Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2008, 10:16   #16
BHPian

Warranty

For all those who are scared of buying Fords because of the reported cost of maintenance, here is some good news. Ford now offers an extended warranty for the fourth year-it cost me Rs. 4680. I had received a free extended warranty for two years, which covered me till now.
I had also purchased a "Total Maintenance Plan" which in Ford-speak covers everything except petrol and tyres (and accident work!), which lasted me for the first two years and cost approximately Rs. 10000. I would recommend that anyone going in for any vehicle get these covers.
Old 14th May 2008, 20:52   #17
BHPian

@srini09,

Did you consider SX4? What was your reasoning to go for Fusion?
Old 15th May 2008, 11:25   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
@srini09,

Did you consider SX4? What was your reasoning to go for Fusion?
Hi Glass,

I was on the lookout for a diesel car in the first place. So sx4 was a straight no. But that said, when one does the comparisons, cars like SX4 don't get missed out. It is a very good package for the price backed by a strong A.S.S network. Fusion IMHO is an equally good car. Strongly built and fit for the highways, it's a pleasure to drive around.

There are few things about the Fusion that are really good and exclusivity (for whatever reason) is one among them. It's a very nice feeling to own a thoroughly good car, comfortable in the knowledge that only a rare species of men own it .

Anyways, here are the plus factors that I fell for

1. A misplaced positioning. Urban activity vehicle is a thorough misnomer, but that said, the car is styled differently. Mattered to me.
2. High ground clearance and a vantage driving position.
3. Diesel was reported to be very fuel efficient. Found it to be true from a close friend of mine.
4. Amazingly spacious for a car this size. The rear leg-space can make certain luxury cars look really cheap.
5. The car's engine performance is good enough for my kind of driving. The gearbox is notchy and the transmission is excellent. Nice car to drive on highways and in the city.
6. A childhood friend of mine was working in Ford. He not only gave me the thumbsup but also got me an attractive discount.

In the end, it was more a decision with my heart than anything else. No regrets so far. The only other car I seriously considered was the Verna but point no 1 above and the exclusivity factor made me go for the Fusion.

The car incidentally is doing excellent. Have clocked the first 1000 kms and the engine seems to be shaping up brilliantly. Through the gear acceleration is really good and cruising at 130 km/hr is literally that, cruising. Car really handles well at high speeds. Have to take it out more on the highways.

Do pm me if you have any specific questions.

Srini
Old 15th May 2008, 12:46   #19
BHPian

Great Srini, thank you.

Have you formed an opinion on the so-called bumpy low speed ride?
Old 16th May 2008, 13:40   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
Great Srini, thank you.

Have you formed an opinion on the so-called bumpy low speed ride?
That's basically BS. The car doesn't like slow speeds, that's a fact. The clutch is a little hard and does push back, but it isn't a pain and you do get used to it.

One suggestion though, go for Nitrogen air filling of tyres. It makes a big big difference in ride quality.

Srini

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks