Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2011, 14:17   #376
Senior - BHPian

re: My Fräulein arrives: Vento AT *Updated* 9000 km update"

For starters, how did you drive two cars to office today? .
Dont sweat, dont answer that. I think, I already know the answer!

Now, the latter part of your post got me all excited to post!
I suppose you should wait before short listing the options. 4-5 years is a long time to decide on a car. New engines, better technology, heck even newer players could come into the market!
Why V6? There could in all probability, be a V8 in the market by then!

For now, how about the V6 Superb that we have been dying to TD .
Old 5th August 2011, 14:25   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Here goes:
  • D segment for sure: am thinking around 25-30 lac OTR, give or take. Could be more (hopefully)
  • Either SUV or sedan, not sure which. That price segment is hotting up and I for one am keeping a keen eye open.
  • It MUST have a sunroof. This request is from my daughter but I'd be lying if I said it didn't excite me either.
  • Manual transmission (if SUV) or 7/8-speed DSG (sedan).
  • 2 litre plus engine, around 180 BHP. Most likely a diesel but could possibly be a petrol V6 if I can afford it!
  • As insanely gizmoed as it will allow (unless of course the electronics mess with the engine)
  • Luxe brand: ideally a Jag or Bimmer or Audi. But commonsense may prevail and the likes of Hontoyota or Skoda/VW may also be in the reckoning. Or perhaps the new-to-the-party Frenchies.
Hi Noops,
Just married and already looking at/for the next dalliance dear chap ? Hmmm...such is the mind eh ?

Andway let me not be a party pooper.
Have a look at the Volvo XC 60/ Audi Q3 and the LR Freelander all in the 35-42 L range. Should get your mojo bubblin'.

If LR Defender 90" were to be launched here.....!

Your wish list keeps the utilitarian Toyotas out of the picture. T Prado price wise is out.

2016 ? Things are really hotting up now and in the next 12 months. Grab 'em hot !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
For starters, how did you drive two cars to office today?.
Believe me - wanted to ask Noops the same Q ! But then wanted to save him some blushes and thought it fit otherwise ! Now would you let us know how n why and put us out of our misery ?!!

Last edited by Guderian : 5th August 2011 at 14:29.
Guderian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2011, 14:45   #378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Just married and already looking at/for the next dalliance dear chap ? Hmmm...such is the mind eh ?
Well...am already a "bigamist" so what they gonna do? Hang me twice?

Quote:
Have a look at the Volvo XC 60/ Audi Q3 and the LR Freelander all in the 35-42 L range. Should get your mojo bubblin'.
Can't wait! There are BOUND to be some killer offerings in that segment soon. It's way sparse right now.

Quote:
Your wish list keeps the utilitarian Toyotas out of the picture. T Prado price wise is out.
T.Fort for sure in the "today" list: gizmowise a disappointment but that 3 litre engine makes up for it. Sorry for the omission!

Quote:
2016 ? Things are really hotting up now and in the next 12 months. Grab 'em hot !
What you think money grows on trees in Pune? Or maybe I should send you my CV hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
I suppose you should wait before short listing the options. 4-5 years is a long time to decide on a car. New engines, better technology, heck even newer players could come into the market!
Why V6? There could in all probability, be a V8 in the market by then!
Wow you think?

Quote:
For now, how about the V6 Superb that we have been dying to TD .
Yup that's in the list. When are we going for that blasted TD ?

Edit: Just saw Guderian's edit. My Swift is being used by a good friend, colleague and fellow BHPian who is in between overseas postings. Hence the side-by-side shot!

Last edited by noopster : 5th August 2011 at 14:50. Reason: deleted third smiley
Old 5th August 2011, 14:55   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well...am already a "bigamist" so what they gonna do? Hang me twice?

Nope - you'll be doing that yourself !

Can't wait! There are BOUND to be some killer offerings in that segment soon. It's way sparse right now.

Or wait for the seconds to start coming into the used car market ? Only thing worrisome is the maintenance costs in these beauts.

T.Fort for sure in the "today" list: gizmowise a disappointment but that 3 litre engine makes up for it. Sorry for the omission!

Funny, but I don't think the TFort fits anywhere in your wishlist.

What you think money grows on trees in Pune? Or maybe I should send you my CV hehe.

Or come to Mumbai. They say the streets here are paved with gold. I should know - been hunting for one of those streets for a long, long time !

But do start planning for that SUV !

Quote:
Edit: Just saw Guderian's edit. My Swift is being used by a good friend, colleague and fellow BHPian who is in between overseas postings. Hence the side-by-side shot!
Curses ! You mean no juicy story in there ? Was waiting for it to make my weekend !

Last edited by Guderian : 5th August 2011 at 14:59.
Old 5th August 2011, 17:11   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
D segment for sure: am thinking around 25-30 lac OTR, give or take. Could be more (hopefully)
  • Either SUV or sedan, not sure which. That price segment is hotting up and I for one am keeping a keen eye open.
  • It MUST have a sunroof. This request is from my daughter but I'd be lying if I said it didn't excite me either.
  • 2 litre plus engine, around 180 BHP. Most likely a diesel but could possibly be a petrol V6 if I can afford it!
  • As insanely gizmoed as it will allow (unless of course the electronics mess with the engine)
  • Luxe brand: ideally a Jag or Bimmer or Audi. But commonsense may prevail and the likes of Hontoyota or Skoda/VW may also be in the reckoning. Or perhaps the new-to-the-party Frenchies.
If I apply these criteria to today's market, I have a surprisingly short list to choose from. BMW X1, Skoda Superb, maybe the Nissan Teana and Honda Accord V6. At a stretch, the 320D CE or A4 (but not in the engine I want). Can't help but think that waiting is a better option: in 2016 the choice set may well be more delicious!
Agree with Guderian , it should be a SUV ! Vento can be "Swiftified" and the SUV should be awesome to enhance the road presence After seeing your post, I have started dreaming / planning too !
BTW, I have heard that Merc has launched the option to lease their cars , sounds exciting if it works the same way as it does abroad . Lets see how it pans out .

Quote:
Or come to Mumbai. They say the streets here are paved with gold
I guess the Gold is hidden in the craters called pot holes thats so abundant - no wonder we can't find them
Old 5th August 2011, 18:02   #381
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Time to make the next list then! Keep in mind that this purchase is probably 4-5 years down the road by which time the Swift will almost certainly have been retred to some funny farm (but you never know...!)

Here goes:
  • D segment for sure: am thinking around 25-30 lac OTR, give or take. Could be more (hopefully)
If I apply these criteria to today's market, I have a surprisingly short list to choose from. BMW X1, Skoda Superb, maybe the Nissan Teana and Honda Accord V6. At a stretch, the 320D CE or A4 (but not in the engine I want). Can't help but think that waiting is a better option: in 2016 the choice set may well be more delicious!
Excellent stuff – great forward planning indeed.

But look at the changes in our auto industry in past 3 years. In next 4-5 years, the changes could be three-fold!

Here is what I think on the points mentioned:
  • D-Segment: The next gen 5-series will still be in D-segment.
  • SUV/Sedan: I feel it will be a sedan. If my predictions are true, the next gen 5-series will continue to be a sedan
  • Sun-roof:Of course, 5-series have that.
  • MT: May not be. Unless you go for the M5 with MT
  • 2L plus engine: Doubtful. The 5-series could come with 200+ bhp, 1.4 L four-pot motor!
  • Insanely gizmoed: It will be for sure.
  • Luxe Brand: Not sure, with the way BMW is going, it maybe the people’s car in 2016
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2011, 21:40   #382
BANNED

[quote=akshay1234;2361234 But there is one thing I think all of you can improve on, the number plates. Why not get the embossed ones? It will look a whole lot better.[/quote]

My +1 to that. Please put some HSRP's. They look great on white cars.

Great thread. Read the whole of it and rated it 5 Stars.
Live To Jive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2011, 00:13   #383
Senior - BHPian

Noops you got me going with your thought there.
But 4-5 years down the line who knows what we will be driving. If fuel prices continue to rise the way they have been. You shall find me in an electric vehicle in 2016. And one that will have pedals too. For the long ranges i would ask from it. LOL!
i like VB's humour.
Yes we all know Noops was / is gunning for the 5.
on a very slow connection on my android so the side by side pic is refusing to open up.
But one thing for sure Noops.
Let me be the friend who gets to borrow the 5 or exotic when you do get it.
I am a friend and am on Team-BHP too.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2011, 09:51   #384
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2016 is a good choice as the neo-wave theorists predict a new bull market to commence in that year.

If I were in your shoes (big one those), I would put my money on a Camaro or Mustang, which should be available by then. After all, you deserve one real muscle for yourself.
Old 6th August 2011, 11:44   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
If I were in your shoes (big one those), I would put my money on a Camaro or Mustang, which should be available by then. After all, you deserve one real muscle for yourself.
Hey dot,
That Mustang... back in 2007 had driven a black Mustang V6, base model 2005 4.0 L (IIRC 200 BHP), belonging to a colleague. Phew some stuff that ! At that point of time I was driving my rented GM Impala - which after the Mustang felt like a lump of metal ! Which before the Musty to me was a great thrummer. A snap of the Impala (with Noops permission - post facto):
My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-dsc02736.jpg

What also bothers me is the fact you keep taking a dig at Noops' flab. Any particular reason ?
Old 6th August 2011, 12:58   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ He said big shoes. You know what that is a euphemism for, I hope

dotty, Mustang if it ever makes it to India will be in the Evo segment and that is ridiculous pricing if you ask me.

Saw a 525d (non-BHPian) parked outside Vohuman where we just finished another nice Pune meet (breakast one this time). Missed you guys: dot, mdssab, Guderian. That car definitely speaks to me: vb-san is right!

Back to Fraulein, I just got an ownership survey feedback form from VW in the mail. Pretty detailed feedback requested on aspects like transmission, engine, AC, displays, seats, interiors, exteriors and audio on a nice glossy paper. Looks like VW is committed to quality, which is a good thing.
Old 6th August 2011, 13:38   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. He said big shoes. You know what that is a euphemism for, I hope

2. Missed you guys: dot, mdssab, Guderian. That car definitely speaks to me: vb-san is right!

3. Back to Fraulein, I just got an ownership survey feedback form from VW in the mail. Pretty detailed feedback requested on aspects like transmission, engine, AC, displays, seats, interiors, exteriors and audio on a nice glossy paper. Looks like VW is committed to quality, which is a good thing.
Yo noops,
1. He also mentioned - you deserve one real muscle for yourself. Me thinks he thinks you got none. Real muscles.

2. Burp in peace !

3. The same thing was carried out by Toyota for the TFort - but in a face to face interview. Yeah for continuous improvement.

Last edited by Guderian : 6th August 2011 at 13:40.
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2011, 14:33   #388
Senior - BHPian

I see Noops in a 5 before 2016.
and then i also see myself being the lucky guy who gets to borrow it when Noops is somewhere in Ladakh in the back of a qualis. This guy is a gem. He even left me his credit card in the glovebox for gas. Aren't day dreams wonderful.

Would have loved to have been there but am out of town. Vohuman being one of my favourite breakfast joints. When Guderian comes down next we should take him there.

For the Civic i got a call, on the other line a gentlemen asking me for a time which he could call back as he wanted my valuable feedback. I was free at the time and so asked him to shoot ahead.
He asked a 101 questions about various aspects of the car and the dealer experience too.
I thought it would be a short while. but the questions just wouldn't stop. Was getting bored by the end of it. Anyways that's how Honda did it.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2011, 08:57   #389
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What also bothers me is the fact you keep taking a dig at Noops' flab. Any particular reason ?
Quote:
^^ He said big shoes. You know what that is a euphemism for, I hope
Quote:
1. He also mentioned - you deserve one real muscle for yourself. Me thinks he thinks you got none. Real muscles.
Sirjis, they say that the brilliance of any modern art lies in interpretation. I think my job is complete.

Changing topic, a muscle car is an ultimate fantasy. If that fantasy can be achieved, why not then. Today i saw a //M coupe at an Houston BMW showroom. What engine note, what exhaust sound. A few days back a Camaro blew us away on the road, what delicious noise, aha.

Last edited by dot : 7th August 2011 at 08:58.
Old 10th August 2011, 13:45   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Sirjis, they say that the brilliance of any modern art lies in interpretation. I think my job is complete.

A few days back a Camaro blew us away on the road, what delicious noise, aha.
While we are on the topic of interpretation, care to explain the blowing part .

I told you so on FB. Get us one of those (muscle cars, not the blowers) while coming back, will ya?

Noop, I agree. Instead of a 5 or the likes, get a real muscle car. You need one. For the price of the 5, I am sure, options open up quite a lot!
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks