Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2010, 10:03   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi Harjeev:

Congrats mate on your awsome buy. BTW, Redone and myself went for an OTR together in chennai when I had my Nissan Patrol. It was sheer delight to see two monsters side by side at the OTR. More pics of the OTR can be seen in the Chennai OTR thread.

BTW if anyone is looking for a LC80, there is an excellent one for sale in Coimbatore. PM me for more details.
Old 16th October 2010, 16:08   #92
BHPian

Please do change the Timing belt Idler pulley and tensioner as well.
Old 17th October 2010, 21:24   #93
BHPian

Hi Harjeev,

Check about getting it registered at some satellite township around Mumbai like Panvel.

I recently registered my New Beat from Panvel (Pen RTO) (I have a flat there). The documents I submitted were 1. Society Bill, 2. Mobile Phone Bill, 3. Tax Reciept from Grampanchayat.

If you need any help with address I can rent out this flat to u for a few days legally for your registration.
Old 18th October 2010, 11:58   #94
Team-BHP Support

Haryana is much cheaper than PB when it comes to registration.
As for Ludhiana, I found out about various agents. Most of them sit in the new district courts complex, and you can go to any one for your registration needs.
All they need is an address proof(rent agreement will also do)
Old 18th October 2010, 13:49   #95
BHPian

Ah,

What an awesome buy. Congrats harjeev.

By any chance, first pic is from C.V Raman Nagar bangalore?

Congrats once again, wishing you many happy years with your new ride.

Ijeet
Old 18th October 2010, 13:57   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Harjeev,

Get all drainage holes checked and cleared if they are blocked. Not the LC but on Audi A4's I have seen footwells get wet after the plenum chamber drainage holes are blocked with leaves and other debris.
I got them checked up last time but the footwell doesn't seem to dry up. Its as wet as someone might have emptied water on the carpet.
I might have to go to a more reputed AC guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Hi Harjeev:

Congrats mate on your awsome buy. BTW, Redone and myself went for an OTR together in chennai when I had my Nissan Patrol. It was sheer delight to see two monsters side by side at the OTR. More pics of the OTR can be seen in the Chennai OTR thread.
Thanks a lot buddy.
And yes I have seen the pics of the TLC and your Patrol off-roading. I think that it was the Thunder Down Under or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura View Post
Please do change the Timing belt Idler pulley and tensioner as well.
I changed the timing belt at 105100 kms. The Idler Pulley was also checked at that time and as per the workshop guy is ok and needs not be changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Chaser View Post
Hi Harjeev,

Check about getting it registered at some satellite township around Mumbai like Panvel.

I recently registered my New Beat from Panvel (Pen RTO) (I have a flat there). The documents I submitted were 1. Society Bill, 2. Mobile Phone Bill, 3. Tax Reciept from Grampanchayat.

If you need any help with address I can rent out this flat to u for a few days legally for your registration.
Thanks a lot buddy for offering to go the extra mile for helping me with my registration.However I am thinking that if I have to go all the way and change the registration city, wouldn't it be much better if its closer to Delhi.
I mean if I register at Panvel, it surely is at par with registration in lets say a city like Ludhiana in Punjab or maybe Ambala or Karnal in Haryana.

Atleast cities in Punjab or Haryana, would be much more accessible to me compared to Panvel.
But still thanks a million. If there's anything I could ever do for you, just let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Haryana is much cheaper than PB when it comes to registration.
As for Ludhiana, I found out about various agents. Most of them sit in the new district courts complex, and you can go to any one for your registration needs.
All they need is an address proof(rent agreement will also do)
Thanks for the info Tanveer. I inquired about Haryana and the guy is quoting about 50 grands +/- 10 grands or so. So I thought that why not get a quote from Ludhiana or somewhere in Punjab and then after weighing both the options I would take a call.
I think that I might visit Ludhiana in this week and get more info.
Thanks again
Old 19th October 2010, 18:04   #97
BHPian

Hi

Harjeev

I think we can get it done in Mumbai. I shave spken to the agent. it wont cost 50k for sure. call me we can work something out

r
Old 19th October 2010, 19:28   #98
BHPian

What a fantastic story

Hi Harjeev,

I read the complete thread today and I felt like going through the experience myself. Very well written.

One question though, what happened to your Safari? Did you sell it or still keeping it?
Old 20th October 2010, 17:35   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53BHP View Post
Harjeev

I think we can get it done in Mumbai. I shave spken to the agent. it wont cost 50k for sure. call me we can work something out

r
Thanks Rohit. Already spoken to you regarding this. However if the Punjab thing doesn't work out, will get in touch with you.
Tanks for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojas View Post
Hi Harjeev,

I read the complete thread today and I felt like going through the experience myself. Very well written.

One question though, what happened to your Safari? Did you sell it or still keeping it?
Thanks Manojas.

The Safari is still up for grabs. Please do let me know if someone wants to buy a sparingly used vehicle
Thanks again
cheers
Harjeev
Old 28th October 2010, 11:42   #100
Senior - BHPian

Registration Update

Update on the Registration

I went to Ludhiana last week and met with a a couple of RTO agents.

Registration in Punjab can be done and getting it registered on the basis of a rent agreement is also seems possible. Further if getting the registration done on the basis of the Rent Agreement becomes an issue I have decided to get it done in my cousin's name in Ludhiana itself

Now going forward with the registration in Ludhiana, I have two options
  • Endorsing the Registration Booklet
If I do the above, the cost is just 3000 buck. They will take the form no 28 (NOC from Mumbai) and endorse the original registration book in Ludhiana. I get to keep my MH number and save a lot of money

The downside of the above is that in case I loose the original RC book I will be left in an abyss. In such a situation the RTO in Mumbai will say that once they have given an NOC fvg Ludhiana, they no longer govern the vehicle.
The Ludhiana RTO will say that they have just endorsed the RC book and all the paperwork is in Mumbai and I should contact there.
This was told to me by the RTO agent in Ludhiana.

• Doing the complete registration
If I do this, then the downside is I have to spend a bomb . About 40-45k.
The old number is quashed and I will be allotted a new registration number in Ludhiana
The positive in this case is, if I loose the RC book then as this will be a new registration, I can always get a duplicate registration book at Ludhiana.
For all purposes the link to Mumbai RTO is over.
I am not sure of this 40-45 grands, how much will be deposited in the RTO and how much will go in the agents and other middle men's pockets. But as long as the work is genuine, I am happy about it.

Therefore keeping in mind the pro's and cons of the above I have decided to go ahead with the second option and do the complete registration and get a new number. Also in the meantime I have requested my cousin to verify the cost factor from another source. As if the difference is not much, Ii would go with this agent.

I will be sending the documents to Mumbai in a couple of days and then update the thread.
Cheers
Harjeev
Old 28th October 2010, 11:58   #101
Team-BHP Support

harjeev, if you can wait till Diwali, you may save a lot of money. I will be going there, and find out how much is the official cost, and how much is the "agent cost" etc.,
Moreover there is a good chance that this may be done without any agent.
Just be prepared to be present in LDH on a working day with your rent agreement/gas connection
Old 28th October 2010, 18:52   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
harjeev, if you can wait till Diwali, you may save a lot of money. I will be going there, and find out how much is the official cost, and how much is the "agent cost" etc.,
Moreover there is a good chance that this may be done without any agent.
Just be prepared to be present in LDH on a working day with your rent agreement/gas connection
Tanveer, I cant express in words how extremely greateful I am and will be for this. Even if this doesn't work out, just the gesture means quite a lot. Thanks a lot for this.

Further with regards to waiting till Diwali, I can wait for sure. In the meantime I will send the documents for the NOC to Mumbai so that atleast that part is set in motion.
Again, thanks a lot
Cheers
Old 28th October 2010, 21:34   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Update on the Registration
Now going forward with the registration in Ludhiana, I have two options
  • Endorsing the Registration Booklet
If I do the above, the cost is just 3000 buck. They will take the form no 28 (NOC from Mumbai) and endorse the original registration book in Ludhiana. I get to keep my MH number and save a lot of money

The downside of the above is that in case I loose the original RC book I will be left in an abyss. In such a situation the RTO in Mumbai will say that once they have given an NOC fvg Ludhiana, they no longer govern the vehicle.
The Ludhiana RTO will say that they have just endorsed the RC book and all the paperwork is in Mumbai and I should contact there.
This was told to me by the RTO agent in Ludhiana.
@Harjeev Theoretical question: In the case of endorsement, if you wanted to sell the vehicle again, would the Ludhiana RTO give you a NOC?
Old 29th October 2010, 07:20   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

@Harjeev - Do not go endorsement route. Happened to get that done for my sons bike. Later I could not get a duplicate made as no authority was responding. Cut up the bike and sold it as scrap.
Old 29th October 2010, 15:08   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
@Harjeev Theoretical question: In the case of endorsement, if you wanted to sell the vehicle again, would the Ludhiana RTO give you a NOC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
@Harjeev - Do not go endorsement route. Happened to get that done for my sons bike. Later I could not get a duplicate made as no authority was responding. Cut up the bike and sold it as scrap.
@genesis:
The endorsement route is appearing to be quite shady, plus with Sudev sir experience of the bike registration, I would now stay miles away with the endorsement option.
I think that the RTO will respond as long as we have the original RC in hand. If its lost of misplaced (which can happen anytime), one would be in a problem. Sudev sirs experience with his sons bike, illustrates the pitfall's of this procedure.

@sudev:
Sir, I will stick to with the complete new registration only. Will wait for Tanveers response and go ahead with the new registration. Thanks

Most Viewed