Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2010, 19:48   #1
BHPian

White VW Vento Highline TDI: 61,000 kms / 4th service report

Hi Everyone,

I got delivery of my VW Vento Highline TDI(White colour) three weeks back and have already clocked 1100 kms out of which 700 kms has been in city and 400 on pune-mumbai expressway.

FE -
I got an overall FE of 14 kmpl in city and 22 kmpl for Pune-Mumbai 400 kms running. While in city average speed has been 70-80(first 700 kms) and on highway i maintained 80 kmph while going to mumbai and FE figures were 25 plus but on coming back just went with the wind and drove 100 -120 kmph and averge dropped close to 20.

Driving Experience -
I have been driving petrol swift and wagon R for quite few years now but this transition to diesel was smooth. Dont feel like driving a diesel engine apart from that little engine noise which becomes slightly disturbing with windows opened and initial few kilometres on starting. Mostly I am under 2000 rpm and have driven to most conjusted parts of my city(pune) without any hastle.

The best time to press the pedal is when we are on 4th gear and speed is 60 kmph, the car just whoops like a rocket .

The first tank full was turbojet diesel for the above figures and experience. This time I have taken plain diesel for this running to observe the FE difference with same driving conditions. The fuel has been taken from same petrol pump. Will post later on the response this time.

No regrets on picking up VW TDI over Altis diesel engine. Best value for money

Happy Driving,
Nikesh
Old 14th November 2010, 20:32   #2
BANNED

Congrats nikesh!

You now own the best Diesel C segment car!

Waiting for some pics!
Old 14th November 2010, 20:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Nikesh on your VW Vento

How about keeping us entertained by uploading some pictures of your car?

Always wear your seatbelt and make sure that you drive safe.

Amith
Old 14th November 2010, 20:56   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Nikesh.

Just a couple of points:
- Please use regular diesel without any additives. Fill up at a pump you are confident about, maybe a COCO one like the HP one on the e-way.
- When did you book your baby? It bodes well that Ventos have started becoming visible on our roads (I spotted a black TDi on Baner Pashan Link Road couple of weeks ago).
- Your FE is really excellent. If the diesel can give 14 in Pune city, am confident that I should get around 10 on my petrol AT, whenever it arrives!
- Please post some pics pronto!
Old 14th November 2010, 22:11   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Vento. The White Vento looks very elegant.

Please post the pictures of the car. Do enjoy many more happy miles with the Vento
Old 15th November 2010, 14:33   #6

Congrats on the new car and a nice and short review.

Waiting for your regular diesel FE
Old 15th November 2010, 15:29   #7
BHPian

Congrats nikesh on the vento. do post some pics of the beauty
Old 15th November 2010, 17:32   #8
BHPian

Thanks all for your valuable suggestions. I will upload the latest pictures in next few days.

I had booked this 3 to 4 months back and was lucky to get white colour early as its the one mostly booked.

Happy driving guys.

Regards,
- nikesh
Old 16th November 2010, 08:11   #9
BHPian

Nikesh: Congrats on your car! And thanks for your report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikesh View Post
Hi Everyone,
The best time to press the pedal is when we are on 4th gear and speed is 60 kmph, the car just whoops like a rocket .
That was the second biggest reasons why we booked the Vento TDi. In all our numerous Test Drives we were always enamored by the sheer tractability of the engine. It's just delightful how the Vento picks up seamless from a low RPM, and goes all the way to the redline . This surely makes highway driving a breeze, and is basically what most drivers need (rather than outright power which comes at high rpm only).

FWIW, please keep in mind suggestions here - to idle the car (from 45sec - 1 min), BOTH, before starting and switching off the engine. Also please keep a tab on the oil consumption and fill up as needed before the first service.

Enjoy your ride, and drive safe!

Last edited by imjimmy : 16th November 2010 at 08:12.
Old 16th November 2010, 09:19   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Nikesh ! Nice way to start your t-bhp journey as well! And its an astounding mileage that you have got ! As some one said, try normal diesel, that should suffice.

And you also have mentioned that you have had an avg speed of 70 in City? Do you mean to say that you were driving off-peak hours? But then the mileage is a tad less for that speed in city ! Or did you have to frequently change the gears?

Anyway looking forward to the service experience and expenses as well ! Wish you miles of happy and safe motoring !
Old 16th November 2010, 10:11   #11
Senior - BHPian

Nilesh, check the user manual. I doubt about the type of fuel you should use. Modern cars hate the premium diesels ( the ones with additives).
Old 16th November 2010, 17:07   #12
BHPian

Thanks

Thanks for that quick tip to keep the engine idle. I have not been doing that since last 1100 kms I will start doing this from today onwards. As suggested will go by normal diesel but the manual has no specific recommendations.

Regarding the city driving in Pune, yes I have been specifically chosing off-peak hours to get better mileage, smooth driving and also better understanding of car's dimensions before getting into the mainstream traffic everyday. Crusing is more fun at that time, hence prefer.

Not sure about shocker types provided by vento, but is bumpy sometimes on rough stretches sometimes. May be the inadequate tyre pressure. Will get that checked today. I am maintaining 34-35 mostly and we are just two travelling mostly. Will reduce it to 30 and see the difference. Recommended is 29 for 2 people 39 for 5 people. hence I chose 34.

Will post pictures shortly.

Regards,
Nikesh
Old 17th November 2010, 08:19   #13
BHPian

pictures of Vento TDI Highline - White

As promised, posting few pictures only external view though.
Attached Thumbnails
White VW Vento Highline TDI: 61,000 kms / 4th service report-dsc00876.jpg  

White VW Vento Highline TDI: 61,000 kms / 4th service report-dsc00877.jpg  

White VW Vento Highline TDI: 61,000 kms / 4th service report-dsc00878.jpg  

White VW Vento Highline TDI: 61,000 kms / 4th service report-dsc00880.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 17th November 2010, 13:37   #14
Senior - BHPian

Nikesh, please remove the dealer stickers from the number plate. It spoils the beauty of your car

Drive safe and wear your seat-belt.

Amith

Last edited by Klub Class : 17th November 2010 at 13:37. Reason: Added a note.
Old 17th November 2010, 14:01   #15
BHPian

Congratulation Nikesh. Hope this translates into a good long term happiness plan for you and your family. Do think about adding the boot spoiler on your car. It does enhance the look immensely imo. The car looks a bit bland without it. And i do agree upon the dealers stickers view put by other members. Do remove them ASAP and get some nice number plate made.
Enjoy and keep updating.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks