Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2006, 20:26   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchimni
I am planning to join the Palio club shortly ! A quick question .., am told the AC compressors in the 2001 models and before were smaller and hence cooling not as effective as the ones post 2002 can somebody confirm if that is true ??
I wouldn't know if the compressors were changed post 2001.
What I can tell you (I own a December 2001 model GTX) is that the AC performance is phenomenal - no problems with cooling whatsoever.

I'd say AC performance and great stock headlight beams are among the other great features of the Palio.
Old 17th June 2006, 09:27   #62
BHPian

I was told that they reduced the size of the compressor in the NV editions (???) to increase the FE. Not sure though. But the AC is very good. One grip though... the whole cluster is slightly twisted towards the driver. So the driver gets a better deal than any one else. But if you are buying a GTX you are seldom going to be driven around. So what the heck...
Old 17th June 2006, 10:55   #63
BHPian

Hi Solly Great Car. I was offline for the past few days (just moved into my new house) and today I bumped into this thread. The car looks really handsome from the angle you have shot it. But I must say the left mirror looks out of place. The right one seems body coloured.
I am also considering a used GTX (have put off the decision to buy for a couple of months now, because the new house has drained my resources) which is why I am doubly jealous of you and Bulleteer. By the way, Bulleteer, have you got the car? I am sure you will enjoy it, however well the a/c cools.
Old 17th June 2006, 18:36   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey bro,
They decreased the size of the compressor and fiddled around with the tyres and odometer in the Palio NV (August/September 2003 onwards) so that owners get better F.E.
Earlier due to the tyres and odometer settings, when the car did 100kms it showed less then 100kms (between 95 and 100 - i don't recall) and after the changes it showed above 100kms (between 100-105kms - don't recall). The odo error was within the accepted limits set by the government and it's a common practice by many manufacturers.
Cheers.
Old 20th June 2006, 16:46   #65
BHPian

Used Palio GTX now bought

Hello All,
Thank you all for your inputs and special thanx to team-bhp reviews which made me buy the Palio GTX. i got my car delivered yesterday and its awesome to drive it. But there are so many questions in mind which i will compile and post in a seperated thread, but for now i need advice on installing an Autocop (something like that for keyless entry and locking) and also need advice for nice good seat covers. Any pointers to the nice shops in hyderabad will be highly appreciated. Not sure if this is the right place to ask.

Well one note about the drive in the car .. nothing like Palio GTX. Awesome car...
onething that is bothering me is that i get a vroom vroom kind of sound inside the cabin with all windows closed. i have driven zen/santro earlier, never get to hear that kind of sound, is this a feature or some problem with car? my friend told me that he heard that this is to give a feel of the revving .. a typical ferrari sound.. (well it sounds like that anyway).
Old 20th June 2006, 17:15   #66
Senior - BHPian

There are many accessory shops in Minister road near Begum pet or you can also visit Pit Stop at Raj Bhavan road.
Old 21st June 2006, 00:31   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulleteer

Well one note about the drive in the car .. nothing like Palio GTX. Awesome car...
onething that is bothering me is that i get a vroom vroom kind of sound inside the cabin with all windows closed. i have driven zen/santro earlier, never get to hear that kind of sound, is this a feature or some problem with car? my friend told me that he heard that this is to give a feel of the revving .. a typical ferrari sound.. (well it sounds like that anyway).

Well I'll qoute fellow Bhpian 1100D's signature here- " Every Ferrari is a FIAT !!". Hope you dont mind that 1100D.
Bulleteer,it may not be the sound of a Ferrari,but that engine sound sure is Italian,and it lets you know that it is one.For that matter,even the Palio 1.2 has a pretty good engine note to it.
You've got THE "car" and you've got THE "Vroom".Dont worry and enjoy your italian beast

Last edited by roms : 21st June 2006 at 00:34.
Old 21st June 2006, 18:42   #68
BHPian

ok ! i have one basic and important questions. Guys in hyderabad, pls advice me on where to take my GTX for servicing. i heard that Anuroop service guys are not good. how much is it true ? any good suggetions pls.
Old 21st June 2006, 19:15   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulleteer
Guys in hyderabad, pls advice me on where to take my GTX for servicing. i heard that Anuroop service guys are not good.
Anuroop aren't up to the mark, I've had more than my share of dissatisfaction with their service.

However, they do seem to have pulled up their socks after the Tata deal came about, my last service experience was decent.

I suggest you try Anuroop out, try to get your car booked in by a person called Khader (I'm sure I've got the name wrong - look for a big-built person); this guy is fairly professional. Do not opt for the wheel alignment to be done at Anuroop though, get it done under your supervision outside (I go to Wheels @ Tarbund).

The reason I'd avoid the Tata dealers is that they're terribly choked with Tata cars, many of them Indicabs. I wouldn't think they'd do justice to a Palio given the sheer volumes of Tata cars they handle.

What besides the regular service (that you know of) do you intend on having them work on?

Good luck!
Old 22nd June 2006, 15:39   #70
BHPian

General servicing.. i m planning to get a wheel changed. now that u told me i will avoid them for wheel, i will try some shops at minister road. I also want to install an Autocop and get new the seat covers.
Old 23rd June 2006, 14:50   #71
Senior - BHPian

There was a very good review for Tata dealer Autofin in tbhp. You may check them too. Planning to give my car to them for next service.
Old 23rd June 2006, 15:06   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
There was a very good review for Tata dealer Autofin in tbhp. You may check them too. Planning to give my car to them for next service.
Don't know, Satish, although that is welcome news. I was over at Autofin looking for a set of mud flaps recently. Their spares department was initially clueless, but after a few calls they figured that mud flaps aren't in stock. Turns out spares for Fiats are stored in Bowenpally!

Just doesn't inspire confidence.

So I'm still looking for a set of Palio mudflaps - no aftermaket store seems to have them and I loathe the idea of getting the car checked in at Anuroop just to buy these - since they don't have over the counter sales.
Old 28th June 2006, 13:00   #73
BHPian

Service at anuroop has been OK for last one and half years with my car. Though they are not great in terms of technicality. And as airfoil pointed out, It seems there is a change in their attitude after TATA tie up. I have observed it last service, done on last saturday. They delivered car on time first time without much hassels, though they charged me heavily for labour charges.

Fuel filter change: 85
Dash board noise: 200
water servicing: 350
Door noise: 150
ECU examination: 350
Coolent replacement: 150
Engine Oil filling: 75

and other small things, came to some thing around 1700 without service taxes and another Rs 700 for spares. I have paid 2700/- in total without wheel alignment. As this is my first paid service, I am not sure whether the figures are on higher side or not.

I would agree with airfol regarding wheel alignment, they screwed me driver side front tyre. I have got it done in some other place and do not have any problems till now...
Old 28th June 2006, 13:42   #74
Senior - BHPian

Though spares are not very expensive at Fiat, their service charges are on the higher side.

Even if you ask them to check some minute thing, they charge you for that.

It was a shock for me too during my first paid service.
Old 28th June 2006, 13:56   #75
BHPian

FIAT Adventure. My new love.

Yesterday I test drove a FIAT Adventure, its way ahead of Palio 1.2 and GTX.

Just Wow! for everything..like for overall look of the car, front seat visibility, rear seat comfort, leg space, BIG boot, pirelli tyres, gearing ratios etc etc.

Its trully great car available at very low price. If its carries toyota tag it would be selling like hot cake that too for premium price.

Adventure owners, you guys are really gifted one in this world.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks