Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2006, 13:01   #46
BHPian

Ha ha Viju I sure will give her lots of TLC but once in a while I kind of floor her!!

Karizma devil yes I was luck to get a good example directly from the owner. By the way I too own a Karizma..
Old 9th June 2006, 22:05   #47
BHPian

I have got one technician from Anuroop today. He evaluated the car and gave an A-class certificate. What i thought as scratches are very minute (as per the technician). Well it has a fancy number 3 three's ie 333 which costed the owner a hell lot of money in auction. so the dealer is not ready to go beyond 2.5L, deal almost settled. I m going in for a corporate lease. so waiting for my Finance guys to give green signal.. i m too excited about this.
Old 9th June 2006, 23:53   #48
Senior - BHPian

Hey... Good for you Bulleteer.... Hope you close the deal soon... the price sounds okay...!
Old 10th June 2006, 13:43   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solly
Guys

Regarding the Tire upgrade, I got 4 195/60R14 "Good Year Eagle F1 GS D2's". Have been using them for the past 6000kms (Includes Hyderabad-Tirupathi, Hyderabad-Mysore and Hyderabad-Goa with some detours) on good roads, bad roads, no roads, ghats, rains etc etc and just love the way they grip. Only area I feel slight improvement is required is under braking or is it something to do with Palio brakes! I have noticed the brakes fade considerably under repeated herd braking. Also lots of powdery deposits on my front alloys (from break pads), By the way the pads are new. What's the right pressure to be maintained for the tires when fully loaded and when only two people travel? I'm currently using 35psi. I also noticed a drop in performance once I put the bigger tires.

The problem of the brake dust on the rims is normal. My car has it too. But I dont have the brake fade with my tyres. Could be because of the tyres. I maintain only 30psi in city driving and 32 psi for highway. 35 Psi is too high. I suggest you maintain 30 or 32psi.

The 195's put a lot of rubber on the road. Thats why the drop in performance. Thats the reason I stuck to 185's which is right balance of grip and performance. 195's just look better in my opinion.
Old 10th June 2006, 13:50   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Mileage worst was 8.5kmpl in city, fully loaded with a/c. Highway fully loaded with a/c(5 adults +baggage) and rip mode (high revving and cruising at 120) it gives 10.5. Similar driving with 3 people it gives 13.4 and similar driving with just me 13.8. Haven't tried with the A/c off. I'm happy with the mileage considering the 195/60 tires. I mostly use IOCL Extra Premium 91 octane petrol.
Solly, your car's city mileage is a little less than mine, I get a consistent 9 to 9.5kmpl with 100% a/c but your highway mileage is 2kmpl higher. My car hasnt ever crossed 12kmpl could be because of my driving.

And its Ciao not Chao (but pronounced chao).

Your car looks really nice and clean....Btw, why is your LHS rear view mirror not painted?
Old 10th June 2006, 13:55   #51
BHPian

Quote:
I m just coming from a car agent who has Palio GTX 2002, done 27k, he is quoting 2.6L.
Bulleteer, I think the price is high. I bought my 2003 GTX, 7months old, done only 5000kms for 3.5L.

BUT, if the car is really nice and clean and your heart wants it, then buy it. It is a really nice car. The prices of used Palio's are going up after the TATA's came into the picture.
Old 11th June 2006, 12:44   #52
BHPian

Subzero

I got the 35psi from the Goodyear website. I agree with you 185/60R4 is the right upgrade for the GTX. The advantage of 195's is it increases the ground clerance by 3mm over 175's and 6mm over 185's and for the kind of roads I have driven this over (eg: Ponda to Londa) I was really thankfull for that!! At high speeds if I hit a dip, the rear tires touch the wheel arch because of increased width.

Regarding the rear view mirror, a guy just walked into it and broke it. I got it replaced but didn't wan't to spend the additional 700 bucks painting it case I'm planning to get the whole car painted next month (there are some scratches which are not seen in the pic).

ciao!!!
solly
Old 12th June 2006, 10:39   #53
Senior - BHPian

Guys, just a note to all Palio/Petra owners. If you broke only the outside rear view mirror and if the assembly is fine, don't get sold to the dealer who says the mirror alone is not available and you have to replace the entire mirror assembly and get it painted (costs Rs.2500 approxmialtely).

Last month i bought only the mirror from a local shop for Rs. 150 and fitted myself. It took some pain to install and i broke couple of clips on the mirror. But still the mirror held well.
Old 13th June 2006, 21:36   #54
BHPian

Ok ! guys I had final discussions with the dealer.. he is not willing to go beyond 2.5L .. sadly my heart is too tempted to go for it. As per the the dealer, he would have given the car for 2.3L had he not had that number. The owner paid 10k non refundable deposit and 50k in Auction.. not sure how is this true but i enquired at RTA seems that number is available with RTA once in an year or so and yes to bid for auction u need to pay 10k . if that is the case god knws why the owner sold it off any way i succumbed to temptation and paid the advance. Waiting for my company finance guys to close pay out ASAP. I cant wait to lay my hand on it.
Old 14th June 2006, 11:20   #55
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Bulleteer. You are going to have lots of fun with your new car.
Old 14th June 2006, 16:27   #56
BHPian

Congrats Bulleteer,

You gonna have a fun with 1.6. Its sheer pleasure to tune your head to teh engine sound when you go above 4000 rpm in 5th gear..
Old 14th June 2006, 17:35   #57
BHPian

Congrats Bulleteer on your purchase. As you're in Hyderabad lets meet some time. Personal mail me your number I'll give you a call this weekend.

Guys one problem I noticed in my car is when I fill petrol till the automatic cut off cuts off I get petrol smell inside the cabin for the first 20 to 30kms. Also if the guy tries to put any extra petrol to round off the figure it just overflows. Any solutions? Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Ciao
Solly
Old 15th June 2006, 14:19   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Guys one problem I noticed in my car is when I fill petrol till the automatic cut off cuts off I get petrol smell inside the cabin for the first 20 to 30kms. Also if the guy tries to put any extra petrol to round off the figure it just overflows. Any solutions? Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
I always fill my car up with petrol till the dispenser cuts off automatically. They used to fill petrol even after that and its normal that it overflows. It happened a few times and then I ask them to just stop doing that and waste petrol. But, never has the cabin smelt of petrol. Maybe you need to check.
Old 16th June 2006, 18:42   #59
BHPian

I am planning to join the Palio club shortly ! A quick question .., am told the AC compressors in the 2001 models and before were smaller and hence cooling not as effective as the ones post 2002 can somebody confirm if that is true ??
Old 16th June 2006, 20:18   #60
BHPian

Yes it's true though i'm not sure when exactly they switched to bigger compressor. Any way if you are sitting in the front seat you might not feel much diffrence.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks