Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2011, 10:12   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Indica DLX - 150,000 kms & beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Hi AutoIndian,

For the benefit of other users, can you please post a review of this garage in the Directory section ?

TIA
Thanks for your suggestion Eddy. I was not aware of this Directory Section. Anyways I have created a new thread over there (link below) for the benefit of other members. Please go through it & do let me know if it is fine

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...ml#post2546664
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2011, 14:13   #77
Senior - BHPian

Now that I have driven @ 50kms after the service, want to share a couple of obsevations:
1. Earlier there was a typical grinding noise coming from the engine while at idling (probably some of the idlers or tensioner's bearing had given away). Could hear this only on giving a keen ear near the bonnet. Now this sound seems to have vanished. This could have been coming from the timing belt idler as that was the only moving part replaced along with 3 belts.
2. Firing tone has changed slightly & now it sounds better, engine has become smooth, which was expected after engine oil & gear box oil change.
3. Earlier while accelerating engine used to hesitate around 2K rpm (as if it was missing to fire). Now it accelerates smoothly upto 2.5K rpm without any hiccups, haven't gone beyond that. This could be attributed to the dirty air filter or clogged fuel filter. Both were changed at this service. I have now decided to replace both the fuel filters at the 10K service (when only the primary replacement is recommended), also replace the air filter at 20K (insted of the recommended 40K) & within those 20K, clean the filter at every 3K intervals.
4. Now the car feels easy to drive with AC ON, earlier it used to struggle a bit.
Old 17th October 2011, 14:54   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Now that I have driven @ 50kms after the service, want to share a couple of obsevations:
1. Earlier there was a typical grinding noise coming from the engine while at idling (probably some of the idlers or tensioner's bearing had given away). Could hear this only on giving a keen ear near the bonnet. Now this sound seems to have vanished. This could have been coming from the timing belt idler as that was the only moving part replaced along with 3 belts.
2. Firing tone has changed slightly & now it sounds better, engine has become smooth, which was expected after engine oil & gear box oil change.
3. Earlier while accelerating engine used to hesitate around 2K rpm (as if it was missing to fire). Now it accelerates smoothly upto 2.5K rpm without any hiccups, haven't gone beyond that. This could be attributed to the dirty air filter or clogged fuel filter. Both were changed at this service. I have now decided to replace both the fuel filters at the 10K service (when only the primary replacement is recommended), also replace the air filter at 20K (insted of the recommended 40K) & within those 20K, clean the filter at every 3K intervals.
4. Now the car feels easy to drive with AC ON, earlier it used to struggle a bit.
Autoindian, thanks for these very comprehensive inputs abpout service in Venus Auto. I have spoken to Harish and will do my 35K service , most probably there.
btw, I have also got a set of discounted coupons from Mahindra Fist Choice Service [ Bavdhan, on NH4] , where also i have tentatively booked a slot. Pls can you let us know if any of you have any experience from the Mahindra Choice service ...faclity wise they do look good.

Pls share asap your valueable experience if any.
Old 17th October 2011, 15:42   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Autoindian, thanks for these very comprehensive inputs abpout service in Venus Auto. I have spoken to Harish and will do my 35K service , most probably there.
My pleasure. Harish is a very good guy. What I liked most about him was theat there is no tendency at all to rip the customer (for which are the authorized service centres are very infamous for). He checks all parts thoroughly & clearly explains which need replacement. In my case the mechanic, Bharat on removal of the timing belt checked for coolant pump & felt that there was some play in it. Harish checked & concurred with his mechanic. He asked me if I wanted to replace it, it would approximately cost Rs 1100/-. He said it is better to replace now, because if later it malfunctions, then the whole timing belt assly has to be removed again, which is very cumbersome. I agreed & the mechanic dismantled the pump. Harish then inspected it for rotation & play & concluded that this pump can work for some more time (didn't quantify though), hence no need for replacement. However this meant Rs 1100/- saved for me.

Quote:
Autoindianbtw, I have also got a set of discounted coupons from Mahindra Fist Choice Service [ Bavdhan, on NH4] , where also i have tentatively booked a slot. Pls can you let us know if any of you have any experience from the Mahindra Choice service ...faclity wise they do look good.

Pls share asap your valueable experience if any.
Unfortunately I don't have any experience of Mahindra First Choice service. If they allow you to be with your car when it is being worked upon then you can see it for yourself. Venus allows you to accompany your car while it is being serviced. He also gives you the leeway of getting your own spares or buying it from him & he does stock genuine spares. If they are duplicate he informs you in advance.
Old 17th October 2011, 15:56   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Venus allows you to accompany your car while it is being serviced. He also gives you the leeway of getting your own spares or buying it from him & he does stock genuine spares. If they are duplicate he informs you in advance.
Thats really nice. When I told Harish that I will be getting the engine oil Delvac MX etc he was OK.
Also, just need to know from you whether I should get the following spares myself or allow him to use his own stock in my Indica Turbo DLX ( provided they are 100% genuine).

-Front Brake pads ( TVS Glg)
-Oil Filter
-Fuel Filter ( are there 2 nos or 1 no )
-Brake oil

Does he have facility for flushing out coolant , suspension thorough check and head lamp focussing knowhow?

Also, need your comment whether I need to get the catcon cleaned at this stage 35k ? Is it needed I mean ? My mileage has dropped from average 18 to 15 now ( last service was at 27K in dealers)
Old 17th October 2011, 16:48   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats really nice. When I told Harish that I will be getting the engine oil Delvac MX etc he was OK.
Also, just need to know from you whether I should get the following spares myself or allow him to use his own stock in my Indica Turbo DLX ( provided they are 100% genuine).

-Front Brake pads ( TVS Glg)
-Oil Filter
-Fuel Filter ( are there 2 nos or 1 no )
-Brake oil
I would recommend get the spares yourself from outside, preferably from Pandit Auto, Bhosari, I got mine from there. The ones which you don't get from outside you can always ask Harish to supply.

Quote:
Does he have facility for flushing out coolant , suspension thorough check and head lamp focussing knowhow?
If you simply mean draining the old one & replacing with new, then yes he can do it. If you want to do the radiator flushing (refer message #8 in my thread --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2115296 then you will have to get the necessary flushing agent & guide him how to do it. He can very well check the suspension, checked mine & gave a green signal. Head lamp focusing can only be done when it is dark. This was on my agenda, but could not get it done as I had to leave the garage at 06:00pm

Quote:
Also, need your comment whether I need to get the catcon cleaned at this stage 35k ? Is it needed I mean ? My mileage has dropped from average 18 to 15 now ( last service was at 27K in dealers)
In my opinion catcon cleaning is not required at this stage 35k, I did mine @ 70K kms. The major reason for your dropped mileage could be a clogged air filter. Replace it & you would be able to find a difference
Old 17th October 2011, 17:22   #82
BHPian

Quote:
I would recommend get the spares yourself from outside, preferably from Pandit Auto, Bhosari, I got mine from there. The ones which you don't get from outside you can always ask Harish to supply.
He can very well check the suspension, checked mine & gave a green signal.

The major reason for your dropped mileage could be a clogged air filter. Replace it & you would be able to find a difference
I will get these spares from Pandit Auto, Bhosari/ Akurdi.

Air filter I had replaced with a new one in July 2011 from Pandit Auto :-(.
What else can be the possible reason for mileage drop , may be the rainy season extra brakings ?
Old 17th October 2011, 17:35   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will get these spares from Pandit Auto, Bhosari/ Akurdi.

Air filter I had replaced with a new one in July 2011 from Pandit Auto :-(.
What else can be the possible reason for mileage drop , may be the rainy season extra brakings ?
It would be of no use going to Pandit Auto, Akurdi. I had gone there to purchase the timing belt & other parts, but was diverted to their Bhosari workshop stating that Akurdi centre caters for the cars being serviced there & not for outright purchase of spares.

When did you last replaced your fuel filter?
Old 17th October 2011, 17:44   #84
BHPian

Quote:
When did you last replaced your fuel filter?
Think at last service at 27K in Pandit Auto. If not then at 22K service, dont remember exactly.

I feel somehow like the fuel line is not clear , since last 2-3 months.

Anyways, will get it replaced also in the next service. Are there 1 or 2 fuel filters ?
Old 17th October 2011, 18:03   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Think at last service at 27K in Pandit Auto. If not then at 22K service, dont remember exactly.

I feel somehow like the fuel line is not clear , since last 2-3 months.

Anyways, will get it replaced also in the next service. Are there 1 or 2 fuel filters ?
Get both the fuel filter elements replaced without fail. New filters make a lot of difference. As I mentioned earlier I was getting kind of minor jerk (or misfiring) while accelerating earlier (probably due to the dirt accumulated in the fuel filters). Now with the new filters the acceleration is butter smooth. Ask for 2 Lucas Delphi fuel filter elements (each one costs Rs 135/-). You also get a cheaper one called Elofic, but I prefer the Delphi ones
Old 17th October 2011, 18:18   #86
BHPian

Thanks AutoIndian.

- Will i get these Delphi FF in Bhosaro Pandit Auto ?
- Will I get TVS brake pads in Bhosaro Pandit Auto ?
- Do I need to bother about rear brake lining at 35 K ?

- since the DLX has R14 tyres, is the brake pad size for front same as other R13 indicas ? I mean one size for all Indicas ?( Vista is diff I know)

- Which make is the Oil Filter?

Sorry for troubling you but your responses are quite helpful.
Old 17th October 2011, 19:31   #87
Senior - BHPian

Please find my comments in bold

Quote:
Thanks AutoIndian.

- Will i get these Delphi FF in Bhosaro Pandit Auto ? - Yes, however I sourced it from Lucas TVS (Satish Auto) in KSB Pump chowk
- Will I get TVS brake pads in Bhosaro Pandit Auto ? - Yes
- Do I need to bother about rear brake lining at 35 K ? - Not at all, I am still on my original rear brake lining beyond 100K. However I would suggest you get them inspected & when the rear brake drum is opened get the rear wheel hub greasing done, this is a must to prolong the rear wheel bearing life

- since the DLX has R14 tyres, is the brake pad size for front same as other R13 indicas ? I mean one size for all Indicas ?( Vista is diff I know) - I am not sure about this, but you can get it confirmed from Pandit Auto

- Which make is the Oil Filter? - Purolator

Sorry for troubling you but your responses are quite helpful. - No issues, so long I have some bandwidth I can reply to your queries
Old 20th October 2011, 12:48   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Please find my comments in bold
Finally got my DLX Turbo serviced from Millenium Mobility workshop in Dapodi.

Venus Auto - guys did not respond to my calls so lost trust in them. Secondly my car has got Bosch KBX brake pads [ TML dealer price 1603/-, outside 1550/- for a set of 4] . Ramesh asked for 1850 ( showed me a pkt with price removed). All these small stuff has forced me to move out of this garage. Also i observed that he is attending to mostly old cars/ cabs and chaotic opeartion. Also only 1 ram in his control.

Millenium Mobility - Has got a bay for 34 cars , with 28 Rams. Huge facility with good set of tools, allowed me to stand beside the car all thru. Liked it and the car is ok after service.

Now a few questions for he experts here:

- They have reduced my cold idling rpm from 900 to 750 now. So, there is lot of vibration now in starting/ idling. What should be the cold idling rpm ideally ? But when the op temp is reached, the idling rpm goes to 850 , not more. Eralirt it used to be around 1000.

- After opening Front brakes, they said OE brake is still OK after 35K/ 4 years and may last for another 30K. Thickness has reduced I am confused here. They did some vacuum booster (?) pipe change etc and braking has improved but NOT to my satisfaction. Any views ? Should I insist on changing the pads ( I have bought myself a set of KBX pads yesterday evening)

- TVS pads set of 4 costs 800/-, whereas KBX costs 1625/- Any reason you know ? Are these KBX Bosch supposed to last double the period ?

- Do brake pad life deteriorate with time? Current FR ones in my car are 4 yrs/35K ...time to change in any case ?
Old 20th October 2011, 19:18   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally got my DLX Turbo serviced from Millenium Mobility workshop in Dapodi.

Venus Auto - guys did not respond to my calls so lost trust in them. Secondly my car has got Bosch KBX brake pads [ TML dealer price 1603/-, outside 1550/- for a set of 4] . Ramesh asked for 1850 ( showed me a pkt with price removed). All these small stuff has forced me to move out of this garage. Also i observed that he is attending to mostly old cars/ cabs and chaotic opeartion. Also only 1 ram in his control.
It is unfortunate that you didn't get good response from Venus. I had exactly the opposite experience. I dealt with the other proprietor Mr Harish, probably that could be the reason. Yes I do agree that the cars which come there for servicing are mostly old cars/ cabs. But these come there for a reason, good workmanship & comparatively lower labor charges.

Quote:
Millenium Mobility - Has got a bay for 34 cars , with 28 Rams. Huge facility with good set of tools, allowed me to stand beside the car all thru. Liked it and the car is ok after service.
If Millenium Mobility allowed you to witness your car's servicing then thats a good indicator that they are being quite transparent.

Quote:
Now a few questions for he experts here:

- They have reduced my cold idling rpm from 900 to 750 now. So, there is lot of vibration now in starting/ idling. What should be the cold idling rpm ideally ? But when the op temp is reached, the idling rpm goes to 850 , not more. Eralirt it used to be around 1000.
Though I am not an expert I would like to note that the ideal idling rpm is @ 850 & when the AC is switched on it hovers around 1000

Quote:
- After opening Front brakes, they said OE brake is still OK after 35K/ 4 years and may last for another 30K. Thickness has reduced I am confused here. They did some vacuum booster (?) pipe change etc and braking has improved but NOT to my satisfaction. Any views ? Should I insist on changing the pads ( I have bought myself a set of KBX pads yesterday evening)
What was the thickness of the brake pads? If it was less than 10mm, then replace, else continue using the same.

Quote:
- TVS pads set of 4 costs 800/-, whereas KBX costs 1625/- Any reason you know ? Are these KBX Bosch supposed to last double the period ?

- Do brake pad life deteriorate with time? Current FR ones in my car are 4 yrs/35K ...time to change in any case ?
No brake pad life does not deteriorate with time. Only with constant use (ie constant braking it would reduce very fast).
Old 22nd October 2011, 00:03   #90
BHPian

- today all 4 fr brake pads replaced with kbx pads (original thickness now 11 mm). the old ones are now just 7 mm ..so 4mm rubbed off in 4 years.

- idle rpm adjusted to 875 . Still feel low , i think 950 in better.

- HEADLIGHTS - I am facing a problem here. Actually I changed the OE philips bulbs with philips XV bulb a week back, and the access shop guy increased the level , dont know why.
observed in night that , the high beam is completely off the road and pointing to trees.
So, during servicing in millenium mobility , asked them to correctly level it.

Dont know whats their process, the guy turned so many screws anf finally the beams are to close to the car ..i mean high beam is within 30m..that close.

Again took today to them, they did same circus with the headlights ...and now it has worsened. the beams are scattered , focus disturbed .....the headlight system in mess.

Guys, pls can you let me know who can get this done correctly thru some machine chk/ tools . i am tired of these dealers jokerish attutude and messing up with such stuff.

pls suggest asap, will be leaving for long drive on tuesday early morning.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks