Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2012, 13:51   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham
Thankfully I am "satisfied" with the A.C. It does take a lot of time to cool the cabin but I travel alone most of the time. So I think it works for me. Regarding the seat rattling, the Service Center guys hammered the rails and didnt do much. I will keep my fingers crossed.
Pancham, has your car also started rattling? What have the Hyundai guys done to it.

Today I have left my car at service center to get the rattling issue resolved.will post the outcome once I get the car back evening
Old 14th April 2012, 14:23   #212
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyundai i20 1.2 Asta - A rattled up year of ownership- UPDATE: rack replaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Today I have left my car at service center to get the rattling issue resolved.will post the outcome once I get the car back evening
Sagar,
Just ask your service center guys what will happen to "addressing the rattle issue" once the warranty runs out. Will you be charged? I never got any response from Hyundai when I asked them the same question. Rodeo has already been advised that his warranty is over and may be he'll be charged for those useless fixes.
Old 14th April 2012, 18:13   #213
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyundai i20 1.2 Asta - A rattled up year of ownership- UPDATE: rack replaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
In my car, I can actually see the whole backrest vibrating. May be it has nothing to do with the railings.
Even I feel the headrest is the culprit. Anyway even my speakers have started to rattle now.

Quote:
Pancham, has your car also started rattling? What have the Hyundai guys done to it.

No thankfully the rattling hasn't yet started. My car has done 5200Kms. I dont drive on good roads either. I had previously mention about a clattering noise from the steering which the hyundai guys claimed as a petty issue. They got it rectified though.
P.S: They also mentioned that the clattering noise is not the rattling that has hit most of the vehicles.

Last edited by Pancham : 14th April 2012 at 18:22.
Old 16th April 2012, 21:29   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

UPDATE: Since changing the yoke pad and bush did not solve the problem, they will be replacing the steering rack.

Apparently,they would be using the rack from the new refreshed i20. They have placed an order and will call me once the part arrives.

Will update later
Old 16th April 2012, 23:45   #215
BANNED

Quote:
they would be using the rack from the new refreshed i20.
The old Part No is 565001J950

if its from the new i20 then the part number should be for 1.2 Kappa is 565001J010.
wildon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 08:17   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon

The old Part No is 565001J950

if its from the new i20 then the part number should be for 1.2 Kappa is 565001J010.
Any idea what is be the part number for the new diesel version? Because mine is diesel
Old 17th April 2012, 09:15   #217
BANNED

^^ The new part number for diesel is 565001J020
Old 17th April 2012, 09:22   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
^^ The new part number for diesel is 565001J020
Does it mean the steering rack(in terms of design) are different for the 1.2 Kappa MT, 1.4 CRDi MT and 1.4 Gamma AT i20s?

I know of a guy who had two i20s, a CRDi Asta and 1.4 AT Asta. While his CRDi was plagued with the steering rattle issue(till he sold it off), his 1.4 Gamma AT wasn't. Both i20s were driven on the same roads. Wonder what was so different in both cars.
Old 17th April 2012, 09:38   #219
BANNED

Quote:
Does it mean the steering rack(in terms of design) are different for the 1.2 Kappa MT, 1.4 CRDi MT and 1.4 Gamma AT i20s?
Don't know about that but here are the part numbers

GEAR ASSY-STEERING Old Part numbers

1.2L Kappa - 565001J950
1.4L Gamma - 565001J960
1.4L U - 565001J960
1.4L U2 - 565001J960

GEAR ASSY-STEERING New Part Numbers

1.2L Kappa - 565001J010
1.4L Gamma - 565001J010
1.4L U2 - 565001J020
wildon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 11:33   #220
BHPian

But would these parts differ for Sportz v/s Asta. The new Asta would also have Bluetooth controls on the same. Or is it that the steering remains the same and only the mechanism that it drives is changed. Sorry for the n00b query.
Old 17th April 2012, 13:47   #221
BANNED

^^ Attaching the picture of i20 GEAR ASSY-STEERING for your reference.

Old 17th April 2012, 15:16   #222
Senior - BHPian

An update regarding the court case:

The Junagadh consumer court has ordered our car to be sent to Om Hyundai, Junagadh. A company engineer is to be sent by the company to have a look at the car. The supposedly new, rattle-free steering Rack is to be installed in the car only after the car is inspected by him. So tomorrow I am going to Junagadh to leave the car there. When the engineer will come to have a look at the car, is unknown at this time(could take a week or more). Till then, the car will have to stay there.

It is a relief that there is some movement now in the case,a good one year and four months after filing the case. I know it may be suicidal to leave the car in there hands considering the majority of the issues in the car are thanks to their "great" work. But then, these are legal issues and we have to go accordingly.

I forsee the whole drama which played out during the previous rack replacements repeating itself, only this time court will watching over it closely.

If it gets fixed, its well and good but if its doesn't, another round of steering rattle fix circus awaits, I guess

Anyway, will update tomorrow after I leave the car there. I want to see how those fellows in Junagadh react seeing me and the car. Those (including Hyundai fellows who are reading this thread) know how they treated me and the car and how(as per them), I "hear" things
skanchan95 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 15:47   #223
BHPian

I have very happy that i decided against hyundai I20 sports petrol and went for Ritz Vdi. The I20 comes loaded with features and boy those attract the customers like anything.

@skanchan95 best of luck and hope your rattling issues are solved for good.
.sourov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 17:13   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
An update regarding the court case:

The Junagadh consumer court has ordered our car to be sent to Om Hyundai, Junagadh. A company engineer is to be sent by the company to have a look at the car. The supposedly new, rattle-free steering Rack is to be installed in the car only after the car is inspected by him. So tomorrow I am going to Junagadh to leave the car there. When the engineer will come to have a look at the car, is unknown at this time(could take a week or more). Till then, the car will have to stay there.

It is a relief that there is some movement now in the case,a good one year and four months after filing the case. I know it may be suicidal to leave the car in there hands considering the majority of the issues in the car are thanks to their "great" work. But then, these are legal issues and we have to go accordingly.

I forsee the whole drama which played out during the previous rack replacements repeating itself, only this time court will watching over it closely.

If it gets fixed, its well and good but if its doesn't, another round of steering rattle fix circus awaits, I guess

Anyway, will update tomorrow after I leave the car there. I want to see how those fellows in Junagadh react seeing me and the car. Those (including Hyundai fellows who are reading this thread) know how they treated me and the car and how(as per them), I "hear" things
Take your best cam with you and take HD pics and video of the car and close up video of each and every panel on the car and make sure the dealership guys see you doing this, also take the dealership name in the recording.

Additional scratches, when you go back to take the car are inevitable. But with the pics and vids, at least you'll have proof and wont have to fight with them!

Good luck!
sohail99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 09:50   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sourov View Post
I have very happy that i decided against hyundai I20 sports petrol and went for Ritz Vdi. The I20 comes loaded with features and boy those attract the customers like anything.
I was one of those who dumped my Swift for the i20, making me question myself why20 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Take your best cam with you and take HD pics and video of the car and close up video of each and every panel on the car and make sure the dealership guys see you doing this, also take the dealership name in the recording.

Additional scratches, when you go back to take the car are inevitable. But with the pics and vids, at least you'll have proof and wont have to fight with them!

Good luck!
Thanks mate, will do. I was considering the same because those fellows in Junagadh have a nasty habbit of changing colors like chameleons . My lawyer is accompanying me to the workshop too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks