Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2011, 08:31   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My Fräulein arrives: Vento AT *Updated* 9000 km update"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Excellent Pics Anoop. The Fraülein sure holds its place respectably in the melee of The Civic's & The mighty Admiral. Great! Happy mile crunching dude!
Thanks. The Civic is IMHO in another league when it comes to looks. But yes, the Vento photgraphs well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Nice pictures All the cars are looking great. Looks like you'll had a nice little meet. But there is one thing I think all of you can improve on, the number plates. Why not get the embossed ones? It will look a whole lot better.
You bet! I hate these dealer-stickered plates- ruins it for me. Can you show me a sample of what you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
Was hoping I would spot Subodh and his baby too, which evidently translates into pics of his car finally getting posted.
That is my bad . I was supposed to meet him yesterday for the ICE checking out but Sunday laziness set in and never got around to it! Maybe soon...
Old 23rd May 2011, 10:31   #257
Senior - BHPian

Hey Noopster,
1. Many thanks for the super snaps ! Some of them are wonderlicious.
Feeling sorry to have missed the later shoot and chatter.

2. About the snap, with me looking at dot's engine (oops...that sentence did not come out quite right did it ?) OK so dot's Civic's engine (that leaves me panting) - you think you and mdsaab were the only ones sniggering ? So was I. And I suspect so was dot.
Me and an engine expert ? That is surely funny. Partly at least. I have lost touch with gas engines after my Zen. And haven't kept in touch with the technology of the new age, new fangled engines.
All I dream of are diesel engines. And this knowledge too raced from zero to somewhere today all thanks to the Scorpio and hours spent on the ASC shop floor. Even then the understanding has got a few light years to go to reach even an elimentary level of expertise.
Yeah what saves the day is basic understanding of science, common sense and perhaps trying to look like an expert - pensive, scratchin' the chin etc.

And now you know why I was internally sniggering !

Thanks, all of you once again, for a super duper Sunday.

PS: A quick tip here, that I follow as a rule. Please do not use any soap, detergent or cleaning agent however mild in the engine bay. Just plain water and cloth swipe clean.
Irrespective of how mild the agents are the corrosive impact on the various components/wires/open points etc inside is unknown. And its deposits also could spell misery sometime later.
Do be careful !

Last edited by Guderian : 23rd May 2011 at 10:36.
Old 23rd May 2011, 11:44   #258
Senior - BHPian

@Noop: Not done. You guys were so near yet so far! Looks like you had a great time. The cars as usual are drool maal.

P.S: Your car seems to be sporting a new front logo . Good. Why not the rear yet?
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:10   #259
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

You bet! I hate these dealer-stickered plates- ruins it for me. Can you show me a sample of what you mean?
This type which is on my car -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...w-pg31-23.html
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:19   #260
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Thanks- yup I have those on my Swift. Costs about 1100 I think- will get it done when I can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
P.S: Your car seems to be sporting a new front logo . Good. Why not the rear yet?
. The front logo is a twist-on type, so I just use it these days when meeting fellow BHPians and taking snaps!
Unfortunately the rear one is a stick-on, so if I put it on, can't detach it. That is like an invitation to mess around with my car, so I leave it off!
Old 23rd May 2011, 13:06   #261
BHPian

@noopster : Dude whenever we meet up (didnt want to say if atall) please carry ur shampoo and loofa along with u. I would not mind getting some cleaning done from you. You seem to be a expert in that department.please

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
Was hoping I would spot Subodh and his baby too, which evidently translates into pics of his car finally getting posted.
Thanks for the stinker. I am determined to post pictures of my ice and mats soon. I am sorry guys but work has kept me too occupied in the last couple of weeks. And since i work on Saturdays as well, Sundays sometimes, taking time out to post something becomes a bit difficult.

Last edited by GTO : 25th May 2011 at 12:48. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 23rd May 2011, 13:39   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subodh View Post
Thanks for the stinker. I am determined to post pictures of my ice and mats soon. I am sorry guys but work has kept me too occupied in the last couple of weeks. And since i work on Saturdays as well, Sundays sometimes, taking time out to post something becomes a bit difficult.
Hey Subodh, I absolutely understand. Just that , I have been awaiting your review and pics and my curiosity got the better of me. Sorry for being impatient. Do post it whenever you manage to find time
Old 23rd May 2011, 13:50   #263
J.Ravi

Quote:
The front logo is a twist-on type, so I just use it these days when meeting fellow BHPians and taking snaps!
Is the front OE logo detachable? After seeing the photograph, I was under the impression that the logo was attached to bonnet, and only when the bonnet is closed, the logo would occupy its specific spot on the grill.

Old 23rd May 2011, 15:20   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Is the front OE logo detachable? After seeing the photograph, I was under the impression that the logo was attached to bonnet, and only when the bonnet is closed, the logo would occupy its specific spot on the grill.
Yes Ravi- it is detachable. AM attaching a pic so that it's clearer. You just put in the logo at a slight angle to vertical and then twist it into place.

My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-frontlogo.jpg
noopster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2011, 15:38   #265
J.Ravi

Oh, that's a nice gesture by VW, especially in India, where logo-stealing has become a rule rather than a exception. I will ask my daughter to ascertain whether her VW Golf has also detachable front logo. Thanks, noopster, for photographic explanation.

Old 23rd May 2011, 16:58   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What a nice Sunday surprise! The Fräulein had an unexpected set of visitors drop in this morning

@Guderian's Admiral was in town for a meet up with his oil-drinking butch buddies, so the AT triumvirate just *had* to go pay their respects.

Talk about a morning well-spent!

I live a stone's throwaway from that CCD, buzz me when you are around next time will be happy to catch up!! And with so many beauties in the pics they can't help but look good, so let's cut the more obvious things. Calling a beautiful car as a beautiful car is no compliment
Old 23rd May 2011, 19:44   #267
Senior - BHPian

Hey @noopster
Thanks for posting the super pics. We sure did have a great morning.
I was impressed when you just twisted the Logos on and off with ease.
It was my first time in a Vento and i must say i was impressed Fraulein isn't only pretty on the outside. The leather seats are really great too, once you step into Noops car you are greeted with a nice whiff of Leather, Grandy perfume and New German can smell. Three ingredients to get you all light headed, only thing bringing you back down to Earth is the reminder in the back of your head that this is Noops wife here. SO BEHAVE YOURSELF! Look forward to meeting up again soon.
Drive Safe!
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2011, 21:06   #268
Senior - BHPian

MODS Sorry for the Double post.
I had opened this thread on my android earlier and only saw the small thumbnails. Now viewing on the Lappie i got a better view of things.
~So comments on the pics~
Pic 1 - Just look at @dot lovingly admiring the Admiral's Engine Bay
Pic 2 - You sure you don't have 2 Vento's? Fraulein must be all smiles after the much needed TLC received.

Some nice Photo shopping skills there, numbers changed around, and ofcourse the self Advert on the Hoarding.
Old 23rd May 2011, 21:38   #269
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We did some under-the-bonnet checking of each others' rides at the meet-up. By a mile, the winner was @Guderian's Admiral- here's dot drooling over it (no kidding):
If I knew that @Guderian would ask us to lift bonnets, I would have been extra careful.

Nevertheless, I am going to emulate the Admiral once my baby comes back.
Old 23rd May 2011, 21:48   #270
BHPian

Hey guys I have posted my ICE review here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ml#post2362899 have a look and let me know what you think

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks