Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2010, 14:09   #1
BHPian

Maruti Ritz DDiS Ownership Log : Sold after 90,000 kms

History
I was a maruti fan just after the launch of swift .This made me a fan of every marutis since then.Once for my 10th birthday ,my mother bought me an auto india magazine which has the top story of suzuki splash .At first glance ,I cannot digest its styling and said it was ugly.Then the Indian LAUNCH CAME IN MAY 10 , about four years later.
The Plot
After the launch our old indica had a crash at the back by a scorpio and we immediately took to a workshop nearby.After replacing the tailgate ,the problems didnt stop there . Water was entering the cabin and some common indica niggles .So the plan came for a new car .The main options were swift ,ritz ,accent LPG ,ikon Tdci and Indica Vista .From these we shortlisted ritz because we wanted a change from swift,resale value of a accent was less and it was a dated car. Low seats said a 'no' from my father and another Indica -I said a strict 'NO'
Color Choice
First we were looking at the racing green.Then came Blue Blaze and Brick red .Then black and white while we saw it in real life and finally bakers chocolate .The salesman said there was stock and can deliver it in a weeks time.After thinking a lot we decided -"yes..baker's chocolate would do."
The experience was very similar to that of our Indica where we dreamt of Aqua green and bought stead violet .
Delivery and ***
We took delivery of it on a rainy 6 june 2009 and sharply at 6:30 pm .What to say about maruti *** .They are bomb-proof .But there were some problems with the horn and Teflon coating which were replaced and redone for us .We fixed mud flaps and side beedings from the service centre at the time of first service .
Incidents
There were some .
1. My father crashed onto a mile stone while giving side for a truck coming from the opposite side and the bumber bended inwards .
2. Some scratches and swirls everywhere .
3. A boy of about 17 -18 years ran while crossing the road and my father braked hard .He came and hit hard on the fender and now there is a small bend on the wheel arch and the A pillar was having a slight impression which will not get noticed easily.For the surprise that boy was not having any problems after the collision .
Positives
1. Standout styling(most of you may disagree but i like it)
2. Fuel Efficiency .We are constantly getting about 19 kmpl.
3. Dashboard quality
4.Octagonal shape which helps to have minimum amount of scrapes on the bumber.So no need of corner protecters
Negeatives
1. Thick pillars limit visibility
2. Cost cutting everywhere -Lacks features and those skinny tyres .
Problems Facing
The main problems are with the paint quality .Scratches appear soon after teflon coating and accumulation of coal tar on the body and on windshield
Service centre Issues
Once ,they have only washed the wheelarches and body but not under body.Daddy soon called them and fires them .
Teflon coating-Are of 3M and lacks quality.
The availability of spares are a major issues .Once we had to wait for 3 days to get a faulty horn replaced.
They told that the 20000 kms service costs 6000 bucks
But those people are professionals and everybody recommends them.
Pictures
Coming soon ..
There is some problem for the browser to load them.
Will keep updating
shk 8896 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2010, 14:43   #2
BHPian

Ritz VDI

During the 10K Kms service i was casually checking on the next service period and mentioned that to get it at 15K kms. As per the service manual it should be at 20K. So asked him again and mentioned that 15K will routine service for wheel balancing and 20K is major and it will cost 6K Plus.
Asked on the reasons for such a high amount he mentioned all the oils need to be changed. If i remember correctly for Indica DLG all this oil changes were only done at @ 40K.
Someone should who have got done their 20K service for Ritz VDI should share information

Last edited by srinivasmhn : 19th October 2010 at 14:44. Reason: Formatting
Old 19th October 2010, 14:52   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasmhn View Post
During the 10K Kms service i was casually checking on the next service period and mentioned that to get it at 15K kms. As per the service manual it should be at 20K. So asked him again and mentioned that 15K will routine service for wheel balancing and 20K is major and it will cost 6K Plus.
Asked on the reasons for such a high amount he mentioned all the oils need to be changed. If i remember correctly for Indica DLG all this oil changes were only done at @ 40K.
Someone should who have got done their 20K service for Ritz VDI should share information
Yes .The 20k service includes replacement of gear oil,power steering ,air filter and many more things and there was also a teflon coating coupun remaining and some repaints here and there.
Old 20th October 2010, 23:12   #4
BHPian

Very cute review.
I enjoyed reading it .

20k service costs 6000 bucks !
can you put a bill break up?
Thick pillars do hinder visibility a bit. You get Used to It.

Which tyres You Got? I got bridgestones, so not planning to change soon.
Do you feel a bumpy ride at the back ?

I got FE of over 21kmpl on a last highway journey.
No Rattles so far, so good.

Do post pictures, dent and paint quality pics also. I don't have any complaints with paint quality so far.
is it related to coastal weather?

Last edited by drkritik : 20th October 2010 at 23:14.
Old 21st October 2010, 12:03   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

As usual, the service problems keeps rising.
6000k for the 20k service is way too much buddy.

Kindly post the pics too.
Old 21st October 2010, 12:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Yes .The 20k service includes replacement of gear oil,power steering ,air filter and many more things and there was also a teflon coating coupun remaining and some repaints here and there.
I think the bill was high because of some repaints which he got done , and it should be clear once we see the detailed bill.
Post a breakup of the bill.

Cheers
Old 21st October 2010, 12:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

20k service costs around 2,400. This includes 5 way tyre rotation, oil change (almost all).

SA try to bump up the cost by including things like engine flush ant other things that are no part of service.
Old 21st October 2010, 17:12   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkritik View Post
Very cute review.
I enjoyed reading it .

20k service costs 6000 bucks !
can you put a bill break up?
Thick pillars do hinder visibility a bit. You get Used to It.

Which tyres You Got? I got bridgestones, so not planning to change soon.
Do you feel a bumpy ride at the back ?

I got FE of over 21kmpl on a last highway journey.
No Rattles so far, so good.

Do post pictures, dent and paint quality pics also. I don't have any complaints with paint quality so far.
is it related to coastal weather?
Thanks kritikji .We got Jks .Yes ,ride at rear is a bit bumpy and a bit dark .
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
As usual, the service problems keeps rising.
6000k for the 20k service is way too much buddy.

Kindly post the pics too.
I casually compared the 20000kms service and it includes everything .I will post a picture of that page from the owners manual.Pics coming soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
I think the bill was high because of some repaints which he got done , and it should be clear once we see the detailed bill.
Post a breakup of the bill.
It includes air filter change,transmission oil change ,power steering oil change ,teflon coating for us because one more coupun was left.Will post a pic of the bill.
Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
20k service costs around 2,400. This includes 5 way tyre rotation, oil change (almost all).

SA try to bump up the cost by including things like engine flush ant other things that are no part of service.
Yes I think so.
Old 22nd October 2010, 13:22   #9
BHPian

The car came back from the service centre .Unfortunately heavy rain started and the car is now muddy.Teflon coating not done because the they said the 3M personnel was on leave . Dad said there was a small vibration from the front suspension .The work is not complete .The car was taken because of some urgency.Will return to them to finish the work.I am now looking for the side graphics (carbon).Any suggestion.
I cant upload the pics because the size was more than 1 MB .I will compress it and put them here.
Old 1st November 2010, 16:33   #10
BHPian

I managed to take some pics of our buddy ritz.Sorry for that grainy picture quality
That suspension problem was sort out .
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz DDiS Ownership Log : Sold after 90,000 kms-gjd1701.jpg  

Maruti Ritz DDiS Ownership Log : Sold after 90,000 kms-gjd1501.jpg  

Maruti Ritz DDiS Ownership Log : Sold after 90,000 kms-gjd1699.jpg  

Maruti Ritz DDiS Ownership Log : Sold after 90,000 kms-gjd1705.jpg  

Maruti Ritz DDiS Ownership Log : Sold after 90,000 kms-gjd1711.jpg  

Old 4th November 2010, 19:26   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post

May note be like that .Hope so.He is a reliable guy and was recommended by a family friend who services his car from there for almost 10 years.
Old 4th November 2010, 21:37   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasmhn View Post
Asked on the reasons for such a high amount he mentioned all the oils need to be changed.
If the service centre is popular it would happen. They may recommend synthetic engine oil, flushing oil, some interior cleaning (all unnecessary) adding upto more than 6K

Last edited by rajeev k : 4th November 2010 at 21:42.
Old 5th November 2010, 10:10   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

SRee. any mods planned for your ride??
Old 8th November 2010, 16:11   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
If the service centre is popular it would happen. They may recommend synthetic engine oil, flushing oil, some interior cleaning (all unnecessary) adding upto more than 6K
No It was not Popular but Indus motors.The final bill was about 5.3k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
SRee. any mods planned for your ride??
Funny Question
Actually no plans for modding but I am cribbing dad for atleast an alloy wheels.Pray for me to succeed .
Old 22nd December 2010, 14:39   #15
BHPian

re: Maruti Ritz DDiS Ownership Log : Sold after 90,000 kms

Our ritzy crossed 23 k kms .Some more pictures ,enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz DDiS Ownership Log : Sold after 90,000 kms-newkoy-006.jpg  

Maruti Ritz DDiS Ownership Log : Sold after 90,000 kms-newkoy-085.jpg  

Maruti Ritz DDiS Ownership Log : Sold after 90,000 kms-newkoy-093.jpg  

Last edited by shk 8896 : 22nd December 2010 at 14:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks