Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2012, 08:08   #136
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Indica DLX - 150,000 kms & beyond

@Autoindian - Good to see the progress being made on the repairs. But cannot stop commenting that it pains to see the car in such a shape in the garage. I for one would prefer to see the car only after all the work is done. But i know that would would not be proper and one has to visit the garage to keep a tab on the mechanics to ensure that they are doing a good job.
Old 3rd June 2012, 13:10   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
@Autoindian - Good to see the progress being made on the repairs. But cannot stop commenting that it pains to see the car in such a shape in the garage. I for one would prefer to see the car only after all the work is done. But i know that would would not be proper and one has to visit the garage to keep a tab on the mechanics to ensure that they are doing a good job.
Hi Amit, I understand what you are trying to say, but I am one of those who would give more importance to how's the food prepared in the kitchen of a hotel rather than how it is served on the platter. The circumstances were such that my car had to undergo this surgery, but I have full confidence in the mechanics handling my car & I am sure they would hand it over to me in pristine condition, it's just a matter of few days. Visiting the garage not just helps keep a tab on the job progress, but impresses upon the mechanics that this person really cares for his car & they get motivated to do a wonderful job
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 14:55   #138
Senior - BHPian

I went to the garage today morning while coming to office. Both the doors have been painted & polishing was going on. Have take some pictures, but forgot the camera cable, hence cannot share them (sorry about that). The doors are likely to be ready with the window glass & central locking fitment by today evening. Hopefully by tomorrow the car should be given a thorough wash & interior vacuuming done before being handed over to me (fingers crossed). I am expecting the total charges in the range of 10K (3K already spent on front door).
Old 4th June 2012, 21:07   #139
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from Sandeep (Garage owner) today evening. He said that the LHS rear window winder assembly had broken & the rope cannot wind, needs to be replaced. He said that he could not go to the market today to procure the winder assly & will be sourcing it tomorrow. He said the car would be ready tomorrow evening. In any case will pay a visit to the garage tomorrow morning. If not on Tuesday, then I will collect my car on Wednesday.
Old 5th June 2012, 10:49   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Both the doors have been painted & polishing was going on. Have take some pictures, but forgot the camera cable, hence cannot share them (sorry about that).
Uploading the pictures taken yesterday:

Front door shining after polishing
Tata Indica DLX - 150,000 kms & beyond-front-door-shining-after-polishing.jpg

Rear Door being polished-buffed
Tata Indica DLX - 150,000 kms & beyond-rear-door-being-polishedbuffed.jpg
Old 5th June 2012, 13:29   #141
Senior - BHPian

Today morning again paid a visit to the garage. Painting job was done yesterday itself & car washed & vacuumed was standing in the sun. Paint job as expected has been fantastic. The rear LHS winder is still to be replaced. Also the side strip is to be fitted. Expecting the remaining work to be completed by today evening.

Rear left side of the car
Tata Indica DLX - 150,000 kms & beyond-rear-left-side-car.jpg

Left side centre of the car
Tata Indica DLX - 150,000 kms & beyond-left-side-centre-car.jpg

Left side front of the car
Tata Indica DLX - 150,000 kms & beyond-left-side-front-car.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 15:44   #142
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

Picked up the car finally today from the garage. The paint job has come out well. The charges are as follows:

Denting & Painting (Material & Labour) - Front door = 3,250.00
Denting & Painting (Material & Labour) - Rear Door = 3,250.00
LHS Front door (used car) = 3,000.00
LHS rear window winder = 750.00
Black radium paint (both doors near B pillar) = 100.00
Discount = -50.00
Washing & interior vacuuming = 0.00

Grand total = 10,300.00

Will be taking some good pictures over the week end & sharing with the team
Old 6th June 2012, 20:00   #143
Senior - BHPian

@Autoindian - Congrats. Job appears to be well done and finally you have the car back.

Were they able to match the paint shade exactly to the original color? I wonder how the guys achieve that?

Also a discount of Rs.50???
Old 6th June 2012, 20:32   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Autoindian - Congrats. Job appears to be well done and finally you have the car back.
Yes, that is the most important thing for me, car is now back on road. They have indeed done a good job. Will try to click some pictures in broad daylight.

Quote:
Were they able to match the paint shade exactly to the original color? I wonder how the guys achieve that?
This guy takes the fuel tank lid to the colour shop. The guys over there are experts in matching colours & they do some mix & match with the tints & arrive at the final shade. It requires great skill.

Quote:
Also a discount of Rs.50???
"Chor nahitar, chorachi langoti"
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 11:33   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will be taking some good pictures over the week end & sharing with the team
Got a chance to take pictures today morning, sharing the same over here. Please let me know how the paint job has come out.

Tata Indica DLX - 150,000 kms & beyond-07june-001.jpg

Tata Indica DLX - 150,000 kms & beyond-07june-002.jpg

Tata Indica DLX - 150,000 kms & beyond-07june-003.jpg

Tata Indica DLX - 150,000 kms & beyond-07june-004.jpg

Tata Indica DLX - 150,000 kms & beyond-07june-006.jpg

Tata Indica DLX - 150,000 kms & beyond-07june-007.jpg

Tata Indica DLX - 150,000 kms & beyond-07june-008.jpg

Tata Indica DLX - 150,000 kms & beyond-07june-009.jpg

Tata Indica DLX - 150,000 kms & beyond-07june-011.jpg

Tata Indica DLX - 150,000 kms & beyond-07june-012.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 11:46   #146
Senior - BHPian

good to see your car back in shape!
One question though, why doesn't the black colour in the B pillar come down till the base of it (till the level of the beading)? the discontinuity there looks a bit off. I had mine done till the base.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 11:55   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got a chance to take pictures today morning, sharing the same over here. Please let me know how the paint job has come out.
The vehicle looks in tip top shape. Your garage-wala and his team seem to be a very competent bunch!

Is this the same garage which you have listed here?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...ar-garage.html

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 12:28   #148
BHPian

Hi AutoIndian,

Really impressed with the job that has been done to restore your car. paint finish looks amazing in sunlight .

Pls let us know the garage name and location details , if possible.

My Indica also suffered a LHS rear door damage ( major almost a 1 ft dia damage , deep dent and paint scraped off ) when i hit a pillar while reversing in a tight and dark spot ..and partially because of my carelessness. Fearing that if i dont get tis done now , it might lead to rusting in the rainy season.

If things are reasonable in terms of cost and time to repair, I can check with the same garage as yours on this.

Last to your care towards this humble Indica workhorse which is mostly ridiculed by the 'educated' class.
Amazing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 13:37   #149
Senior - BHPian

Guys, thank you very much for your compliments & kind words, really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
good to see your car back in shape! One question though, why doesn't the black colour in the B pillar come down till the base of it (till the level of the beading)? the discontinuity there looks a bit off. I had mine done till the base.
I must admit you have a very keen eye for the details greenhorn, even I did not notice it. That black radium paint should have been extended till the level of the window sills, beading in order to get that continuity, you are right. WIll get it done in the next visit to garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
The vehicle looks in tip top shape. Your garage-wala and his team seem to be a very competent bunch!

Is this the same garage which you have listed here?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...ar-garage.html
No Vikram, this is a differnt garage, Sai Car Care on new Pune Airport road (the one that starts from Ramwadi Octroi post on Nagar Rd). Actually this garage has been set up just 4 months ago, he has his old set up in Wadgaon Sheri. Venus Auto in the link above is the place from where I got my 100K & 110K services done, that garage too is very competant, but for the denting/painting jobs I prefer Sai Car care (I guess this is my 4 or 5th time I have done the denting/painting job from him, actually I have lost the count ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Hi AutoIndian,Really impressed with the job that has been done to restore your car. paint finish looks amazing in sunlight . Pls let us know the garage name and location details , if possible.
Thanks for your compliments Amazing, I have listed above the address. The owner's name is Sandeep Wagh, his contact number - 9371007237. You can give him my reference, Deepak Umrankar, Blue Indica.

Quote:
My Indica also suffered a LHS rear door damage ( major almost a 1 ft dia damage , deep dent and paint scraped off ) when i hit a pillar while reversing in a tight and dark spot ..and partially because of my carelessness. Fearing that if i dont get tis done now , it might lead to rusting in the rainy season. If things are reasonable in terms of cost and time to repair, I can check with the same garage as yours on this.
Sorry to know @ your damages. You can show him you car & he will give you the estimate & time required.

Quote:
Last to your care towards this humble Indica workhorse which is mostly ridiculed by the 'educated' class.
I have a simple principle, "If you take proper care of her, she will never let you down & reciprocate the care & love". This applies to car, bike & bike-o (better half)
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 15:56   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car looks in tip top shape. Can hardly make out that it had a major operation. Kudos to your garage folks.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed