Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2012, 09:37   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
just OT here, apologies. I too am on a lookout for City AT for that matter AT sedan, preowned. I would be back in India on 11th. Could you pls PM me abt the one you saw. I would be interested. Thanks in advance.
I have sent you a PM with all the required details. Let us know how the deal goes through.
Old 10th January 2012, 12:01   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Besides, I am very much attracted to the Duster. It looks like a great vehicle. If they price it as expected (7-9 lacs), then its worth the mullah.

BTW, Which one of your petrol you wish to replace?
Yeah, the Duster and the Ecosport both seem interesting to me. I am considering to let the Nano go. Cant let the Jazz go as there will be 'bagaavat' at home if that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
just OT here, apologies. I too am on a lookout for City AT for that matter AT sedan, preowned. I would be back in India on 11th. Could you pls PM me abt the one you saw. I would be interested. Thanks in advance.
I remember seeing a Chevy Optra AT for dirt cheap, something like 3L. I dont remember if it was in TBHP classifieds or in carwale though. Do take a look if you are interested.
Old 24th January 2012, 10:46   #93
Senior - BHPian

Completed 24,000 on the odo.

On Sunday, I took the car for much-needed wheel balancing, alignment and rotation. There was this tuk-tuk sound coming from RHS front. This got resolved with the balancing and alignment. Also, rotated the tyres and replaced RHS front tyre with the spare one in the boot. I told the guy to keep the pressure at 33 in all tyres and the ride is damn good now. I can really feel the difference on bad roads and speed breakers. I always used to keep 32 till date and the ride was a lil bouncy and i used to feel that the car nose-dives on speed breakers. Now it feels much better. Dont know for sure whether 1 psi can make this difference.

I am on a lookout for 'GREAT' HU. I don't need speaker upgrade since I already got 5" JBLs in 4 doors and 2 tweeters in the dash. I was going to finalize the HU by this Friday, which happens to be my 33rd B'day, but one of the TBHP members from Pune has to suggested me to hold my purchase just a lil longer, since he is going to get distribution rights for Helix and their full product range. He said that he can get me a superb HU along with an amp in my budget of ~10k. He also mentioned that they are going to have an audition room, which excites me most. So I have obliged and I will wait till he gets the distributorship.
Old 24th January 2012, 11:06   #94
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ajay on completing 24K on the Odo with your Vista. My Ikon's around 24.4K and will be completing 3 yrs this February. Our running is almost similar.
BTW did you get time to finish off your detailing job on the Vista? Do complete it soon and put up pictures. I am still to order the mother's detailing package but will do so soon.
Old 24th January 2012, 11:49   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Congrats Ajay on completing 24K on the Odo with your Vista. My Ikon's around 24.4K and will be completing 3 yrs this February. Our running is almost similar.
BTW did you get time to finish off your detailing job on the Vista? Do complete it soon and put up pictures. I am still to order the mother's detailing package but will do so soon.
Thanks a lot Fordmanchau.

Yaa, I have to do the detailing job. I just dont get 2-3 hours at a stretch on any day. Need to do something about this ASAP. However, looking at the bonnet surface after a week of claying and polishing, the product is surely recommended. The surface hasn't lost the shine even after 8 days. Mind you, I drive my car everyday for about 30-35 kms. Just a simple wipe with a MF towel and it shines to glory.

Will surely update the thread soon with detailing job pics.
Old 25th January 2012, 13:51   #96
Senior - BHPian

Clay bar application - Round 2

This time I got hardly 10 minutes, so I decided to sparkle the hatch and rear bumper part. The result is again very good. As reported last time, the clay takes out all the hard stains such as tar marks, oil marks, and all similar stuff with ease. The feel of the metal is Ooh La La.

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-v1.jpg

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-v2.jpg
Old 27th January 2012, 07:11   #97
BHPian

The car looks stunning Ajay. And the Team BHP sticker below the rear wiper looks as if i was made for this car only..
Old 27th January 2012, 10:23   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
The car looks stunning Ajay. And the Team BHP sticker below the rear wiper looks as if i was made for this car only..
Thanks a lot TSEA! I try my best to keep it shining all the time. I am loving the clay bar effects. Its totally worth the money and the effort. Best thing is its a very easy DIY job.
Old 2nd February 2012, 00:26   #99
BHPian

Ajay: A very detailed and well maintained thread from you and I should say the same for your car. And your love for the car is patently visible.

I have been reading/following your reviews, as well as Reinhard, TSEA, BigVishnu. I am in love with Tata as such and Vista rocks. Hopefully I can convince my family to go for it.
Old 2nd February 2012, 11:16   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedchauhan View Post
Ajay: A very detailed and well maintained thread from you and I should say the same for your car. And your love for the car is patently visible.

I have been reading/following your reviews, as well as Reinhard, TSEA, BigVishnu. I am in love with Tata as such and Vista rocks. Hopefully I can convince my family to go for it.
Thanks a lot wickedchauhan. Any car, if maintained well, serves you well. You take care of her, she will take care of you.

All the best for decision making process. The new Vista refresh version is much better than the one I have. Just one note, go for the diesel one if budget permits.
Old 2nd February 2012, 23:39   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot wickedchauhan. Any car, if maintained well, serves you well. You take care of her, she will take care of you.

All the best for decision making process. The new Vista refresh version is much better than the one I have. Just one note, go for the diesel one if budget permits.
Well I am only considering Diesel engines. I have finalized 2 contenders as Vista VX and Ritz VDI, but having a tough time deciding between the two. I have posed a query on relevant thread, lets see how it goes.
Old 20th February 2012, 15:48   #102
Senior - BHPian

Completed 25,000 KMs!

We did a short trip to a place called Baneshwar on Sunday, 19th Feb. This place is aroud 30 Kms from Pune. The place is famous for the Shiva temple. It was pretty crowded and the parking was a complete mess. The approach road to the place is a nightmare, especially for cars having low GC.

The best part was, though, was on the highway. It always feels great/refreshing to stretch the legs of the car on the NH4, especially the Katraj tunnel. Touched highest speed of 120 kmph for a few minutes. Fantastic! Sharing some snaps:

The Shiva temple

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-temple1.jpg

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-temple2.jpg

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-temple3.jpg

This tortoise was loitering around the small pond outside the temple.
Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-tortoise1.jpg

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-tortoise2.jpg

This is where we had lunch. You get nice Pithala-bhakri, usal-bhakri, etc at a very reasonable rate. This place is just before the flyover starts from the Satara side.

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-food.jpg

Our ride

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-ride1.jpg

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-ride2.jpg
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 16:01   #103
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful Pics Ajay, and congratulations on achieving the 25K kms milestone.
Co-incidentally, my car also hit 25K kms mark on saturday.
The detailing job has worked wonders on your car. Looks fabulous!!
Old 20th February 2012, 16:08   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Wonderful Pics Ajay, and congratulations on achieving the 25K kms milestone.
Co-incidentally, my car also hit 25K kms mark on saturday.
The detailing job has worked wonders on your car. Looks fabulous!!
Thanks a ton Fordmanchau.

I have not done the detailing job yet on the whole car. I only managed the bonnet and the rear hatch. Rest is all in its original glory.

And, congrats to you too for the 25k mark. Pics please.
Old 20th February 2012, 17:47   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
25,000 KMs !
Congratulations Ajay on reaching the 25K KMs milestone !
The vehicle looks yummy and very eye catching even after all these KMs - lotsa love n care from your side no doubt.
Nice snaps from the temple chukker.

Though for a moment I was knocked out cold by misreading one of the captions and linking a different picture...I thought you had the poor tortoise for lunch !

Keep those miles coming and wishing you many thousands of them in a very safe and delightful mode !

Last edited by Guderian : 20th February 2012 at 17:49.
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks