Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2011, 16:51   #421
BHPian

re: My Fräulein arrives: Vento AT *Updated* 15000 km & first service update

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

In related news, my Metallica tickets are finally booked so Fraulein will make a trip to Bangalore just after Diwali!

I
and Shadowfax would be here to Welcome you!
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 00:12   #422
BHPian

Hi noops.
Great going, 9k done already!
Congrats. I'm sure all these miles have been nothing but memorable !

OT - u going for the Metallica concert in Bangy? Let me know if we can do a road trip together. Will be fun. Cheers.
Old 18th August 2011, 06:41   #423
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I do think the car looks awful without its badges and am seriously considering putting them back on. But I can't bear the thought of some idiot with a screwdriver molesting my baby again!
You have to let go of such fears. It reminds me of ' Finding Nemo'. Stop being an over protective father and get those badges back!

Quote:
Checked out the new Jetta launch thread and was cackling to myself that the big brother doesn't even seem to have a climatronic ("climatic" with plug-ugly knobs instead). Vento= sheeer VFM. @drmohitg, if you're reading, you made the right choice!
You write something and I dont read it? Impossible. I will only be free this weekend so will check out the car then. But yea I hate those knobs. Even the comfortline has the same stuff. Overall I felt if its the Jetta the trendline makes the most sense. What say?
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 07:58   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

Yup, Jetta trendline is an overgrown version of the Vento, with some additional features (both seats height adjustable etc.) Comfortline surprisingly is not wort the extra money, while Highline is just extravagance.

@Monaro- we'll talk. I am already making a roadtrip of it with my band guys.
Old 18th August 2011, 11:14   #425
Senior - BHPian

New Jetta has been a let down allright. Vento is so VFM in that sense.

You headed to the concert? Good, have fun. Make that into a TL. The road trip and the concert would be fun to read. The family tagging along?
Old 18th August 2011, 22:18   #426
BHPian

Quote:

@Monaro- we'll talk. I am already making a roadtrip of it with my band guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post

You headed to the concert? Good, have fun. Make that into a TL. The road trip and the concert would be fun to read. The family tagging along?
Noopster, are you a musician!!?? Love you Mate!

Come out with an Exclusive. And how the serious Vento mellowed down after hearing all that music etc.

Last edited by charthom : 18th August 2011 at 22:19.
Old 3rd September 2011, 14:22   #427
BHPian

How are you coping with the tyre noise noop? I have just covered 10k and the tyre noise on express highway is unbearable. also have you checked your coolant levlels? do let me know if they are normal.
Old 3rd September 2011, 16:26   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Damn you read minds or what? Was just gonna ping you. The noise is driving me insane. Yesterday I ran out of CDs and FM has the usual inanities so switched HU off for some peace...only to hear that horrible slurpy sound the Aceleres have started to make. It's getting louder by the day (am at about 9700+ now). Am wondering if I should change at first service rather than wait for 2 years/30K like I'd been planning.

Coolant level was checked and topped up at the monsoon meet- nothing abnormal.
Old 4th September 2011, 19:06   #429
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In related news, my Metallica tickets are finally booked so Fraulein will make a trip to Bangalore just after Diwali!
awesome. Till a week back I would have told you I'd be accompanying you with my vento too for the same reason. Its a beautiful route, boss.

Now have booked Gurgaon metallica tickets, thanks to the F1 race.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 4th September 2011 at 19:10.
Old 12th September 2011, 18:49   #430
Distinguished - BHPian

Quick update: odo clicked over the 5-digit mark today. Happened exactly at the point where I turn into my office route (Wakad flyover turning in towards Hinjewadi), which is apt since that's where she spends most of her time

Took a quick BB pic at the office parking lot- flash wasn't switching off for some reason, so forgive the shoddy quality.

My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-10000milestone.jpg
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 18:57   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quick update: odo clicked over the 5-digit mark today.
Congrats on crossing the 10k mark. Any difference felt over after covering this milestone compared to when the car was all new?
The avg on MiD doesn't look promising though, traffic at Pune and AT really takes toll on mileage.
Out of curiosity whats the green colored light/symbol on the right side of speedometer?
Old 12th September 2011, 19:43   #432
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks a lot! It definitely feels smoother than it did earlier, as the engine has now opened up a lot more. FE has also improved a bit since the early days.

Incidentally, 9.3 kmpl is pretty par for the course on my daily commute. If I throw in the occasional Mumbai trip on e-way, it goes up to around 11 kmpl. But in the city the best you should expect is around 10 kmpl (Mumbai it will be around 8!).

The green coloured symbol comes on when the car is in P. It is a "depress brake pedal" icon. A little pointless I know, but I like that the car has symbols and indicators for every conceivable thing
Old 12th September 2011, 21:20   #433
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot! It definitely feels smoother than it did earlier, as the engine has now opened up a lot more. FE has also improved a bit since the early days.
Wow, thats a pretty quick 10k. The last (and only) time I drove the Fraulein was when she was in 3ks. I would love to see how the engine has opened up as she was pretty nippy at that time already.

Quote:
but I like that the car has symbols and indicators for every conceivable thing
Is there a symbol for..
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 23:04   #434
BHPian

A second congratulations!! See, I knew the number would pass without any incidents!

Meanwhile, I crossed 5100 kms a couple of days back. However mine was not without an incident. Had a scratch on the left side of rear bumper from a driving school car, inspite of being extra careful around the moron trainer (yes, the trainer was driving!). Had a verbal fight and got some monetary compensation for the precious loss of overstocked carbohydrates and heart bruised by the first scratch!
Old 13th September 2011, 01:15   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
You have to let go of such fears. It reminds me of ' Finding Nemo'. Stop being an over protective father and get those badges back!

You write something and I dont read it? Impossible. I will only be free this weekend so will check out the car then. But yea I hate those knobs. Even the comfortline has the same stuff. Overall I felt if its the Jetta the trendline makes the most sense. What say?
Dr saab! Although you seem to have an inclination towards Comfortline, I will still say the the Trendline is best VFM. The only real thing you miss is the steering controls, which are present on the Comfortline. I also think that's its a good thing that Trendline doesn't have leatherette seats. It gives you a perfectly good opportunity to get 'Stanley leather' for 30-35K. There is no way, you should have 'fake' leather in a 16-18 lakh rupree car. The bare seats are better than that (although I have to admit that a layman wouldn't even be able to make out)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks