Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2010, 21:18   #16
BHPian

Congrats Harjeev!

Guys, I saw this vehicle in person today. You need to park another SUV next to it be able to comprehend the size of it. To say it is HUGE is an understatement. The vehicle is a very good find. Well done buddy!

Cheers
Ankit
Old 5th September 2010, 21:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

I CANNOT HELP BUT NOTICE THAT HARJEEV IS MISSING ON THIS THREAD POST THE INTIAL POSTS !! Jaago Pyaare !!

Hope the Loooooong drive did not get you down ?

Looking forward to pics & revelations of the beastly TLC

Cheers
Old 5th September 2010, 22:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
You need to park another SUV next to it be able to comprehend the size of it. To say it is HUGE is an understatement
From the drivers head, the left most corner/bumper is at-least 7 feet in my estimate, may be 8. I have requested Harjeev to do a name same measurement for our idea... Safari/Scorpio look like a auto-rickshaw next to it...!!
Old 5th September 2010, 22:44   #19
BHPian

@santosh : you should see mandeep's aka renege fj 60 it bigger than the 80.

Last edited by GTO : 10th September 2010 at 10:51. Reason: STRICTLY no SMS language please. Read our rules. Corrected
Old 5th September 2010, 22:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Dude... looks like Kollywood Ishtyle of movie-cum-story telling has bit you big...!!!
Was just trying to get the momentum going :-))

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Congrats! now let us know the condition,price and most importantly the PICTURES
Thanks Buddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
congrats harjeev ! you said that FJ was in chennai in the first post?
Yes thats correct. The vehicle was in Chennai as per the advertisement in the classified. Thats the reason I called TRAMWAY and requested him to inquire further. And definitely if it wasn't for him the interest in the vehicle wouldn't have resulted in a deal. But just sometime back the owner relocated to Bangalore. Thats the reason I flew down to Bangalore and not chennai.
Quote:
btw how will she perform otr? post more pic of the interiors please
i am not really concerned about OTR's as I wouldn't be using it at OTR's. I would primarily be using the vehicles for long distance driving, family trips, officiating at rallies etc. And maybe.. Maybe very mild off-roading. But I have my CJj3B for that so wouldn;t really use the FJ for that
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Congrats Phaaji
The moment,i noticed your Safari,in classifieds,i had started wondering,what would be the replacement vehicle.

Congrats once again,did you drive it down from Chennai to Delhi?
Thanks Akshay. You guess its right. Am trying to sell the safari and will almost be finalising the deal in aweek or two. i drove the vehicle from Bangalore to Delhi due to reasons as mentioned above

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahultomahawk View Post
nice ride harjeev . congratulations for the same .
Thanks Rahul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Congratulations on the "new" TLC. She does look like she is brilliantly maintained. 4200 cc turbo diesel Slurp slurp...stuff dreams are made of.
Thanks Ricky for the kind words. She is infact a pleasure to drive.

Quote:
Hope you have a great ownership experience & a wonderful time with the TLC Let us have the pleasure of seeing some pics of her here in Delhi. Do share your experience of the looooong solo drive. Looking forward to it. Hope she did not "misbehave" enroute.
Cheerio
Will start posting the travel experience in a day or two and also the I will be regularly updating the thread with the ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
Congratulations harjeev,welcome to the TLC world,now the journey begins. Your vehicle is in very good shape mate,loved the way engine sounded,now just keep on cruising.As discussed earlier,now are camping trips are on the moment my LC is on road.Have fun and enjoy the ride.

cheers
Thanks lot buddy. you were really instrumental in the whole through process. Inact as I said earlier, if it wasn't for you in the first place, I wouldn't have ever even started dreaming of owning the beautiful beast someday. Will catch you soon in a day or two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 cruiser View Post
Congratulations Harjeev and let me tell you are very very lucky to find this beauty and that too in such a good shape, its my dream vehicle and have been hunting for one since ages, these are very difficult to come by and if you find one in such a good shape, the prices quoted are Horrible. I hope you have got it in good price. If you don't mind can you p.m it to me.
Thanks a lot buddy. You wouldn't believe that this but this is infact the first vehicle that I'd seen and bought it at the 1st chance that I had. Whether that was a good decision or a bad one, time will tell...

Quote:
Eagerly waiting for more Pictures and your trip from Chennai - Delhi to unfold

P.s: This forum is a boon, I was able to purchase my 550 within 24 hrs of the add posted in classified.
will be doing that in the coming week for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovergen View Post
congrats on the drive , we see a similar model but snuff coloured one in bangalore , parked at central silk board in bangalore , it's owned by some governament organization , have noticed the cab drivers maintain min distance from the LC on all sides
Thanks buddy. Infact I too took the delivery of my TLC from Bangalore. The owner relocated from Chennai to Bangalore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
Congrats on the buy Harjeev! Nice to hear she's found a new home.
Had met your Landy on my First OTR.

More pics of the TLC doing Off-roading at Palar in this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...n-under-9.html
Thanks Ram. You wouldn't believe this, but I've already downloaded all the pictures of the TLC from that thread. And I did that even before I saw the vehicle in person. he he he...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Congrats, one of my fav SUVs. Hope to own a green one someday.
Thanks dude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperone View Post
Great find Harjeev,
Thanks!
Quote:
I can claim that I have already ridden it. Found the interiors to be very clean. No doubt the previous owner took very good care of it. The engine bay was very clean indeed. loved it, congratulations again and hope I can test drive it some day. RENEGADE needs a special mention here as his knowledge knows no bounds, he manages to surprise me everyday! He has a gem too but I will not steal his thunder today!
Already Ridden it???
Was it you with RENEGADE the other day in the corolla??? I can't place you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathyagith View Post
Congrads Harjeev,
Your dream come true to own a TCL.
-Sathya
Thats sathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
congrats on the vehicle, thats a neat buy.

Quite surprising that it didnt find any taker for so long, guess it was meant for you.

Looks like a mean machine to do offroading.
Thanks buddy. I too am most surprised at that. The advert was on the site for more than a year. I guess that it was it was too come to me... I still cant believe that my dream has finally been realised...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
Congrats Harjeev!

Guys, I saw this vehicle in person today. You need to park another SUV next to it be able to comprehend the size of it. To say it is HUGE is an understatement. The vehicle is a very good find. Well done buddy!

Cheers
Ankit
Thanks Ankit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
I CANNOT HELP BUT NOTICE THAT HARJEEV IS MISSING ON THIS THREAD POST THE INTIAL POSTS !! Jaago Pyaare !!

Hope the Loooooong drive did not get you down ?

Looking forward to pics & revelations of the beastly TLC

Cheers
Hey Ricky. I am real sorry but I was getting the cruiser serviced yesterday and today had some important function to attend in the morning. I would surely update the travel experience in a day or two and then start with the ownership experience.
Cheers
Old 6th September 2010, 00:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys Here are some pictures of the FJ. The pics are from my phone camera so please excuse me for the crappy pics. Will post better ones soon
Cheers

Toyota Landcruiser - 80 Series HDJ80 - Owned for 82,000 kms and counting-tlc-fj80-1018.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Landcruiser - 80 Series HDJ80 - Owned for 82,000 kms and counting-tlc-fj80-1017.jpg  

Toyota Landcruiser - 80 Series HDJ80 - Owned for 82,000 kms and counting-tlc-fj80-1015.jpg  

Toyota Landcruiser - 80 Series HDJ80 - Owned for 82,000 kms and counting-tlc-fj80-1013.jpg  

Toyota Landcruiser - 80 Series HDJ80 - Owned for 82,000 kms and counting-tlc-fj80-1011.jpg  

Toyota Landcruiser - 80 Series HDJ80 - Owned for 82,000 kms and counting-tlc-fj80-107.jpg  

Toyota Landcruiser - 80 Series HDJ80 - Owned for 82,000 kms and counting-tlc-fj80-106.jpg  

Toyota Landcruiser - 80 Series HDJ80 - Owned for 82,000 kms and counting-tlc-fj80-102.jpg  

harjeev is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2010, 00:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thats an awesome buy, Harjeev Bhai! Its a comfortable monster.

Direct yourself to ih8mud soon. They're the absolute tech gurus on Land Cruisers

80-Series Tech
Old 6th September 2010, 01:53   #23
BHPian

Congrats Harjeev! May I request you to post some photographs of the cabin also. The vehicle looks very clean and as RENEGADE has already mentioned on this thread that the engine is a very sweet sounding(read trouble free and properly tuned) thing, there's no looking back for you.
As it is RENEGADE has an immense knowledge, cohesive experience and passion to understand vehicles. I am very happy for you that you took his advice and got this gem.
Hope to look forward to get a ride in your monster soon.
And please request your friends like RENEGADE to guide other people also who are venturing in the lower ebbs of the vehicular sea.
Old 6th September 2010, 05:38   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like Harjeev could not resist off the road as some pics shows. Congratulations on excellent buy.
Old 6th September 2010, 11:51   #25
BANNED

great buy harjeev. she looks amazing!
Old 6th September 2010, 13:41   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Thats an awesome buy, Harjeev Bhai! Its a comfortable monster.

Direct yourself to ih8mud soon. They're the absolute tech gurus on Land Cruisers

80-Series Tech
Thanks buddy. I am already a member there. Just getting the initial things sorted out and very basic preventive maintenance first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
Congrats Harjeev! May I request you to post some photographs of the cabin also. The vehicle looks very clean and as RENEGADE has already mentioned on this thread that the engine is a very sweet sounding(read trouble free and properly tuned) thing, there's no looking back for you.
As it is RENEGADE has an immense knowledge, cohesive experience and passion to understand vehicles. I am very happy for you that you took his advice and got this gem.
Hope to look forward to get a ride in your monster soon.
And please request your friends like RENEGADE to guide other people also who are venturing in the lower ebbs of the vehicular sea.
Thanks Sandeep. Its been a long time since we met. Like a year and a half. I might be going to Ludhiana in a couple of weeks. Will call you from there and lets meet if you are free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Looks like Harjeev could not resist off the road as some pics shows. Congratulations on excellent buy.
Thanks a lot Sudev sir. Sir the credit of my solo drive from BLR-DEL goes to my participation as an official in Desert Storm, as that gave me the courage to attempt this drive. Thanks again
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
great buy harjeev. she looks amazing!
Thanks buddy
Old 6th September 2010, 15:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys
Here are some pics from the day of the purchase

deal done...
SANTOSH, REDONE, TRAMWAY, HARJEEV & RANBIR

Toyota Landcruiser - 80 Series HDJ80 - Owned for 82,000 kms and counting-bangalore0.jpg

Me & My cousin (RANBIR)

Toyota Landcruiser - 80 Series HDJ80 - Owned for 82,000 kms and counting-bangalore21.jpg

HARJEEV & TRAMWAY

Toyota Landcruiser - 80 Series HDJ80 - Owned for 82,000 kms and counting-bangalore20.jpg

From Left to Right (TRAMWAY, REDONE, RANBIR, HARJEEV & SANTOSH

Toyota Landcruiser - 80 Series HDJ80 - Owned for 82,000 kms and counting-bangalore19.jpg

Toyota Landcruiser - 80 Series HDJ80 - Owned for 82,000 kms and counting-bangalore15.jpg

Toyota Landcruiser - 80 Series HDJ80 - Owned for 82,000 kms and counting-bangalore9.jpg

Toyota Landcruiser - 80 Series HDJ80 - Owned for 82,000 kms and counting-bangalore1.jpg

I would post the travelogue, actually its more of a short travel experience from Bangalore to Delhi and then start with the ownership experience in a couple of days
harjeev is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2010, 15:24   #28
BHPian

clean.......
have fun sir
Old 6th September 2010, 18:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Harjeev. At first I was searching for someone at Team-BHP with the handle named TRAMWAY (Actually my handle is trammway)!

It was pleasure meeting you, RedOne, Santhosh and Ranbir on that day. I throughly enjoyed the drive too. You know what I had real fun on my 800 odd kms on the weekend with my Explorer.

I just came back home driving my TLC FJ62 for 600kms today, same is the reason for delay in replying to you post here. Tips: Petrol bills is not too high! ;-)
Old 6th September 2010, 19:20   #30
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your purchase. im sure you got your money's worth and the trip to bangalore was worth every Rupee.

guys this photo shows what TEAM BHP is ALL about!
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Landcruiser - 80 Series HDJ80 - Owned for 82,000 kms and counting-in20bangalore0.jpg  

Parm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed