Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2005, 11:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

The best and HONEST review of the swift...with no bias at all. Hats off to u,anthil
Old 25th November 2005, 12:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

I always like to be behind the wheels of Swift. Its a TRUE drivers car. I havent driven Palio 1.6 Sport, heard great things about it. But basing on my own personal experience having driven Oldmobile Alero, Pontiac Grand Prix, Grand Am, Chevrolet Malibu, Mistubishi Lancer, Toyota Camry, Impala, Tauras, Getz, Passat, Esteem, Baleno, Santro, Zen, Indica.... etc. That personally I am in love with this car. The throttle response is awesome and the confidence that 185/70 Potenza rubber gives is also thrilling.
Steering is not as response as one would like, but I got used to it. Its a little broad and can be a pain at times on Indian roads. However take the car to the highway and you feel planted on speeds of 140kmph. Though Maruti has had small issues like rattling noises etc. still the car has been a real eye opener for the Indian mid segment cars. I am talking plainly on driving thrill of this car, not about space etc. as I am sure there are better cars out there in that department.
I do not regret for a second having bought this car. Everytime I drive it I feel reassured of my decision to buy it!
Old 25th November 2005, 12:25   #18
BHPian

Good and balanced review.
Old 25th November 2005, 18:38   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthiltg
That was true sometime ago, the salesman who initally went ga..ga.. over Swift in the month of June chose to flip over and crib abt the car in the month of Sept when I was pressing him for the delivery.
Now that the waiting period is reduced, the salesman will say that the Swift's FE figures will be around 15

Trust me guys, the last person you should rely on while thinking about FE figures, is the sales people.

Sorry if this is off topic.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks