Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2005, 15:56   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Its a great car.

Heard of JBL's demo car? almost 2000cc or so. Kills vtecs and balenos )
Hey, I dont think thats statement is true .. JBL demo car with so much of weight in it -- no ways is it gonna whip a city or Baleno .. Guys pls clarify on this ..

cheers
Old 22nd December 2005, 17:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Its a great car.

Heard of JBL's demo car? almost 2000cc or so. Kills vtecs and balenos )
That JBL's demo car is quick without doubt, but just wasnt powerful enough to take my stock Vtec...but it sure did take the baleno!
Old 22nd December 2005, 20:15   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
That JBL's demo car is quick without doubt, but just wasnt powerful enough to take my stock Vtec...but it sure did take the baleno!
Hey, Who was this car prepared by ?? Any ideas as to what all is done to that car ...

cheers
Old 5th June 2006, 16:41   #34
BHPian

Guys

Regarding the Tire upgrade, I got 4 195/60R14 "Good Year Eagle F1 GS D2's". Have been using them for the past 6000kms (Includes Hyderabad-Tirupathi, Hyderabad-Mysore and Hyderabad-Goa with some detours) on good roads, bad roads, no roads, ghats, rains etc etc and just love the way they grip. Only area I feel slight improvement is required is under braking or is it something to do with Palio brakes! I have noticed the brakes fade considerably under repeated herd braking. Also lots of powdery deposits on my front alloys (from break pads), By the way the pads are new. What's the right pressure to be maintained for the tires when fully loaded and when only two people travel? I'm currently using 35psi. I also noticed a drop in performance once I put the bigger tires.

Really happy with the car, especially the performance and handling and the way it handles bad roads or no roads. Ground clerance is also good, even when fully loaded. No problem with service and spares till now.

Mileage worst was 8.5kmpl in city, fully loaded with a/c. Highway fully loaded with a/c(5 adults +baggage) and rip mode (high revving and cruising at 120) it gives 10.5. Similar driving with 3 people it gives 13.4 and similar driving with just me 13.8. Haven't tried with the A/c off. I'm happy with the mileage considering the 195/60 tires. I mostly use IOCL Extra Premium 91 octane petrol.

Dislikes, it develops rattles after being driven in bad roads and wish the seats were more comfortable. And the Brake fade mentioned above. Any work around for these are welcome!

Chao
Solly
Old 5th June 2006, 19:27   #35
BHPian

Here is a pic
Old 5th June 2006, 22:53   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hey Solly, great car!!!

That colour is called Tangerine Mist if I remember right... My friend has a Palio 1.2 and believe me, I have not seen a car with a better ride quality this side of 10 lakhs. I used to work for a Toyota dealer and the Corollas are no match for the Palio in their build and ride. Have fun and give her lots of TLC!
Old 6th June 2006, 00:11   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solly
Here is a pic
I think you should get the LHS mirror painted ORANGE. I hope its not so expensive and time consuming.
Old 6th June 2006, 21:41   #38
BHPian

Viju yes you're right about the color. Regarding the ride its true for the 1.2 and Diesel but the 1.6 has a slightly stiffer ride but the car can take bad roads pretty comfortably. I'm having fun, what's TLC??

Pioneer my city mileage is around 8.5 and not 11.5. May be the gear ratios make some difference in mileage.

Dipen you're right, In fact there are some scratches all around. Planning to give a complete coat of paint next month!
Old 6th June 2006, 22:50   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hey man, dont worry, TLC means Tender Loving Care! And you dont get it in stores!
Old 7th June 2006, 00:12   #40
BHPian

man great neat ride.
had u not told earlier that its a used car ..i wd have thought its a brand new one !
paint is in top class condition !
Old 8th June 2006, 18:48   #41
BHPian

need help in evaluating GTX

Hi,
I m just coming from a car agent who has Palio GTX 2002, done 27k, he is quoting 2.6L. i need someone to help me evaluate the car. Can u guys pls suggest me where to go. i stay in hyderabad. i went to Anuroop, they pointed me to some guy who is going to charge Rs.500 for evaluating it. However want to know if anyone has done this like wise. pls advice on the price too. Thanx in advance
Old 8th June 2006, 18:56   #42
BHPian

Hey congrats dude.Yesterday carfreak has taken the same car for 5 lakhs from RF motors.It rocks..by the by whats the colour of ya car??
Old 8th June 2006, 19:10   #43
BHPian

Re

Havent bought this car yet. i want a good technician to evaluate this. Color is Gold. and i found good enuf scratches all over but they are not very severe.
Old 8th June 2006, 20:20   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulleteer
I m just coming from a car agent who has Palio GTX 2002, done 27k, he is quoting 2.6L.
Seems like a high price. If I were buying, I'd make the dealer an offer of 2.0 lacs and be willing to settle for about 2.2 tops if I really wanted the car.
Old 9th June 2006, 12:58   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulleteer
Havent bought this car yet. i want a good technician to evaluate this. Color is Gold. and i found good enuf scratches all over but they are not very severe.
I agree with Aerofoil regarding the pricing. Regarding the condition of the car, You can get the car to Anroop and get it checked for a small money! Make sure the car is a single owner car and all papers are clear. You can also post in the paliousers group for more pointers.. http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/PalioUsersIndia/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks