Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2012, 13:22   #16
BHPian

Re: Skoda Fabia 1.2 HTP Ambiente: 30000 kms review

How come the oil quantity is only 2.85 this time while the last time it has been 3.5 L??
Old 7th September 2012, 15:06   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93000BHP View Post
How come the oil quantity is only 2.85 this time while the last time it has been 3.5 L??
The manual says 2.8 ltrs. and not even 2.85. While these fools, at Noida, are bent on putting in 4-4.5 ltrs.
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 06:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
The manual says 2.8 ltrs. and not even 2.85. While these fools, at Noida, are bent on putting in 4-4.5 ltrs.
I created a ruckus last year about the oil capacity, including on the Facebook. One SA at Vinayak know me so he charges only what is appropriate and not anything. I now only insist for him to service my car. Others go bersek in adding additional charges. In one instance they had charged Misc and were also charging for other sprays. I had to show my previous bills to make my point that other sprays should be under Misc. You really have to keep things tight with the bills otherwise it is very easy to be robbed. See the circled part in my 4th bill. It is from Dec 2011.

In the first 2 service I paid for 4 ltrs @ 900 per ltrs. Later I found out that we are being robbed so I wrote letters to Skoda. Then I got a call from the service manager that they will refund the extra amount

I advised you all to check the engine oil level after the service. In my 2nd and 3rd service engine oil was above the max mark by some 200 ml. I have heard cases where it is below the min mark. A friend had oil spilled in the engine bay, which we are guessing happened because of excess oil. It had damaged the dipstick. You can check at the service station itself. Just keep the car off for 10-20 mins, the oil settles and you can expect a fair reading.

Last edited by fi.robin : 8th September 2012 at 06:38.
Old 10th September 2012, 09:55   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
I created a ruckus last year about the oil capacity, including on the Facebook. One SA at Vinayak know me so he charges only what is appropriate and not anything. I now only insist for him to service my car. Others go bersek in adding additional charges. In one instance they had charged Misc and were also charging for other sprays. I had to show my previous bills to make my point that other sprays should be under Misc. You really have to keep things tight with the bills otherwise it is very easy to be robbed. See the circled part in my 4th bill. It is from Dec 2011.

In the first 2 service I paid for 4 ltrs @ 900 per ltrs. Later I found out that we are being robbed so I wrote letters to Skoda. Then I got a call from the service manager that they will refund the extra amount

I advised you all to check the engine oil level after the service. In my 2nd and 3rd service engine oil was above the max mark by some 200 ml. I have heard cases where it is below the min mark. A friend had oil spilled in the engine bay, which we are guessing happened because of excess oil. It had damaged the dipstick. You can check at the service station itself. Just keep the car off for 10-20 mins, the oil settles and you can expect a fair reading.

Exactly the point I am trying to make. These SAs are hell bent on filling their own pockets at the expense and damage of the unsuspecting customers who think that having gone to the A.S.S. we are in safe hands.

CORRUPTION galore

Most Viewed