Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2013, 11:35   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Safari GX 4x2 : 65,000 kms Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
21k INR for a 40 k service? Can someone confirm that all these fluids had to be changed now?

Did you say you wanted # 14,#15 and #22 done?

Edit : why air filter now? Didnt they change it at 30k ?
I didnt ask for # 14, 15 and 22. This is the 30K service, so, no issues on the Air filter. But what cheesed me off is the oil changes. If i refer the service manual, only Engine Oil has to be changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Looks like you had been given the 'special' treatment. Those pointed out by JK are just money spinners, at this point of time. And it should not have been done if you have not asked for it. Don't be surprised if the next time they fill in synthetic oil and charge you, I reckon, around 8k INR only for the oil.

21k is way to much.

Did they charge you for the wheel balancing and alignment?

And, whose was your SA?
I will be extra careful next time around. The innumerable calls that i had from office was distracting me enough.

SA was Gopal. I used to be working with YogaNarasimha, but he was on leave this time around.
Old 25th February 2013, 13:32   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
...SA was Gopal. I used to be working with YogaNarasimha, but he was on leave this time around.
Suggest you have it know to Gopal that this was not appreciated and also let Narasimha know about this. Will at least keep these guys in bay in not taking their own call.
Old 26th February 2013, 12:54   #93
Senior - BHPian

some data from my ownership report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Jk the service manual clear tells as mentioned below on Page 147 -

Change Clutch & Brake Fluid (Or 2 years whichever is earlier) 30,000 km

Better get this checked at the service station.
My 30k service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Part No Part Price
254718130115 Assembly Oil filter 161.60
253409110117 Assembly Fue; Filter Delphi 2161.15
278909130106 Air Filter Element 643.73
OILCASGTXD CH4 15W40 Castrol GTX 1806.68
-------------------------------------------------
Total 5451.00
-------------------------------------------------

Always question the service engineer ( be it Tata or Merc). They need to tell you what all has to be done and why. A.S.S. for your car is like hospital to you
jkdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 22:21   #94
Senior - BHPian

Round trip - Bangalore - Coimbatore - Bangalore done over the weekend, through the Chamarajnagar route (both ways )

Awesome trip, good roads, peaceful traffic, my peaceful speeds ( 90-110 KM/Hr) as well. The TSaf returned a mileage of 13.9, full tank method. I was very happy. This was despite running with 100% A/C and with more than 25 KM's on the ghats.

I think i need to visit the service station again, to get the eye-brow part (the thin bow type part that is just above the tyres). It was to arrive last week, but no news yet. Will post a picture of how the sides look without this part.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 12:01   #95
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari GX 4x2 : 40,000 kms Update

My TSaf finished 40K yesterday. The time between 30K to 40K went of so fast ( like the year 2013 ), but the experience with my beast is only proving to be better now. Does it age gracefully ? I guess so.

In the last 8 months, i did the following.

1. April - Blr-Coimbatore round trip
2. May - Blr - Ooty Round trip
3. June - Blr - K Gudi round trip
4. August - Blr - Sabarimala round trip
5. September - Blr- coimbatore round trip
6. November - Blr - Tirupati round trop
7. December - Blr - Coimbatore - Guruvayoor - Coimbatore - Blr trip

The other point is my lease is now over. I am now ONE EMI free.

Two things that i need to check.

1. The clutch seems harder, when i press. Need to check what's causing this
2. The front right and the rear left tyres seem to be balding faster than the other two. Need to check the balancing and alignment

In the past 10 months, i also had a few scratches and skirmishes with my T-Saf, thereby, giving it a few scars that are left behind, but nothing major.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 12:06   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The clutch seems harder, when i press. Need to check what's causing this
I was facing a similar issue with my Safari's clutch and based on my SA's recommendation, got the clutch assembly cleaned and re-fitted. It is as good as new since then. Labor charges for the same were ~1.5K I guess since the gearbox needs to be brought down.

Last edited by cool_dube : 10th January 2014 at 12:13.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 10:16   #97
BHPian

Quick check is there an issue with clutch plate...when I stop the car and engage in 1st gear the vehicle still thrusts to move forward..any insights...no acceleration and clutch fully engaged..
Old 27th January 2014, 11:05   #98
Senior - BHPian

Are you noticing this problem now or has it been there for some time ? Reason i ask is that - the Safari certainly thrusts forward on first gear, without the acceleration, and just by releasing the clutch slowly.
Old 11th August 2014, 21:00   #99
Senior - BHPian

Time for an update, and i do owe more that what is here.

I crossed the 55 K mark, and feel quite happy. Just a few hours back, i came back from a Bangalore - Coimbatore - Palani - Coimbatore - Palghat - Bangalore trip , done over 3 days. Quite a trip with some really amazing landscapes right through.

The last weekend was even better - with a Bangalore - kannur - Bangalore trip. The drive on the Muzhapillangad Beach was terrific.

I do owe pictures of the beach drive and a few pictures of my beast that's more than 50 k KM's. Posting those soon.
Old 16th August 2014, 17:22   #100
BHPian

Quote:
1. The clutch seems harder, when i press. Need to check what's causing this
Is there a difficulty in the clutch release too ? I had this problem once when the seal of the clutch slave cylinder had cracked. The cylinder had to be replaced due to sand having entered the same. Please get it checked at the earliest.
Old 24th November 2014, 14:25   #101
Senior - BHPian

^^ - Nainan - the clutch issue was sorted out during my last service with Prerna. I shifted out from Concorde and moved to Prerna for service and did one service with them 3 months ago.

Its been quite some time since I updated this. Apologies.

So - when things are BAU, there's isn't much to update, isn't it. I certainly must say that my T-Saf is keeping me absolutely happy, and I still get the same sense of elation now, for any long drive, as I used to when I first sat in my T-Saf.

I recently had to move to Pune due to my job. And boy !. I look forward to the 900 + KM's twice a month. I have done the Bangalore-Pune round trip 3 times in the last two months and each time, I am so thankful that I drive the T-Saf. An absolute pleasure, no tiredness, this car certainly loves the highways, cruises so beautifully and peacefully between 100-110, sort of glides on the roads.

Its more than 60K + KM's now, and I need to look for new shoes. What muses me is that the right rear tyre seems more worn out than the rest. Point to keep in mind when I change tyres soon.

Till then - i'll continue to enjoy my beast and will update this soon after I change tyres.
Old 9th December 2014, 12:40   #102
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari GX 4x2 : 65,000 kms Update

Here's the 65K Update.

Have been doing quite a bit of Bangalore - Pune - Bangalore trips on my Safari for the past 3 months now. 4 trips to be precise, and boy ! what a joy to be driving on the Karnataka Highways.

Obviously, the tyres have worn out. One has a bubble, promptly relegated this one to the rear door. One of them was bud bald. Two were slightly ok.

I did a Pune-Shirdi-Pune day trip over a weekend two weeks ago. The Nagar by-pass was in shambles, but somehow escapade any incident with the tyres.

The next morning, I noticed one tyre was punctured. Got it fixed on the same day. What was running in my mind was the long drive with family planned to Jodhpur and Jaisalmer, coming up in the last week of December.

Time to change the tyres - so, got myself 4 brand new Michelins yesterday. Lovely to drive with the new ones.

Three quick observations after fixing the new shoes.

1. The tyre noise has considerably reduced
2. The steering feels a little lighter, even on slow speeds, compared to the OEM bridgestones that I was running on
3. Earlier this morning, had to do a sudden brake, and the Safari did a slight skid, couldn't experience the ABS coming to play. Worried. Will address this later this evening or tomorrow.

More updates after I finish my Rajasthan road trip.
jkrishnakj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 07:28   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Here's the 65K Update.

Time to change the tyres - so, got myself 4 brand new Michelins yesterday. Lovely to drive with the new ones.

Three quick observations after fixing the new shoes.

1. The tyre noise has considerably reduced
2. The steering feels a little lighter, even on slow speeds, compared to the OEM bridgestones that I was running on
3. Earlier this morning, had to do a sudden brake, and the Safari did a slight skid, couldn't experience the ABS coming to play. Worried. Will address this later this evening or tomorrow.

More updates after I finish my Rajasthan road trip.
Hi, you changed the tyres pretty soon, I believe.
I am with the same KMs on ODO and I think, I have some more life left on the tyres since its buttons look pretty good. I dont know if there are any other way to check.
Also, let me know what Michelin tyres you went for.

I have a different problem with 2 tyres. There seem to be some puncture on these tyres, but the puncture guys are not able to fix them properly. I see that the air leaks away in about 2 weeks. I keep filling the air and running in.

Anyone has any recommendation for good tyre shop where they can analyse this problem properly ?

Prem.
Old 11th December 2014, 14:15   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Hi, you changed the tyres pretty soon, I believe.
I am with the same KMs on ODO and I think, I have some more life left on the tyres since its buttons look pretty good. I dont know if there are any other way to check.
Also, let me know what Michelin tyres you went for.

I have a different problem with 2 tyres. There seem to be some puncture on these tyres, but the puncture guys are not able to fix them properly. I see that the air leaks away in about 2 weeks. I keep filling the air and running in.

Anyone has any recommendation for good tyre shop where they can analyse this problem properly ?

Prem.
HI Prem,

I went for the Michelin Latitude Cross 235/70R16. Quite happy with that. Though the dealer did suggest that I can go up one size, I really didn't want to do that, just so because the steering will weigh up a little more I thought, by the increased size.

And yes, I have been a bit liberal with my car and have taken them on roads or to places where one might wonder if they can walk - so, the car has stood stead with me. I can think of several such terrain that I used my car. Strangely enough, the only funny part is that the right rear one used to wear much more than the rest - and the SA couldn't figure out why.

And perhaps, I wasn't religiously doing the rotations every 5000 KM's. Could be one more reason why I had to change around the 65 K mark.

Honestly, I would suggest you do an assessment if you can get your car tyres to be driven for a few more - what with 2 of them giving you trouble. Maybe time to get your VX some new shoes.
Old 11th December 2014, 14:54   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Time to change the tyres - so, got myself 4 brand new Michelins yesterday...
Can you share how much you paid, for these?

Quote:
3. Earlier this morning, had to do a sudden brake, and the Safari did a slight skid, couldn't experience the ABS coming to play. Worried. Will address this later this evening or tomorrow...
Never had this kind of situation with these tires. Were you able to figure out what happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
I have a different problem with 2 tyres. There seem to be some puncture on these tyres, but the puncture guys are not able to fix them properly. I see that the air leaks away in about 2 weeks. I keep filling the air and running in...
You too? I have the same issue with one of my tire. It keeps losing air every 20 days. Regardless of being stationary or being run. Had checked it at multiple shops and they are not able to find any issue.

This has started in the last one year.

And, my tires needs to be replaced. Looking at Michelin's, as those I am running now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks