Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2011, 22:55   #271
Senior - BHPian

re: My Fräulein arrives: Vento AT *Updated* 9000 km update"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
1. If I knew that @Guderian would ask us to lift bonnets, I would have been extra careful.

2. Nevertheless, I am going to emulate the Admiral once my baby comes back.
Hey dot,
1. Please clarify that it was the bonnets of the cars. A casual reading of that sentence is highly misleading and could lead to a misconception about my intentions. Thank you.

2. Believe me it is worth every minute you invest !

My apologies to Noopster for running riot on his thread and preaching my gospels here.
Old 24th May 2011, 14:47   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

@subodh- thanks for the review. Have posted on that thread as well. And you should clean the engine by now and then yourself- the Vento cleans up easy and it's very easy on the eyes as well!

@HG- you're quite welcome to my thread, believe me the entertainment value has soared since you started frequenting this joint!

I am seriously considering putting both my logos back on- the car looks so forlorn without her jewellery! But on second thought, better not.
Old 24th May 2011, 17:19   #273
Senior - BHPian

And the laugh riot spills over to Noopster's thread..... hmm maybe a bad choice of words.
Noops the engine bay looks like a job well done. Also i like the way you just snap that logo on and off, sort of a character trait.
Old 24th May 2011, 19:32   #274
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hey dot,
1. Please clarify that it was the bonnets
Yes, it was.

Hey I took half an hour to construct the sentence appropriately.

After a good wash during 40k service, my Scrop's engine bay is sparkling. This is a good point to start and take the good work forward.
Old 25th May 2011, 09:19   #275
BHPian

The vento accumulates quite a lot of leaves though. Where i park at my office, there is a tree just above the car and all the leaves and seeds and what not gets collected near the engine bay :( but i agree with Dot. Need to start sometime and keep it going.
Old 25th May 2011, 12:41   #276
BHPian

PLease delete post mods. By mistake got posted twice

Last edited by subodh : 25th May 2011 at 12:43.
Old 2nd June 2011, 08:50   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

June's here and no sign of the heat abating. We had one set of showers resulting in a massive traffic jam and in the crawling speeds, my baby returned an unimpressive 3.3 kmpl on the MID .

Funnily enough, am using the Swift a lot more these days: the AC is a ral chiller and highly effective in these climes. For some reason I am not getting very comfortable with the Climatronic at 40 deg C. I need to keep it on the "LO" setting for at least 20 mins to get comfortable and that makes it very noisy inside the cabin, not to mention sends my FE for a toss.

Once it cools down a bit, it should be fine. I've also started car pooling to work with a friend, so the usage has gone down a bit.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2011, 14:44   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

6000 km up! Took me 4.5 months which is not bad. As I said, usage has slipped because I am pooling with a friend now and we usually get the Swift. Need to plan some long trips now that the monsoons are here!

Noticed some increase in NVH- not sure if this is normal or something to worry about. In peak summer I got the feeling that the car felt underpowered and was dragging a little. Perhaps it's caused by the AC getting overworked that puts a load on the engine?

I need to take the Fraulein for her touch-up Teflon coat but before that need to try some rubbing compound on the rear bumper to get rid of that blue paint she picked up in the rear-ending incident. Guderian's touch-up pen job is yellowing rapidly and sadly not looking good at all now.

Will probably get the oil checked and topped up same time. I was suprised I didn't get an invite to the Summer Camp that a lot of Vento owners reported receiving. So much for AT owners being given preferential treatment! Well, it's all for the best since I don't want them mucking about my baby's insides without cause.

Another update- I have put the new ICE plan on hold for now. As much as I admire the HUs of Subodh (Motevo) and AnkitParashar (Witson) not to mention the Caska that my accessories guy is giving me a good deal on, I am skeptical that a Chinese brand is actually worth over 40K. Have taken jealousdiamond's advice and burnt a few MP3 CDs for the car as of now. Also exploring the option of adding components up front.

Mumbai-Pune TBHP mega meet happening this Saturday but Fraulein will not be part of the party, looks like. Reason is GTO said he's rather see the Swift! Will be fun ripping the Swift on the old NH4 as well.

Edit: mods, can you pls update thread title to reflect 6000 km please? Thanks!

Last edited by noopster : 9th June 2011 at 14:48.
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2011, 14:54   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
1. Noticed some increase in NVH- not sure if this is normal or something to worry about. In peak summer I got the feeling that the car felt underpowered and was dragging a little. Perhaps it's caused by the AC getting overworked that puts a load on the engine?

2. Guderian's touch-up pen job is yellowing rapidly and sadly not looking good at all now.
Hi Noops,

1. Have the air filter cleaned for the NVH issue and see if it makes a difference.

2. Sorry to hear that. What you could do now is to apply some F-1 Scratch Out and clean it and then polish it with a car wax and you'll see it is back to its normal white self.
(Such racial intolerance I tell you. So what's wrong in being a little yellow or brown ? Everyone wants to be fair or white !)

And before the post ends - congrats on touching the 6 K mark !
Have fun.
Old 17th June 2011, 16:32   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

My 1000th post on the forums, so decided to make it on the "home" thread .

Not much to report, really- need to take Fraulein into the shop for the jobs Herr General suggested (thanks HG!). Right now the Swift is doing most of the monsoon commuting duties, while Fraulein stretches her legs for the family runs and weekends.

Was waiting for a friend in our office parking and took some pics- thought I'd share them. Sorry for pic quality- shot in fading light with a mobile cam.

Parked with the T-BHP flag flyin' high!
My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-005.jpg

Minor annoyance- the awkward position of the IRVM, takes a lot of getting used to:
My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-008.jpg

Another weird thing: the suggested tyre pressures are absolutely ridiculous: for a lightly-loaded car it's 32F/29R and fully loaded is 35F/38R. Most Vento owners just stick to 33 all around- easier to remember!
My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-011.jpg

But there's plenty of nice stuff too: check out the laser-welded curved top of my baby- no need for silly rubber beadings and the like!
My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-007.jpg

My favourite view of the car- its awesome headlamp. Don't you think Fraulein looks like she's winking at me?
My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-009.jpg
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 16:40   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on the 1000th post ! So when are you passing the cigars around ? Senior BHPian eh ?

So what work are you getting done ? Meaning, what did I say ?
If it was that polishing that scratch and the air filter cleaning - I meant both by way of DiYs and not for you to be rushing to the V-WASS.
I guess even the Vento air filter can be easily removed and cleaned...
Old 17th June 2011, 16:45   #282
dot
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations @noopster de S-Bhpian.

I think your Vento looks good from any angle.

Edit: Never noticed the make of the tyres on Fraulein. What are they?

Last edited by dot : 17th June 2011 at 16:51.
Old 17th June 2011, 16:54   #283
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the S-BHPian title.

In the last two days, I saw your posts on many threads. Probably you were in a hurry to cover the last 10 odd posts. Nervous 990s.
Old 17th June 2011, 16:59   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
So what work are you getting done ? Meaning, what did I say ?
If it was that polishing that scratch and the air filter cleaning - I meant both by way of DiYs and not for you to be rushing to the V-WASS.
I guess even the Vento air filter can be easily removed and cleaned...
Oops.... As you know I am a complete noob with engines, gasoline OR diesel. Guess it can wait. Will get the scratch removal and polishing done maybe with Dot's DIY kit this weekend if he'll have me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Edit: Never noticed the make of the tyres on Fraulein. What are they?
Apollo Acelere 185/60R15. They're pretty nice, contrary to what I'd imagined. These days Ventos also come with OE JK Rocks...errr, I mean Tornados.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Congrats on the S-BHPian title.

In the last two days, I saw your posts on many threads. Probably you were in a hurry to cover the last 10 odd posts. Nervous 990s.
Dude stop stalkin' me . And sssh...! Please don't give away these trade secrets.
Old 17th June 2011, 17:22   #285
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Was waiting for a friend in our office parking and took some pics- thought I'd share them. Sorry for pic quality- shot in fading light with a mobile cam.
A good post to complete a landmark. Good going indeed

Got a question on the Vento. How useful is the lever behind the front passenger seat (to liberate space for the left rear passenger)? When I saw it in the reviews, it looked pretty cool, and thought why other manufacturers are not getting this on. But just want to know if it’s easy to work in real-time. Thank you.

Note: And just noticed that we joined the family around same time!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks