Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2011, 16:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Experts and Punekars, pointers please. The last time I had enquired for alloys ( I guess Plati brand), the cost was around 12k for a set of 4. I think that was a good deal. Also, is it necessary to buy set of 5 against set of 4? I feel that the 5th alloy is going to be lying in the boot all the time.
I got my set of 5 alloys wheels & 5 Michellin XM1+ tubeless tyres (in Dec 2009) from N Mehta WHeels (Swargate, Pune). For alloys as well, the dealer quoted just one figure & I did not negotiate any further (as a friend of mine had already negotiated on my behalf. Here are the details:

Tyres 4 nos - Michelin Energy XM1 (165/65R13) @ 2700 per tyre = Rs 10,800/-
Alloys 4 nos - Stallion (20 spoke, Hyper Silver Finish. 13"5.5) @ 2750 per wheel = Rs 11,000/-

Total for a set of 4 alloys & tubeless = 21,800/- (Got the fifth alloy & tyre later as it was not in stock initially).

I would recommend go for the set of 5. This helps when one one of your tyre gets punctured & needs to be replaced. Also tyre rotation after 10K kms, one wheel should not look odd if it is on a steel rim

Quote:
Secondly, my Vista's colour is solar orange as you can see in the pics above. What kind of alloys would suit this colour? Personally, I like 7 spoke or more on the alloys, but i am open for options. I am not planning to upgrade the tyres so soon. Its just close to 17k mark on the odo and I feel the stock tyres can do another 20k easily. I've got Bridgstones as stock tyres.
7 spoke should look good. I personally like the multi-spoke design, though these are very difficult to clean & maintain. My OEM Bridgestones S322s lasted for 62K+ kms, so yours too should be good for at least another 20-30K kms, if maintained properly
Old 13th June 2011, 16:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot AutoIndian.

I think 2750 per alloy is a great deal. But, I am not sure today I will get this rate. All in all, I think I have to be ready to shell out around 15k for the alloys.

Do you have any preferences for any particular brand of alloys? Plati, Oz, etc...
Old 13th June 2011, 17:20   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Certainly the most shocking for most readers. The TATA A.S.S. Well, I have a pretty good experience with them. They have done everything properly when needed. I never had to shout or frown at them for getting things done. Infact, the last servicing was actually terrific. The A/C suddenly feels very good.
I can very well second this opinion. Being a Tata Indica Maruti Ritz owner for almost 7 years and 2 years respectively, I think I am entitled to say that they have as good service centers as Maruti. For some reason, I find Tata is more customer oriented than Maruti because the kind of treatment, I get at both service center, there is a huge difference between them. Maruti's SA takes me for granted wherein Tata's SA listens to all my problems, try to resolve them in time, call me after 2/3 days to check if everything is alright etc.
Old 13th June 2011, 17:36   #34
BHPian

Congrats Ajay ! That is a cool ride you have. It was similar experience for me with my V2 although my FREE 6th service was at only 12k on the odo.

I also used to get the interior cleanup done for 700 bucks at BUB when they were still with TATA.

Where do you service your ride ? I am doing it outside at a known garage which has worked out for last 3 services I had with them. So far so good.

Happy revvin.
Old 16th June 2011, 14:44   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Secondly, my Vista's colour is solar orange as you can see in the pics above. What kind of alloys would suit this colour? Personally, I like 7 spoke or more on the alloys, but i am open for options. I am not planning to upgrade the tyres so soon. Its just close to 17k mark on the odo and I feel the stock tyres can do another 20k easily. I've got Bridgstones as stock tyres.
Check out the stunning alloys that forum member "shk 8896" has fitted on his Ritz:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2316642

I think they'll look really good on your Vista too, assuming they are available in the 13'' size.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 16th June 2011 at 14:45.
Old 16th June 2011, 14:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Check out the stunning alloys that forum member "shk 8896" has fitted on his Ritz:

I think they'll look really good on your Vista too, assuming they are available in the 13'' size.

Cheers,
Vikram
Thanks Vikram. Those alloys are sure damn good looking. Let me check with accessories guys.
Old 11th July 2011, 10:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Got the alloys for my Vista, finally! Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and tips. The alloys costed me 12,500/- for a set of 4 wheels. The brand is Plati.

Here are the pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-img00096201107091312.jpg  

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-img00098201107091317.jpg  

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-img00099201107091320.jpg  

Old 11th July 2011, 11:26   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got the alloys for my Vista, finally! Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and tips. The alloys costed me 12,500/- for a set of 4 wheels. The brand is Plati.
Great set there, Ajay!
Please also put up some details (where from/ any other choices available?)

What did you do with the old ones?
Old 11th July 2011, 11:39   #39
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Selfdrive.

Here are the details:

Brand: Plati
Cost: 12,500/- for set of 4
Choice available: Plenty. But there were only 5 choices available matching the PCD of my wheels.
Steel rims: 150/- per rim x 4 = 600 reduced from the total cost of alloys.

Dealer: Bridgestone Select store near Chandani Chowk, opposite CCD

Time taken: 30 mins for the whole process.

The owner of the shop knew the exact PCD for Vista and immediately gave me 5 choices accordingly. That was impressive.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 14:39   #40
Senior - BHPian

Good one Ajay! Nice set of alloys. Have you changed the tyres as well? If not, when do you plan to do so?
12,500 is a good deal!
Old 11th July 2011, 15:57   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Good one Ajay! Nice set of alloys. Have you changed the tyres as well? If not, when do you plan to do so?
12,500 is a good deal!
Thanks Swanand.

I did not upsize the tyres. Already its a petrol car and upsizing the tyres does hamper the FE. So I am good with the current size. I am planning to keep these tyres till 40-45k mark. I've got Bridgestones as stock tyres and they are pretty good.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 17:06   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Selfdrive.

Here are the details:

Brand: Plati
Cost: 12,500/- for set of 4
Choice available: Plenty. But there were only 5 choices available matching the PCD of my wheels.
Steel rims: 150/- per rim x 4 = 600 reduced from the total cost of alloys.

Dealer: Bridgestone Select store near Chandani Chowk, opposite CCD

Time taken: 30 mins for the whole process.

The owner of the shop knew the exact PCD for Vista and immediately gave me 5 choices accordingly. That was impressive.
Excellent! So some sassy shoes on at last. You've been planning this upgrade since some time now Congrats. And they do look GREAT. The black on them IMO, is blending (and even enhancing) well with the black around the side windows.

I was suspecting it was that store (looking at the not so good concrete road in a picture). I take my cat to a vet nearby, and there are always people changing their car shoes. In fact, Yesterday when I waited for my (cat's) turn, as many as 4 BHPians with stickers on car visited the store. I couldn't meet them, since i was upstairs, but the GotBhp & LTD are spottable form any distance.

Again, excellent alloys and you got a pretty good deal also.

Cheers!
Old 12th July 2011, 09:52   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Excellent! So some sassy shoes on at last. You've been planning this upgrade since some time now Congrats. And they do look GREAT. The black on them IMO, is blending (and even enhancing) well with the black around the side windows.

Again, excellent alloys and you got a pretty good deal also.

Cheers!
Thanks a lot Reinhard! Yaa...Finally I got them. I must have bugged so many BHPians including you for the alloys. Thanks to everyone.

When I was going through the catalogue, I found these to be the most striking ones of all. There were 2-3 options in hyper silver pattern, but I thought hyper silver won't go well with the colour of my Vista.
Old 12th July 2011, 17:19   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post

Cheers,
Vikram
Thanks for the comment.But those alloys are not available in 13" but is available in 108 PCD too.
Quote:

Here are the pics:
Nice and clean alloys but looks a bit undertyred for Vista.Even 14'' looks small for Vista.
Old 12th July 2011, 18:26   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Ajay, congrats on (finally) getting the alloys! They look superb, though I must say red-rimmed ones would have been perfect.

12,500 is a steal man! I paid 16K for my 14 inch Taiwanese "69"s.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks