Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2016, 00:07   #196
BHPian

Re: Toyota Landcruiser - Been 6 years Now, Trade, Sell, Hold??? What To Do!!!

Good to hear that you are keeping it Harjeev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hi Deepak, Yup I very much still have the LC. Sharing below my view and debate that was going on my mind for a couple of months, now finally settled.

Hey Guys,
Its been 6 years since I bought the cruiser home.
Here's the complete story, filmi istyle on how this happened

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-counting.html

So naturally lots of thoughts were on my mind regarding the ownership of the vehicle and main question. Whether to change the vehicle or keep it for another 5-6 years. Was in two minds a couple of months back as now its almost 20 years old but the vehicle is simply WOW. Love driving it, maintaining it, still cruises on the highway at comfortable speeds and can do it all day long without breaking a sweat.
I was contemplating whether to trade this in lieu of a pre-owned Toyota Fortuner or a brand New Scorpio. Took test drives and though was more inclined towards the Fortuner (Yes, Toyota has converted me to a Toyota fan) but still felt more safer and at ease in the Cruiser. Additionally being a finance guy I did some maths that this vehicle will now sell for about 8-9 Lacs give or take a 50K. On the contrary a new Scorpio or pre owned Fortuner would cost at the least 14-15Lacs. So financing the difference will again involve paying an installment for the next 60 months of 12-14K per month, add to that the depreciation loss it doesn't really make sense to me.
Now if I keep it for the next 5-6 years I reckon that I'll be able to sell the LC then for, worst come to worst, 4-5L. But on the fortuner and scorpio I'll end up losing atleast 7-8 Lacs. Not only the loss is more (basically double) I personally didn't enjoy very much driving the latters compared to my LC, obviously, I know its not a fair comparison Additionally I'm really happy with the performance of the LC, no major expenses coming up and even if they did, I'm sure it would be much less compared to the additionally depreciation loss on the Fortuner and or Scorpio.
To cut a long story short, I'm keeping it, bone stock not plans for any upgrades or anything as I like to keep my daily drive vehicles stock baring small accessories like auxiliary lights, etc.
Finally, the most important point, I've developed a great degree of trust in the reliability of the vehicle, which no doubt will surely be there in other newer vehicles as well, but still the heart goes out to this beast.

Leaving you guys with a couple of pictures I clicked of the cruiser.

This was in 2012 during my Solo trip to Lahual Spiti Valley, I think, I was returning back to Kaza from Komic. In Sep'2012

Attachment 1561009

North of Bhuj, Gujarat during my Marshaling Duty in Desert Storm Rally in Feb, 2011

Attachment 1561010

The below two were again captured during marshaling work in Desert Storm Rally in Feb'11. Location South-West of Pokhran, Rajasthan

Attachment 1561011

Attachment 1561012
joshiviv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 16:36   #197
BHPian

Re: Toyota Landcruiser - 80 Series HDJ80 - Owned for 82,000 kms and counting

I’m interested on this LC 80 . Asking 12 lakhs. Please help me dear Bhpians.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Landcruiser - 80 Series HDJ80 - Owned for 82,000 kms and counting-1aaf592524c345bda082bdd59250f9ea.jpeg  

Toyota Landcruiser - 80 Series HDJ80 - Owned for 82,000 kms and counting-0181dd4a7afd4fa5bfc783e8cd16d858.jpeg  

Tulok is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 17:09   #198
BHPian

Re: Toyota Landcruiser - Been 6 years Now, Trade, Sell, Hold??? What To Do!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hey Guys,
Its been 6 years since I bought the cruiser home.
Here's the complete story, filmi istyle on how this happened
What a thread sirji. Truly an amazing story.

Hope you are still enjoying this beast. I drive my parents' Safari Storme and have fallen in love with SUVs, and the LC is in my opinion the epitome of Body On Frame!!

I just turned nineteen and can't wait to have my own car very soon, I spend much of my time reading about LCs on the internet and your thread was just WOW!

Please keep updating the thread for the fans among us. I see that it has been close to 5 years since the last time you posted. Happy mile munching!!!

Please let us know if you're ever swinging by Hyderabad, would love to see your ride in the flesh!

One question sir.

When you changed the headlights from the projector headlamps back to the standard reflector setup, wasn't there a negative effect on the light output?

Did it for the originality is it??

EDIT

Adding my favourite LC80 video

Last edited by viXit : 8th October 2021 at 17:14.
viXit is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks