Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2011, 13:39   #16
BHPian

Re: Sweetness of sadness - My Toyota Camry MT Ownership experience - 47K KM update

One of my all time fav Camry. Luxury personified indeed. Amazing car. As GTO said, maintain the car well and it would probably outlast you!!
Old 11th January 2011, 14:24   #17
BHPian

Re: Sweetness of sadness - My Toyota Camry MT Ownership experience - 47K KM update

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Excellent choice.... a value for money car with a good resale value... I own a 2000 model since last 4 years and its clocked around 370K... still enough power left...

Sadiq

Last edited by GTO : 17th January 2011 at 15:47. Reason: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.
Old 11th January 2011, 18:14   #18
BHPian

@camchennai: thats one super deal you've got. It will make new car buyers envious. Toyota engines are known for their reliability. Take good care of her and you will be surprised to see her last really long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salikt View Post
I own a 2000 model since last 4 years and its clocked around 370K... still enough power left...
Sadiq is that 3.7 lakh km? Thats one big achievement. This one does deserve an ownership thread of its own.

FYI I have an Esteem Di and recently completed 3 Lakh km. Heres the link to my ownership expeirence: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ip-review.html
Old 11th January 2011, 20:19   #19
BHPian

Thanks a ton folks, I am happy to see more and more replies to my thread.

For sure, Car would be maintained well as it is my daily commute.

Need some help with OVRM and AC vents; can someone throw some light in to it???
Old 16th January 2011, 14:54   #20
BHPian

[quote=benzinblut;2205958
Sadiq is that 3.7 lakh km? Thats one big achievement. This one does deserve an ownership thread of its own.

[/quote]

@Benz,

Yes its 3.7 lakhs. It was clocked 290K when I bought it during 2007 march.

Sadiq.
Old 16th January 2011, 23:45   #21
BHPian

Camry for 6lacs. That's really sweet. Apart from some few niggles which you reported, its feature packed. I never knew that Camry could give such high FE.
Old 17th January 2011, 00:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Just 6 lakhs for a 6 year old Camry which I am guessing would have cost 20L new. The used car deals at times are so sweet that they tempt even folks like me who prefer new cars.
Yes, the Camry, fortunately for people like me goes for a pittance in the resale market, a friend of mine got the same swooping ship for just 4.5 lakhs, I bargained the price for him. There are simply no takers for a ship sized car in the 2nd hand market which is thankfully infested with hatches or at the most Honda city/civic. Even the Accord comes very cheap if you know where to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salikt View Post
Excellent choice.... a value for money car with a good resale value... I own a 2000 model since last 4 years and its clocked around 370K... still enough power left...

Sadiq
2000 model must be an import. Toyota rolled out the Camry here ( as a CBU) only in 2003.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2011, 01:18   #23
MAS
Senior - BHPian

@camchennai - Congrats!!! Sorry, I'm a bit kate, but that is a great car and a very well written initial ownership report.

At 6 Lakhs, it is a bargain. Do keep us posted about your driving and servicing experiences with Harsha.
Old 22nd May 2015, 19:17   #24
BHPian

@camchennai, please let us know your experience in the past few years- especially spare parts cost/availability and service costs
Old 14th November 2023, 04:34   #25

@camchennai It's been a while on this thread but do you still have the car? How's it holding up? Would love to see some ownership figures and some more pictures.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks