Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2011, 15:42   #346
BHPian

re: My Fräulein arrives: Vento AT *Updated* 9000 km update"

Hey Noops, nice pics man.
You seem to have all the time in this world on weekends (compared to me), just kidding.
About the logo's; I think this fever in Pune as gone off late. I see many VW's with logo's intact nowadays.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 18th July 2011 at 15:44.
Old 18th July 2011, 16:43   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

On an unrelated note, we got a fairly credible tip (from a disgruntled sacked driver in our building) that Fraulein's logos were in fact flicked by our carwash guy. So parked all thoughts of reattaching them for now.
Wow. This is a good tip. Can you pass it off to the society secretary (if there is one); even if ain't true 100%, it'll atleast keep people on their toes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Hey Noops, nice pics man.
You seem to have all the time in this world on weekends (compared to me), just kidding.
About the logo's; I think this fever in Pune as gone off late. I see many VW's with logo's intact nowadays.
Thank god! I hope it stays that way!

Btw got a query to you guys - am in a bit of a soup.

Basically, to cut the story shot, I am out of a parking spot - and I live in a slightly sleepy suburb of Pune - new Sanghvi. I live in a 2-storey bungalow (owner on ground floor), and the only parking option is in front of the house on the road. The road is relatively less used road, with houses on one side, and the military (empty) land on the other side. So parking space is not an issue.

I haven't yet once pushed the Vento sales guy to deliver the car for that reason only - and the only other option for me is to shift to a house with a parking; which for a host of other personal reasons I don't want to.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

OT : Noopster - sorry for hijacking your thread, but since you were discussing about stolen logos, felt the discussion was apt.
Old 18th July 2011, 22:31   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

Sure man. All welcome here and as long as we stay on-topic all is well!

I highly recommend you move to an apartment with dedicated parking and security. Imagine my case: the damn logos got flicked when parked in my dedicated parking within 30 feet of the security guard sitting there! But never fear- I created such a ruckus (on mine and others' behalf, notably the Uncle whose Merc logos got broken off...ARGH!) that they changed the whole security agency.
Old 18th July 2011, 22:59   #349
Senior - BHPian

Whoa way to go noops. You got the security agency.changed. I too have noticed a lot of VW's and skodas with their logos intact these days. And thats a good sign.
Old 19th July 2011, 01:41   #350
BHPian

Hi Noops!

Guys if ya'll remember, 2-3 months ago the cops nabbed a gang of youngsters in Warje with quite a few sacks full of stolen car logos.
Ever-since, the logo stealing incidents seem to have one down in Pune.

I for one have lost both the logos (front and rear) of my Skoda within a span of 2 weeks. Thought I'd lose the new replaced logos too.
But thankfully (fingers crossed), haven't seen that day yet.
Maybe them guys don't like the replacement ones, just the OE ones.

Last edited by Monaro CV8 : 19th July 2011 at 02:04.
Monaro CV8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 11:00   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Hi Noops!

Guys if ya'll remember, 2-3 months ago the cops nabbed a gang of youngsters in Warje with quite a few sacks full of stolen car logos.
Ever-since, the logo stealing incidents seem to have one down in Pune.

I for one have lost both the logos (front and rear) of my Skoda within a span of 2 weeks. Thought I'd lose the new replaced logos too.
But thankfully (fingers crossed), haven't seen that day yet.
Maybe them guys don't like the replacement ones, just the OE ones.
Ah, so that's why logo thefts are on the downturn. Thanks for the info.
Too bad you had to go through the logo thefts too.
and that's a good one had me laughing out loud.
Old 19th July 2011, 11:18   #352
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I created such a ruckus that they changed the whole security agency.
Not sure if this ontopic or offtopic or extra topic; our apartment's security agency was changed after somebody stole the chairman's Superb's logo. Since then things have been fine, till I found someone messing with Scorpo's electrically foldable ORVMs. Special duty security was appointed to find out who is folding the mirrors every now and then (I hate flaccid ORVMs). Eventually it turned out to be the poor car washer.
Old 19th July 2011, 15:02   #353
BHPian

Hi Noopster. Last Sunday, I test drove the vento automatic over the same road you do your morning walk over. I live in Pimpri.

I am planning to buy the vento automatic in a month or so, but am afraid that no sooner than I buy it, they'll launch a new version of the car loaded with missing goodies (better ICE, navigation, start/stop switch (?), etc.). Is this something to be worried about? Also, is there anything else I need to consider/know before I buy this car? Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 19th July 2011, 16:50   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkb View Post
I am planning to buy the vento automatic in a month or so, but am afraid that no sooner than I buy it, they'll launch a new version of the car loaded with missing goodies (better ICE, navigation, start/stop switch (?), etc.). Is this something to be worried about? Also, is there anything else I need to consider/know before I buy this car? Thanks for your help in advance.
Hi Amit, congrats on the choice of the Vento AT. You needn't worry overmuch about the missing goodies since it is now increasingly obvious that the refreshed Vento will only arrive around April 2012.

The only surprises I've had with this car have been pleasant ones- and most of those are documented in this thread. I would caution you against one thing though: if you have long stretches of bumper-to-bumper stop-and-go traffic without a corresponding stretch of highway to balance things out, you may find the FE this baby returns really bad. Considering that the TDi returns 10-12 kmpl even in maddening traffic conditions, you wil be lucky if you even get 8 kmpl in an AT petrol Vento. With fuel prices being what they are, think hard before you take the plunge.

Also, I would recommend that you TD the AHNC AT or even the Civic AT (if buying used) since both of these are worthy alternatives to the Vento. The Verna AT though available in diesel is a 4-speed . The rest AT options (Altis, Laura, Cruze) price themselves out.

All the best.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 17:04   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster

Hi Amit, congrats on the choice of the Vento AT. You needn't worry overmuch about the missing goodies since it is now increasingly obvious that the refreshed Vento will only arrive around April 2012.

The only surprises I've had with this car have been pleasant ones- and most of those are documented in this thread. I would caution you against one thing though: if you have long stretches of bumper-to-bumper stop-and-go traffic without a corresponding stretch of highway to balance things out, you may find the FE this baby returns really bad. Considering that the TDi returns 10-12 kmpl even in maddening traffic conditions, you wil be lucky if you even get 8 kmpl in an AT petrol Vento. With fuel prices being what they are, think hard before you take the plunge.

Also, I would recommend that you TD the AHNC AT or even the Civic AT (if buying used) since both of these are worthy alternatives to the Vento. The Verna AT though available in diesel is a 4-speed . The rest AT options (Altis, Laura, Cruze) price themselves out.

All the best.
Though we just picked up an ANHC AT.
Sitting in Noops Fraulein. And from reading through practically the whole thread i am sure you will be pleased with the Vento.
And now Noops clears the air about the refreshed vento which is still quite a while away.
Did see the spy pics of the jetta which looks great now. Though it will be priced at a premium though.

P.S Noops, hey please visit the new ANHC thread. Missing you out there.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 19:29   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

Did the much-awaited "monsoon checkup" offered free by VW.

First of all: a big relief- the service experience at VW Pune seems a lot superior to the sales experience . I was half-expecting to be kept waiting for hours, told that my clutch needs replacement (don't have one!), advised to use better quality diesel (it's a petrol!) and a million such horrifying scenarios that kept playing in my head...but thankfully that didn't happen.

I'd taken an appointment 10 days ago and landed a few minutes after 10, my scheduled time. Was warmly welcomed by a service advisor named Sameer. I asked what the monsoon check-up entailed and he walked me through it patiently: oil check, coolant check and top-up, wiper fluid top-up (well not really, just 30 ml of it), wheel check, exterior wash, interior vacuum- that's it. And of course they'd let me know if something was amiss.

Sounded good. It looked a little dull at the service centre, not too many cars being serviced:
My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-img00075.jpg

Fraulein waited patiently for her turn in the bath:
My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-img00076.jpg

Oh my...that feels good!
My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-img00079.jpg

Loves getting all soapy:
My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-img00088.jpg

And getting towelled off later on is great too!
My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-img00096.jpg

Even those hard to reach parts in the back...
My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-img00098.jpg

This is what passes off for a loofah in these parts
My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-img00093.jpg

Looking good as new after it all:
My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-img00099.jpg

A matter of a few hours, and everything executed quite efficiently. When I asked if everything was ok, the SA commented that the car is being maintained well, which made my day.

Net expense: NIL. I specifically asked about the oil top-up, but they said it was absolutely fine. Prodded them about the TDI sucking up oil by the barrelful and they said it's probably because people ride the clutch a lot! I didn't pursue the argument since I was in such a good mood.

Score one for the pricy petrol then: 7500+ km and no oil top-up needed as yet.

Incidentally, it's exactly six months since I brought Fraulein home (and started this thread). Happy half-birthday!

Last edited by noopster : 22nd July 2011 at 19:31.
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2011, 02:52   #357
Senior - BHPian

That was a refreshing read Noops.
Glad to hear the service experience went well.
And not nightmarish. Aah. Takes a lot of tension and just throws it out the back window then.
Wishing Fraulein a very happy half birthday.
And oh yes. Strike one up for the petrol indeed.
Drive safe!
Old 23rd July 2011, 03:00   #358
BHPian

Happy 6 mnths with the Fraulen!

Did you get the underbody washed as well?
This is pretty useful specially in the monsoons, as the muck splashes onto the underbody, specially under the wheel arches and in the disc brakes.
Old 23rd July 2011, 07:26   #359
BHPian

@noopster, I can feel the "hushh" out of you after the pleasent service experience in the background of the recent aftermath threads.

Your Fraulein looks all refreshed and smiling.
Wish Fraulein a belated Half B'day & millions of safe miles.
Old 23rd July 2011, 07:35   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeah...it feels different somehow. My Dad always says getting the car serviced is like giving it a haircut! This was more like a quick wash and trim, but feels great nevertheless.

@Monaro, they used a high-powered water nozzle to spray the sides and wheels arches/ immediately accessible underbody. A whole lot of gook was freed up which probably explains why the car feels lighter now! Sad thing is that after I drove to work across town, the car was messy again. Oh well!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks