Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2010, 19:40   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitku View Post
This car gives a nice ride when driven sedately. However the ride gets jarring when the speeds increase on bad roads.
My Take: Yes this car is a sedan not a sports car. On bad roads the car bottoms out yes.

Quote:
2. ABS is good, and saved my skin in a tight position on the highway.
My Take: We had a accident situation. The ABS is very very good.

Cons (did not expect this many):

Quote:
9. Handling is average. Speeds exceeding 120 have to be taken cautiously.
My Take: Please note, ANHC is a sedan, designed for comforts NOT SPEEDS. She is NOT a SPORTS CAR. Just enjoy the ride at 4000 rpm no more.

Quote:
10. overall package from a spirited driver point of view disappoints.
My Take: This ANHC is a cheap sedan. It is costly here in desh because there is no competition in for this car yet. It was NOT designed for a spirited driver...which sedan is anyway? For spirits I have my Pulsar 220, looking forward to a Honda CBR 600..freedom.

Yes I have a ANHC brand new 10 k kms old nw in 40 days.

Just enjoy the ride in this car! No more !!

Captain Nandu Chitnis

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 24th December 2010 at 10:00. Reason: Fixed the quote tags.
Old 12th November 2010, 12:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post

Quote:
Yes this car is a sedan not a sports car.
Quote:
The ABS is very very good.
Agreed.

Yes I have a ANHC brand new 10 k kms old nw in 40 days.

Just enjoy the ride in this car! No more !!
Wow! that is some serious numbers Captain.
Old 12th November 2010, 16:01   #18
BHPian

@nanduchitnis: My reasons for buying the ANHC were driven by the fantastic Power and Performance numbers delivered by the great VTECH Engine. I agree its not a sports car, but its not even a regular sedan.
If I was looking for a regular sedan my first choice was the Fiat Linea. Gorgeous looking car, loaded with features, excellent ride and handling, possibly the best suspension in the class (takes in even crater size potholes without a fuss), and aprox 1.4 Lacs cheaper than the ANHC.
You say " just enjoy the ride in this car !! no more !!", well that is exactly what I am trying to achieve. Unfortunately with the suspension noise intruding the cabin, I am not able to enjoy it.
I have driven mostly all cars on the Indian roads today, and believe me even the Aveo U-Va has a quieter cabin (I mean suspension noise) than the ANHC.

My point is that since this car is in monopoly in its segment, Honda is short changing its customers and lowering the build quality, which a few people on this thread agree to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
Amitku,
Next time someone troubles you, call the police or 108. 170 kmph at 10pm in the night is asking for trouble. Visibility is hazy at best on the Indian roads and too many kinds of living creatures, man included, cross at will.

Drive safe please, not only for you and your family, but others as well.
@Buffetfan: I fully agree with your suggestion, however unlike Hyderabad this stretch of road was in western UP, and relying on Police is like leaving everything on god's will !! 108 would have taken hours to respond.
This is obviously a one time experience, and not an everyday practice, as my wife keeps a look on the speedo and keeps my speed under check, however that day even she did not say a thing.
The good part is that when needed the car pulled me out of trouble !!

Note from Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the EDIT function instead of posting back-to-back within 20 minutes. Also, please take time out to use proper punctuation instead of posting like this "...!!".

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 24th December 2010 at 10:02. Reason: Please use the EDIT function instead of posting back-to-back posts within 20 minutes. Thanks.
Old 12th November 2010, 17:09   #19
BHPian

Amit, I had to go to your profile and realised you are my son's age and you can afford to buy the ANHC !! I am 59 and still feel the ANHC is EXPENSIVE, though quite suited for my age, liesure lifestyle. My wife drives mre than I do.

Given your young age (35 yrs) the ANHC is a NO NO car for you.

Fantastic power? ANHC? No way....performance yes.

I have no suspension noise yet so that issue can be resolved.

What beats me is why did you buy this car ANHC when you had peppier car choices and much cheaper given your young age. No wonder you are disappointed.

When I was young the major criteria for me was Power to Weight ratio. That means the feel of rage can be satiated quickly.

Consider selling this car and buying a new car that suits your personality, age and income profile.

I do agree we are paying a Lakh more for the brand name Honda.

I will never recco this car to anyone who is less than 50 yrs old !!

Drive safe !

Captain Nandu Chitnis
Old 12th November 2010, 20:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

Dear Captain, I think Honda will not be happy to just sell to 50+ only.
Old 19th November 2010, 15:23   #21
BHPian

Update - I have not heard back from Honda after the visit to the Dealer, which had obviously not resulted in any positive outcome.

Looking at the total lack of customer response from Honda, I finally advised my father not to go for the ANHC, and got him to book the VW Vento - Highline (Petrol).
I myself did a TD of the Vento and found it very pleasing, specially on the NVH levels (read suspension noise) compared to the ANHC. The build quality was any day better and the reassuring "thud" of the door closing was something I never heard on my Honda. German engineering !!

Compared to the ANHC the Vento does lack on the acceleration and quietness (read refinement) of the engine, however the ride quality was plush !! For my Dad, comfort rather than acceleration is the consideration point anyway !!
The Vento felt odd with the steering mounted controls missing, but my Dad's previous car (Accent) also never had it, so no complains.
The interior seemed better built and the dual-tone colour was much pleasing. The dials, console and the air-con vents with the chrome inserts looked classy, also making the cabin functional were the adjustable driver hand rest, adjustable tilt and telescopic steering wheel, decent storage space and not to miss the special features for the people who like to be driven around, the front passenger seat adjuster and the rear AC vents. One feature where it totally trumps the ANHC is the Climate control.

One last word of advice to all prospective ANHC buyers, PLEASE GO AND TEST A VENTO !! Believe me the "VW" brand is Globally a BIGGER brand than the "H" and the Vento is a saving of atleast 1-1.5 Lacs over the ANHC, but still giving features we ANHC owners can only crib about !!

Dad still has to take a final decision between white or silver colour, but the car would be delivered by 15th Jan next year, so looking forward to say "Das Auto" !!!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies. Also, use proper punctuation instead of typing like this "....!!"

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section immediately before proceeding any further.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 24th December 2010 at 09:58. Reason: See mod note in post.
Old 19th November 2010, 15:59   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Given your young age (35 yrs) the ANHC is a NO NO car for you.

Fantastic power? ANHC? No way....performance yes.
Sir, I would strongly disagree...the ANHC does have Power.

Quote:
What beats me is why did you buy this car ANHC when you had peppier car choices and much cheaper given your young age. No wonder you are disappointed.
When I was young the major criteria for me was Power to Weight ratio. That means the feel of rage can be satiated quickly.
Sir, I do not see any other Sedan in the price bracket (7-10 Lacs) available in India which will have a higher power to weight ratio.

Quote:
Consider selling this car and buying a new car that suits your personality, age and income profile.
Sir, that's not an option..!!

I do agree we are paying a Lakh more for the brand name Honda.

Quote:
I will never recco this car to anyone who is less than 50 yrs old !!
Sir, as per me the ANHC is more suited for the young, upwardly mobile, working higher middle class. The 50+ would be more suited in the back seat of the next segment cars (Superb, Accord, Camary, E-Class, 5 Series, etc)

For any other 50+ person looking at this segment, should definitely do a TD of the Vento, as I feel it is a much better car.
Old 3rd December 2010, 12:17   #23
BHPian

10,000 Kms Report of ANHC

Today my ANHC completed 10,000 Kms. So far the experience has been good and positive, except for the noisy suspension.
Of late the car has been returning good fuel consumption figures, and on my drive today, by the time I reached my destination in Gurgaon, the mileage indicator on the meters was showing 18.2 Kmpl. This was achieved with a smooth drive, keeping in the range of 60-80 Kmph. Yesterday evening I was in a rush and kept a heavy foot on the accelerator pedal, but still the car returned a figure of 15 Kmpl which is commendable.
Hope this good run continues and the car continues to give trouble free performance.
Old 23rd December 2010, 12:51   #24
BHPian

Re: Ownership review for ANHC

Problem with the Horn: Over the last week, I was facing problem with the horn, as in congested areas on regular use, one of the horns (ANHC has dual horn), used to stop working.
Went to the service centre and they unbolted the horn, did minor adjustment and refitted it. The justification was that this is a regular issue with all ANHC and required adjustment.

I was in Singapore and Kuala Lampur last week and saw the same ANHC model running there. Those cars never use the horn, as its indecent there to honk. Unfortunately driving in Indian conditions, we have no choice but to use the sounding device very often. The horns fitted with the ANHC have been reporting issues (as told to me by the dealership). So it seems Honda need to get heavy duty Horns for Indian version.
Old 28th December 2010, 11:34   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitku View Post
Problem with the Horn: Over the last week, I was facing problem with the horn, as in congested areas on regular use, one of the horns (ANHC has dual horn), used to stop working.
Went to the service centre and they unbolted the horn, did minor adjustment and refitted it. The justification was that this is a regular issue with all ANHC and required adjustment.

I was in Singapore and Kuala Lampur last week and saw the same ANHC model running there. Those cars never use the horn, as its indecent there to honk. Unfortunately driving in Indian conditions, we have no choice but to use the sounding device very often. The horns fitted with the ANHC have been reporting issues (as told to me by the dealership). So it seems Honda need to get heavy duty Horns for Indian version.
Hi Amitku,

You are right. Many other ANHCians on T-BHP including I have had this issue with the horn. I have even gotten the stock horn replaced under the warranty but at times this issue persists even after that.

Regards,
Kalyan
Old 28th December 2010, 12:49   #26
Senior - BHPian

I face the horn issue when you blow horn and also brake. The sound changes. Also it is most striking once your electrical system is taxed more, say using AC and fog lamps and then some more with the horns. Is this an issue with all or just few cars?
Old 28th December 2010, 14:50   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
I face the horn issue when you blow horn and also brake. The sound changes. Also it is most striking once your electrical system is taxed more, say using AC and fog lamps and then some more with the horns. Is this an issue with all or just few cars?
@Sn1p3r - I asked this question from the Honda engineers and their reply was that it seems to be an issue with the wiring. It looks like they have not used independent wiring for most electrical fittings and so the Horn dampens when there are brakes applied. Have to live with it..!!
However my issue is that one horn stops working. Even after the adjustment at the workshop, intermittently this issue keeps popping up.
Old 28th December 2010, 18:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

^thanks

I will have to get that checked too then. The car otherwise is a gem. I am have a great time. These days I was at home and NH8 early morning drives are simply awesome. Light fog, open road, traffic is at its lowest these days. And I am happy doing toll to toll and now slowly making the car learn to adapt to the vtec engagement. I am thrilled each time.

Have a great New Year friends.
Old 1st March 2011, 19:57   #29
BHPian

Hello Amit. I did a ride Pune to Mumbai after the 10,000 kms servicing. On the Expressway the FE was 18 kms/ltr ! I could not believe this figure as I was driving at 4 k rpm most times. Now that your car has returned the same milage I can believe this 18.2 figure.
nanduchitnis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2011, 11:50   #30
BHPian

Ownership review for ANHC - Noisy Suspension spoils the fun car

Quote:
Hello Amit. I did a ride Pune to Mumbai after the 10,000 kms servicing. On the Expressway the FE was 18 kms/ltr ! I could not believe this figure as I was driving at 4 k rpm most times. Now that your car has returned the same milage I can believe this 18.2 figure.
Good to know that you were able to get the mileage. The 10,000 Kms servicing wound not have a bearing on the average, as was told to me by the Honda service guys. IMO the iVTECH gives fantastic fuel economy in the 80-95 Kmph range, on long stretches.
The only down side is the same average will come down pretty quickly the moment the right foot is pressed hard.
On my recent trip from Noida to Dehra Dun (270Kms), the first 200 Kms were done sedately and figures were 16-18Kmpl, however the last 70 Kms were done in a spirited manner, and when I reached my destination, the fuel average was at 12.4 Kmpl.

Last edited by amitku : 4th May 2011 at 11:52.

Most Viewed