Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2011, 19:21   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: My White Maruti Swift VDi (ABS)

My experience with royal sundaram was pretty good. If they are able to give you the best offer, its recommended to stick with them. By the way, no insurer is hassle free, they will always try to find ways and means to reject the claim, its their business!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
Also let me know if I should opt for royal sundram insurance which is default or look outside? Please recommend the name of hassel free insurer asap.
Stick to mineral oil, Synthetic costs 3 to 4 times what the mineral oil costs and in my personal opinion its not worth it.

Quote:
Hi friends,
Apart from above query, do let me know if i should also change the oil to synthetic one like mobil 1.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 10:52   #92
BHPian

Thanks Schaudhary and Bala,
I got my car serviced. Got mineral oil only. Also opted for same Royal Sundaram as I realized that apart from insurer, its the relationship you have with dealer that makes difference when need arises. Though Mondovi are best in terms of service, however they do not follow the steps in service booklet and happen to miss few small details. We need to stand on their head to get the thing done that they ignore. Also they (for that matter any dealer workshop) mess your Tyre alignment when they do clean up. Hence I have to go to Madhu's to get the alignment done.
I ended up spending:
OIL + Airfilter =1150
Alignment=225

However the rest things are working fine with car. It really impress you in driving manners is city and highway.
Also saw interiors of new swift and boy they are awesome. Maruti really did a class job. Wonder if the existing swift Jurassic dashboard can be upgraded / changed with new one.

Last edited by Anandg : 16th November 2011 at 10:54.
Old 16th November 2011, 21:59   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Schaudhary and Bala,
I got my car serviced. Got mineral oil only. Also opted for same Royal Sundaram as I realized that apart from insurer, its the relationship you have with dealer that makes difference when need arises. Though Mondovi are best in terms of service, however they do not follow the steps in service booklet and happen to miss few small details. We need to stand on their head to get the thing done that they ignore. Also they (for that matter any dealer workshop) mess your Tyre alignment when they do clean up. Hence I have to go to Madhu's to get the alignment done.
I ended up spending:
OIL + Airfilter =1150
Alignment=225

However the rest things are working fine with car. It really impress you in driving manners is city and highway.
Also saw interiors of new swift and boy they are awesome. Maruti really did a class job. Wonder if the existing swift Jurassic dashboard can be upgraded / changed with new one.
Seriously Anand, the interiors of the new swift looks kool.
I really liked the steering console and was so impressed that had asked my regular SA to see if the same can be fitted in my Ritz . Will give it a try next time i go for the engine oil change .

Bdw how is your tiger running after the service .
I guess a few pictures will be nice to see.

Cheers
Old 21st November 2011, 14:18   #94
BHPian

Ahh Thanks @schaudhary for reading the post..I thought with the advent of new babe (swift) people have forgotten old workhorse. Sure will post the pics.
My tiger growl has smoothed a bit and so did vibrations. Now it is hard to figure out if it is diesel from inside for a new person. I just wanted to know if the service guys are supposed to grease the gear box etc or apply some lubricant in 3rd service? Though it is working fine, but just curious.
Old 28th November 2011, 12:06   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ahh Thanks @schaudhary for reading the post..I thought with the advent of new babe (swift) people have forgotten old workhorse. Sure will post the pics.
My tiger growl has smoothed a bit and so did vibrations. Now it is hard to figure out if it is diesel from inside for a new person. I just wanted to know if the service guys are supposed to grease the gear box etc or apply some lubricant in 3rd service? Though it is working fine, but just curious.
Yes, i guess they do it and it feel really good once the gear box is greased, isn't it?
Old 6th December 2011, 14:36   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Yes, i guess they do it and it feel really good once the gear box is greased, isn't it?
Hi @Schoudhury,
Though the service engineer claims he did the gearbox lubrication, however I did not see that work done as I was standing right besides my car whole time. Also I do not feel any difference. Need to go sometime again to get all work checked as per service manual checklist.

Here are few pics of the car.

While at service, not sure what this guy was doing with the air blower
My White Maruti Swift VDi (ABS)-18122010004.jpg

An evening on kanakapura road:
My White Maruti Swift VDi (ABS)-img_0103.jpg

My White Maruti Swift VDi (ABS)-img_0105.jpg

My White Maruti Swift VDi (ABS)-img_0111.jpg

Team-bhp sticker:
My White Maruti Swift VDi (ABS)-img_0106.jpg

Last edited by Anandg : 6th December 2011 at 14:41.
Old 4th January 2012, 14:24   #97
BHPian

Quick update:
Car is running as fine as before after the third service. Though Lately I noticed that the front left door glass is making quite a noise when rolled up or down. Not sure what had made it cranky. Any inputs? Might have to go to service center for checkup soon.

Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 20:19   #98
BHPian

Got a chance to drive new Nissan Micra Diesel of my cousin few days back and here are my reviews comparing it with swift:
1) Micra wins swift in field of space and large glass area for rear passengers.
2) Micra has better boot space.
3) Light colored cabin adds feeling of more space inside the car.
4) Micra has good sounding audio system.
However,
1) Swift is way way beyond micra in handling department. On hairpin turns swift composure does not gets disturbed.
2) High speed handling is much much better in swift.
3) Micra gets noisy even at low speeds.
4) Swift was better sound insulation.
5) Steering of Micra is feels too light if you have driven swift.
6) Swift rides better on bad roads and speed breakers.

These are my experiences for 300kms.
Old 4th June 2012, 17:11   #99
BHPian

Swift crossed 10 years of her life today. Yes its been very less due to my frequent travels. Still enjoy the car and its cocoon feeling every time I get in. Mileage has been 17kmpl as travel outside the city has been limited except sprinted drives on NICE road sometimes.I still have not removed sun-films. Would like Bhpians advice on whether it is necessary to remove or there is still a hope on rollback of law?
Old 4th June 2012, 17:33   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Swift crossed 10 years of her life today. .....

Would like Bhpians advice on whether it is necessary to remove or there is still a hope on rollback of law?
10 years , i think that's a typo , i think you meant 10k kms .

I will advise if you have really dark tints then remove it, otherwise wait and see , 50% and 70% might be allowed , you never know .

Cheers
Old 20th June 2012, 17:22   #101
BHPian

Hi @Schoudhary,
I calculate the years of the car based on per thousand kms, hence it is 10 years .
I am still in dilemma as to whether to remove the sun films or not. This stupid law makes us more prone to muggers than ever before in bangalore. Politicians do not have to worry as they have already security guards around them 24x7.
Old 20th June 2012, 23:04   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi @Schoudhary,
I calculate the years of the car based on per thousand kms, hence it is 10 years .

Quote:
I am still in dilemma as to whether to remove the sun films or not.
Even if you have dark tints, i will suggest wait till you get stopped by Cops and then get it removed if needed .
I see thousands of cars running still with darkest tints possible .

If something has to be implemented i feel it should have been done right away, no point doing it like the way its done .

Cheers
Old 21st June 2012, 11:30   #103
BHPian

I agree Pal. Driving alone is no choice here. Muggers would have celebrated with this law. they should have at least made some standard of black films that should be allowed. India summer and robbery never affect lawmakers themselves.
Old 10th September 2012, 15:20   #104
BHPian

Its been quite long since I posted and my car also did not travel much either. in almost 2 years its only 10k. All three services done. Car moving perfectly. Just want to know if there is way to clean the blower fan by our self? As I feel that the fan speed has reduced a bit.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 10th September 2012, 19:52   #105
BHPian

2 years and only 10k? A gross under-utilization of the diesel mill. IF this usage was predicted, you could have saved money by going for the Petrol version and have more fun with the beautiful petrol engine.

Most Viewed