my help and made the dealer refund the amount.
Old 13th September 2010, 13:25   #29
BHPian

Mods, can you please add "Pics on Page 2" to the title of my thread. Thanks
Old 13th September 2010, 13:34   #30
BHPian

@Raghu

Thanks for your wishes. I hope to see your scorpio ownership thread soon. I haven't yet taken it for a wild spin yet and I doubt if I would do one. I generally follow the simple driving rules and hence haven't experienced any handling issues so far.

Nope, I am yet to record one properly. Overall I feel I am getting 10kmpl in city with AC. I will get one recorded officially by next month.

As a standard safety fitment if available a whole hearted yes. But I don't miss it much. It sorts to gives you the extra confidence that you are protected by a proven system. However eventually if you drive the vehicle to its prescribed limits and follow the basic rules, I am sure you should be fine.
Regards,

RNS[/quote]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks