Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2010, 15:26   #1

3 years with my Aveo UVA

Hi Everyone this is my second post after my initial experience at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-aveo-uva.html. Here we go with the long term review of my Aveo UVA.

The car was bought at August 2007. Till now it has been clocked 20500 kms.
The car had alots of good thing for it, to start with the interior

1.It has lots of space.
2.Cabin gives you an airy feel
3.It has good legroom in front and rear
4.Getting in and out is easy.
5.Driving position is very comfortable with adquate thigh and back support.
6.Switches and other controls are of good quality and feels solid.
7.Interior is bit boring with the dull and grey plastics.
8.Air-con is the best part, it cools the cabin quickly even in hot days in Chennai.
9.Boot is pretty small. It can take only 2 big suitcases and some travel bags thats about it.
10.Build quality is good

now with the engine/ride/handling
1.Start the engine, it feels pretty refined. It is very responsive and is easy to drive in city. Once it crosses the 2500 rpm, engine feels coarse and rough. Max i did it in my car was 120, after this the engine noise was more and felt strained.
2.City Mileage in an average 10+ with A/C and Highway mileage in an average is 17+ with A/C.
3.Ride is good, but the suspension makes a thud noise when ever it goes through a pot hole and it is very irritating.
4.Stock goodyear tyres are very bad, alots of tyre noise. Am planning to change it after another 5000 kms.
5.Gearbox still notchy, lifeless and still it is difficult to engage reverse gear, others are OKIE.

problems faced
1.Rattles from dashboard and front driver door at 12000 kms, reported it and fixed in Sundaram Motors chennai, after that it never surfaced.
2.Brakes got jammed, i was told to change the brake shoe and did it in KLN motors.
3.Autocop stopped working, replaced in warrenty
4.A/C blower was changed at warrenty
5.There was a huge noise in A/C, Sundaram motors advised me to do a A/C cleaning, they charged me 600 rs and after that noise vanished.
6.Sundaram motors scratched rear bumper (was around 10 cms) and it was painted by them.
7.A stray dog bit my left fender(wheel arc) and there are around 6 to 8 teeth marks. Sundaram motors quoted me 4500 rs and i felt it is on the expensive side, so i have not done it.

Other than above this i have not faced any issue.

servicing
Sundaram motors: I always find grease mark and other stains in dashboard, doors and in seats when ever i get my car after servicing it. I need to insist them to clean it. I have done 3M polishing and interior cleaning once , but i dont feel it is worth there and there is not much visible output. For interior cleaning they charge around 1000 rs. Sundaram motors is better than KLN motors in my experience. Sundaram Motors always take a note my concerns properly, do a test drive with me after the car is serviced and explain me each and everything that is done as part of the service, But the downside we have wait the took leave and take delivery minimum for an hour.

I would loved to have bit more power and as said am extremly satisfied with the car.

Am attaching few pictures, took from my mobile yesterday
3 years with my Aveo UVA-photo0012.jpg

3 years with my Aveo UVA-photo0014.jpg

3 years with my Aveo UVA-photo0034.jpg

3 years with my Aveo UVA-photo0016.jpg

3 years with my Aveo UVA-photo0022.jpg

3 years with my Aveo UVA-photo0023.jpg

3 years with my Aveo UVA-photo0030.jpg

3 years with my Aveo UVA-photo0035.jpg

3 years with my Aveo UVA-photo0032.jpg

3 years with my Aveo UVA-photo0036.jpg
Old 13th September 2010, 00:12   #2
BHPian

Good Review, Kumar.

I think U-VA is very competant and good looking, but somehow ignored car. Probably, it is because GM was not so familier name before Spark success. Also, GM should have used their diesel engine jointly developed with Fiat. Not sure why GM taking such a long time to come up with diesel engine.

I was about to buy UVA, but because of tight money situation, I ended up buying Spark. One disppointment I had in UVA was its interiors. Even Spark interiors look better than UVA.

If you are not satisfied about tyres, why wait for another 5 years? You can change it now to good micheline or Conti. It will make good difference in road noise. It will also improve high speed behaviour. If you change it now, you will get few hundred as buy back to your existing tyres. Lateron, you will get nothing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks