Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2014, 12:28   #211
BHPian

Re: I bought a car that no one is buying! Maruti SX4 with factory-fit CNG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
BTW my plastic engine guard is in tatters. How much did the new one cost you?
I was thinking, cant we get a metal sheet welded down there ? Mine is broken too, and hanging down a bit ... maybe a visit to Mayapuri etc ?
Old 24th October 2014, 15:48   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Excellent !! I have been planning and planning since couple of years, and every year it gets delayed by something or other.
Where are the pictures !!?
And for Leh, was it via Kashmir, or Manali ?
The route we took was as follows: Delhi - Jammu - (Srinagar) - Sonamarg - Kargil - Rangdum - (Kargil) - Hunder - Thiksey - Jispa - Manali - Delhi. Places in brackets being those where we just passed through.

Would you believe it if I told you that our plan to go was made but 10 days prior to the trip? Although having read through the million plus threads on Ladakh I was more or less ready with the essentials. The only thing I did not carry was a large jerry can for extra fuel. Given the mileage I achieved and the itinerary we followed I need not have worried.

I am sure you will make a trip sooner than later.

When I wrote that update last night, I thought I'll post a couple of pictures. When I sat down to pick them I shortlisted 130+! That deserves a separate post, doesn't it? Let me see if I can still select a fewer best ones. Honestly once you visit the landscape you understand what they mean by saying that the camera cannot capture it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Lithium Sunset,
The SX4 is nowhere as thirsty as most people ( who do not own it) claim it to be. I have done over 67 K in my car and have always managed more than 11KPL (with 100 % A.C). On highwys where the speeds are seldom below 100KPH, I manage 14-15 KPL.

I did Ladakh trip earleir in June this year. The mileage never dipped below 11KPL ( with A/C) . This for a fully loaded car ( 4 people and a trunk full of luggage). The overall average on the 3500 KM trip was closer to 13.5 KPL

BTW my plastic engine guard is in tatters. How much did the new one cost you?
Somehow I always have the better mileage of Honda City in my mind when I complain about SX4 not been frugal and you are right, it's quite at par with other similar sedans.

I got lucky at the service center when I asked for a replacement for that cover. Secretly I think they were only too happy to have some customer take it off their inventory! After all its a car no one buys! If I remember correctly then it cost me only 330 rupees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
I was thinking, cant we get a metal sheet welded down there ? Mine is broken too, and hanging down a bit ... maybe a visit to Mayapuri etc ?
I asked at the SC if they can manage a metal cover. They declined and my guess is that an authorised SC cannot carry non standard parts. So the best shot is Mayapuri or a friendly neighborhood denting-painting-wallah.
Old 24th October 2014, 20:13   #213
Senior - BHPian

I read about one of the TBHPians ( LordofGandor if I recollect correctly) had got one fabricated for his Esteem at Motocraft Noida before his Ladakh tip. It cort him approx 7K. Rs 330 s a very decent price for the plastic guard. In city driving the SX4 does nt need a guard due t the high GC. However it is very useful in rough trrain as it prevents the engine from flying stones and absorbs the shocks reducing the impact on the sump. I will definnitely try and see if I can get one during the next service.
Old 24th January 2015, 13:37   #214
BHPian

The car-that-no-one-buys got company of another car that very few buy, the Polo GT TSI!

I bought a car that no one is buying! Maruti SX4 with factory-fit CNG!-imag1906.jpg
LithiumSunset is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks