Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2012, 17:31   #556
Senior - BHPian

Re: Feeling at home in Kumaon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
So when is the TL going to be live?

That picture is amazing, makes me want to go there, but i know i cant as of now, but someday surely will. Please upload more pictures. I see lovely mountains and jungles, which makes is even more desirable, the place you stayed (the forest rest house) it open for public?
[quote=karan561;2968657]Great wanderings indeed

Thanks Mayank. Eastern Kumaon is a great place, especially during late autumn - when the peaks are out in all their glory - and during full moon time (someone made sure that the visit coincided with full moon).

The FRH (Sitabani) is open to public.

Tons of photos there, but have been too busy with work.Will start the travelogue soon.

Quote:
You summed the entire story of the Fortuner in these lines
Thanks Karan. The vehicle has been serving faithfully, and is ideal for my kind of trips and lifestyle. Irrespective of what many critics of the Fortuner say
Old 21st November 2012, 20:18   #557
Senior - BHPian

re: Soldier of Fortune: Wanderings with a Trusty Toyota Fortuner - 80000 km update

One photo for the mountain lovers. The Fortuner took me to places - onroad and offroad - from where it was possible to click such photos of sunsets and sunrises.

One of the peaks of Panchachuli...

Soldier of Fortune: Wanderings with a Trusty Toyota Fortuner - 150,000 kms up!-dsc_0592.jpg
nilanjanray is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 13:46   #558
BHPian

re: Soldier of Fortune: Wanderings with a Trusty Toyota Fortuner - 80000 km update

Really looking forward to your TL Nilanjan. I know ill be kicking myself for not being able to join. But as you know the circumstances were unavoidable. Sadly it did not end well.

Looks like i have to life life through another one of your lovely TL's and thats not half bad either
Old 22nd November 2012, 20:41   #559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Really looking forward to your TL Nilanjan. I know ill be kicking myself for not being able to join. But as you know the circumstances were unavoidable. Sadly it did not end well.
Yeah, it would have been great if you had been able to join, but you couldn't help it. I remember calling you while in Noida and in Moradabad - stuck in the maddening UP traffic

Travelogue will take a little bit of time, too busy with work. And lots of photos to process.

Are you planning to move back to the Dunlops?

P.S. Folks, excuse for the old watermark in the Panchachuli photo...forgot to edit the Picasa watermark copy (after my previous long drive/bulk photo trip) when I was exporting. Someone asked me whether Tadoba is a great place for viewing Himalayan peaks. I said yes - one has a 300km panorama of the Himalayas.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 22nd November 2012 at 20:44.
Old 29th November 2012, 10:48   #560
BHPian

Service center for Fortuner in Bangalore ?

Hi Nilanjan,

Whom do you recommend as a best service provider for servicing the Fortuner in Bangalore ?

I have bought mine from Viva Toyota and i have been servicing with them but some of their indiscretions like the Tyre issue and couple of other issues has left me in a doubt. Another thing is that they are pretty far away from my place (i' am in the west and they are near airport). I was wondering who else could be better. I hear Ravindu is bad and Nandi on Nandurg road is also not so good....
Old 29th November 2012, 18:35   #561
Senior - BHPian

Re: Service center for Fortuner in Bangalore ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaji View Post
Hi Nilanjan,

Whom do you recommend as a best service provider for servicing the Fortuner in Bangalore ?

I have bought mine from Viva Toyota and i have been servicing with them but some of their indiscretions like the Tyre issue and couple of other issues has left me in a doubt. Another thing is that they are pretty far away from my place (i' am in the west and they are near airport). I was wondering who else could be better. I hear Ravindu is bad and Nandi on Nandurg road is also not so good....
I have tried with Nandi on Hosur Road, now I have shifted to Nandi on Kanakpura Road. Slightly better.

I posted about your HL mode driving in Guderian's thread. That was criminal lack of knowledge on the dealer's and ASC's part, and if I may say so, a serious oversight on your part (not doing research or manual reading).

Anyway, please change your ASC asap - and don't go to the dealer ASC either. You should escalate to Toyota about this.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 20:54   #562
Senior - BHPian

Fortuner the most reliable SUV as per the JD Power Study

As per this article on Economic Times, Fortuner seems to be the SUV with the least number of complaints. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/17429390.cms

Well, I have had a few, but overall I have developed significant trust in this vehicle.
nilanjanray is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 10:15   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
I have tried with Nandi on Hosur Road, now I have shifted to Nandi on Kanakpura Road. Slightly better.

I posted about your HL mode driving in Guderian's thread. That was criminal lack of knowledge on the dealer's and ASC's part, and if I may say so, a serious oversight on your part (not doing research or manual reading).

Anyway, please change your ASC asap - and don't go to the dealer ASC either. You should escalate to Toyota about this.
Thanks for your inputs on HL mode. I' am trying to escalate this with Toyota but it feels as if I' am hitting a dead end as they again put me back to the dealer (one or the other) and going by our experience with Ravindu (we have an Innova which has been serviced there) I dont think they can resolve this issue other than justifying what they have already stated on this issue.

Regarding the oversight from my end, I did read the manual and i have asked this question with the ASC chaps (the service coordinator) every time i have gone for service and everytime they insist that HL is the default mode for Bangalore ! Only this time i thought i should pose that question over here...

The joke is that even the other dealer technical help line (to whom Toyota directed me to) states that HL is the default mode and when i said that manual says otherwise, he said i should speak to his chief technician. I spoke to that guy just now and finally this guy said it should be in "H" mode and the position for lever is at the dead end at the rear side. Now i have to see how to handle my ASC on this and how to get the damage (if any to the transmission) repaired.
Old 3rd December 2012, 13:20   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaji View Post
I spoke to that guy just now and finally this guy said it should be in "H" mode and the position for lever is at the dead end at the rear side. Now i have to see how to handle my ASC on this and how to get the damage (if any to the transmission) repaired.
Thank God finally sensible response has emerged. But this is simply unbelievable and shows how little of SUVs and the 4X4 systems even the ASCs know about. And one can imagine that if something were to go wrong with the system/s what would be done by the grease monkeys.
Is it a suprise that these chaps have no idea at all about greasing the propeller shaft every 10K KMs and worse don't even know where the greasing nipples are !
Only way out is:
1. The realisation that you and only you are responsible for your beloved steed. Don't expect anyone to take responsibility for it even under warranty.
2. Read the Owner's Manual clearly. Understand all there is to it.
3. Ensure your presence when the vehicle is being serviced on the shop floor (fight for your presence there if it so merits) and see that all things that are required to be done are done.
4. Post Qs on forums like this and talk to owners directly to get some understanding of the vehicle if you are in doubt.
5. Shall send a PM to all T-Fort owners here on an idea I have to sort such issues.
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 14:20   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
5. Shall send a PM to all T-Fort owners here on an idea I have to sort such issues.
Please include me in your list for this. Thanks.
Old 19th April 2013, 09:20   #566
Senior - BHPian

50000 KM update

It has been slow going recently - took a while to make the half century.

The vehicle is running fine, minor squeaks come (from seats and dashboards) when I go over very rough terrain. Not that surprised, since my vehicle goes on rough terrain a lot, and is treated like a sheepdog that stays outside in the snow instead of a poodle hanging around within the house and getting pampered. However, the squeaks vanish on normal roads. Will see if they can be sorted out when I go for the service. The minor 'kaat' noise - when braking while reversing - has come back, but that should get sorted out easily.

X-posting a couple of photos from a recent trip. Did some offroading while I was there. Started experimenting with B&W photography, so no colours .

Soldier of Fortune: Wanderings with a Trusty Toyota Fortuner - 150,000 kms up!-machaan.jpeg

Soldier of Fortune: Wanderings with a Trusty Toyota Fortuner - 150,000 kms up!-meadow.jpeg
nilanjanray is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 12:32   #567
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 50000 KM update

Great pics there

Is it at Mudumalai national park ?

Quote:
The vehicle is running fine, minor squeaks come (from seats and dashboards) when I go over very rough terrain.
Im facing similar squeaking issue over bad/rough road patches.
Old 19th April 2013, 12:36   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Great pics there

Is it at Mudumalai national park ?

Im facing similar squeaking issue over bad/rough road patches.
This was at a reserve forest adjoining Mudumalai.

Yes, these are minor squeaks, but irritating at times. The ASCs are not very good at fixing these - whether Maruti or Toyota.
Old 19th April 2013, 17:09   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The minor 'kaat' noise - when braking while reversing - has come back, but that should get sorted out easily.
Hi Nilanjan,

Good pictures, though I would have loved a more close up of the first one.

But we all are learning, right?

Also, the 'kaat' noise, which surfaced in my earlier ride in India(Scoprio mHawk-vlx) was attributed to the "star bearing" problem. This sound used to come very feebly upon engaging the reverse gear or upon braking. Just wanted to share with you and the issue might be completely different for your ride.

Happy motoring!
Old 19th April 2013, 18:06   #570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. The vehicle is running fine, minor squeaks come (from seats and dashboards) when I go over very rough terrain.

2. The minor 'kaat' noise - when braking while reversing - has come back, but that should get sorted out easily.

3...and is treated like a sheepdog that stays outside in the snow instead of a poodle hanging around within the house and getting pampered.
1. For the minor squeaks from the seat - surfaces once in a while in Admiral - what I do is to release & fix the back rest (recliner) 3/4 times and run the seat for forward and backwards on the railing 3/4 times. That would sort out the squeaks from there, I guess. Also try and spray a little WD40 on the moving parts of the seat - at the joints - if you can separate the leather and on wheels on the railing under the seat. As far as the dashboard squeaks are concerned - press the faux wood inserts a wee bit and the squeaks should vanish from there as well for sometime at least.

2. That 'kaat' sound would be your break liners playing up again and requiring a little realignment like last time ?

3. I don't quite like the tone of that...you grinning & pointing a finger at someone ?!!

Nice snaps.
Congratulations on touching 50K.

Last edited by Guderian : 19th April 2013 at 18:12.
Guderian is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks