Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2011, 07:20   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My Fräulein arrives: Vento AT *Updated* 9000 km update"

Bala- it should be enabled from the factory. There is a pair of central locking buttons just at arm's length on the driver's door. The one closer to you should light up at about 10-15 kmph and you should get a gentle click sound as the doors auto-lock. Please check.

@Monaro- everything the same as your Octy except the 2-tug system: Vento has single-tug. In fact I am always surprised how similar the Octy/Laura feel to my Vento when I drive them: VW has maintained a fair bit of family feel without compromising too much in the name of costcutting!
Old 12th August 2011, 08:57   #407
Senior - BHPian

In Bold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
To quote an example of how things work in my octy - 1. The doors get auto locked over speeds of 10Kmph
2. locked doors can be opened from the inside with 2 consecutive tugs (just like the FIAT doors).
^^
Now
1. That's a good safety feature
2. That's bad. If you've got kids in the back. Gotta use the child lock then !
Totally agree.
Window wise:
1. all the four windows have the anti-pinch feature
That's really nice.
2. One touch roll up & roll down for the front two windows
This i can live without.
3. One can roll up or roll down all the windows without entering the car (or opening any door!)
My favorite Skoda feature. I was blown away when i saw it for the first time on the Fabia, yes i had not been to a Skoda showroom before then.
The manual also says that in case of an accident (like air bags getting deployed, or the crash sensor picking up an impact) all the doors of the car get auto unlocked.
Very useful and crucial indeed.
I bet the German's then, were thinking a lot to include these tit-bit features in a car.
Nowadays, I reckon its all about how to economize a car to sell in the Indian Market.

Bah!
I feel the Government should step in a regularize some of the safety features.
Maybe twin airbags up front and ABS
Old 12th August 2011, 12:16   #408
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Tell me about it. More than once I have had someone get out of my car and head back saying "Oh I forgot to roll the window up." I stop them with a smile and say, "No worries" then hold down my Lock button on remote.

Never fails to drop a jaw or two, believe me, when that stray window starts rolling up on its own!
Old 12th August 2011, 17:48   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Bala- it should be enabled from the factory. There is a pair of central locking buttons just at arm's length on the driver's door. The one closer to you should light up at about 10-15 kmph and you should get a gentle click sound as the doors auto-lock. Please check.

@Monaro- everything the same as your Octy except the 2-tug system: Vento has single-tug. In fact I am always surprised how similar the Octy/Laura feel to my Vento when I drive them: VW has maintained a fair bit of family feel without compromising too much in the name of costcutting!
Noopster,
I am with Bala on the locking thing. My vento doesnt lock automatically. Sometimes I lock it after driving a few kms. I think these are disabled by the dealer before sale?
On the tyre noise- it's a real irritant. I will have to wait for the tyres to wear out and then get 195/60 on michelin/bridgestone.
Cheers !
Old 12th August 2011, 18:32   #410
Senior - BHPian

Looks like this is exclusive only to Noopster's car. I posted this query in the official test drive thread and looks like the fellow members cars dont have this either.

Noopster - Did you activate this during monsoon check-up or any other visit to the service station? I think this customization is definitely possible via VAG-COM and hence my query.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
Noopster,
I am with Bala on the locking thing. My vento doesnt lock automatically. Sometimes I lock it after driving a few kms. I think these are disabled by the dealer before sale?
On the tyre noise- it's a real irritant. I will have to wait for the tyres to wear out and then get 195/60 on michelin/bridgestone.
Cheers !
Old 12th August 2011, 20:34   #411
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, please check the Vento test drive thread- have even posted the SOP and a video for ye doubting Thomases.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2466418

I haven't tinkered with the car, either through dealer or with VAG.com. Got it like this straight out of the showroom!

Last edited by noopster : 12th August 2011 at 20:36. Reason: Added link to post
Old 16th August 2011, 13:28   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish11 View Post
@Bh.p : While all the factors you considered are good, you should also compare contextual ones as well. For e.g. in my case, the anti-pinch feature on all 4 windows was important as my son (naughty brat) keeps playing with them and this was a good safety feature to have. In the City, I understand, this feature is available only for the driver side. So my suggestion is - make sure you have covered off all such factors as well in the comparison.
Sure krish11. Did consider all those features:
Remote boot lid open
Anti pinch on all windows
Remove window control
ACC
Lack of USB/Aux

These are wow features and I would love to have them. But the only reason I am going for a sedan is for those occassional long drives I plan to do. The ugly hump in the back makes that very uncomfy for the fifth person on long drives. Plus the unknown *** etc. have inclined towards City for now. Else Vento is a fabulous car as I could make out from the test drive. Can I chop off that middle hump, and get it serviced from a Honda (or rather Maruti) dealer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Those are interesting points you have put up.
please have a test drive thread and share your points after TD both.
Looking forward to having you on the Hooked and Booked thread.
and as Noops says we "Live to please" err maybe that didn't come out right
mdsaab, have been reading the great hooked-booked thread. and that is surely impacting my City decision positively. Thanks!
Old 16th August 2011, 13:38   #413
Distinguished - BHPian

9000 km up! Achieved this milestone on the long weekend trip to Mumbai. We had some friends along who wanted the full touristy treatment, so had a ball checking out places like Gateway of India, Erangal Beach etc., Juhu (Amitabh's bungalow, can ya beat that!) etc. that no self-respecting Mumbaikar ever checks out normally! Sadly, it rained so much that Fräulein was covered with an ugly coat of mud, so no pics.

I normally do the trip and back in one tankful but thanks to driving around in the city over the weekend had to top up in Mumbai. Did so at Siddivinayak IOC (near Kirti college) and felt an immediate drop in refinement and FE (about 1 kmpl). So will stick to Shell Super Unleaded since it does seem to have better characteristics than normal PSU fuel (some folks were saying it's the same fuel that Shell buys from the PSUs, but I don't care- I trust my own experience and instinct!)

The Vento AT is *not* designed for driving in Mumbai. Though the comfort was top-notch thanks to the auto-tranny and climatronic AC (works best in humid climes), FE returned in city traffic was a pathetic 5-7 kmpl.

Last edited by noopster : 16th August 2011 at 13:41.
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 13:51   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster
9000 km up! Achieved this milestone on the long weekend trip to Mumbai. We had some friends along who wanted the full touristy treatment, so had a ball checking out places like Gateway of India, Erangal Beach etc., Juhu (Amitabh's bungalow, can ya beat that!) etc. that no self-respecting Mumbaikar ever checks out normally! Sadly, it rained so much that Fräulein was covered with an ugly coat of mud, so no pics.

I normally do the trip and back in one tankful but thanks to driving around in the city over the weekend had to top up in Mumbai. Did so at Siddivinayak IOC (near Kirti college) and felt an immediate drop in refinement and FE (about 1 kmpl). So will stick to Shell Super Unleaded since it does seem to have better characteristics than normal PSU fuel (some folks were saying it's the same fuel that Shell buys from the PSUs, but I don't care- I trust my own experience and instinct!)

The Vento AT is *not* designed for driving in Mumbai. Though the comfort was top-notch thanks to the auto-tranny and climatronic AC (works best in humid climes), FE returned in city traffic was a pathetic 5-7 kmpl.
Hey Noops & Fraulein, congratulations 9K up already. Time sure does fly.
I do agree with you, shell fuel offers more refinement and somehow that oh so important piece of mind factor. But from my experience with the Civic, for some reason also sips more fuel. Can you imagine?

5-7 kmpl is very low indeed. I think it may have been a bit too crowded in Mumbai this long weekend and so may be the case. How was the flow of traffic? Were the signals working.or were the cops handling things?

BHP thanks buddy. Glad you liked the thread. Stay tuned for more. Btw was been updated with more Nitty Gritty's etc. Do check it out
Old 16th August 2011, 22:36   #415
dot
Senior - BHPian

re: My Fräulein arrives: Vento AT *Updated* 15000 km & first service update

Quote:
9000 km up!

Congrats on the 9k mark. Hopefully we will celebrate five-star Fraulein's five figure mark with permanent logos.
Old 17th August 2011, 00:25   #416
Senior - BHPian

Hi Noops,
9 K KMs eh ? My, my time does fly...
Just seems like yesterday when Fraulein was crawling around on her fours and putting things in her mouth and getting bumped in her rear and getting cleaned by dot.
Congratulations and keep them KMs flying and ticking.

Surprised at that Mumbai/city FE. Shouldn't it be more ? Even for an AT ? Is this the feedback from the other Vento AT owners ? Me thinks, in good faith, that you need to have it checked.

Last edited by Guderian : 17th August 2011 at 00:26.
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 13:56   #417
Senior - BHPian

9k so soon? Last week we were discussing the mark to be around 7k or so. Or was it 8k? FE drop in Mumbai is no new thing. Even the so called FE masters (Skoda) has an average drop of 2-3 km/l's.

I agree with Dotty. Put up the logos man. And like we spoke the other day, pick up new ones off Ebay. That ways, you have spare ones even if they get stolen and you do not pay the ridiculous 4k for those damn logos.
Old 17th August 2011, 14:51   #418
BHPian

Congratulations on the 10k mark! I am sure the next 1k would be pretty fast so congratulating in advance!
Old 17th August 2011, 16:14   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch
Congratulations on the 10k mark! I am sure the next 1k would be pretty fast so congratulating in advance!
At first i thought it was a typo. Then reading further realised what you meant.
Hey yeah Noops congratulations in advance. And ofcourse i will be on your wonderful thread when you post the 10K figure live.
Till then....
Drive Safe!
Old 17th August 2011, 16:34   #420
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Let's not jump the gun. Last time I did that (celebrated the 4K mark before it clicked over) a moron in an Alto banged me from behind when I was waiting in traffic.

In related news, my Metallica tickets are finally booked so Fraulein will make a trip to Bangalore just after Diwali!

I do think the car looks awful without its badges and am seriously considering putting them back on. But I can't bear the thought of some idiot with a screwdriver molesting my baby again!

Checked out the new Jetta launch thread and was cackling to myself that the big brother doesn't even seem to have a climatronic ("climatic" with plug-ugly knobs instead). Vento= sheeer VFM. @drmohitg, if you're reading, you made the right choice!

Last edited by noopster : 17th August 2011 at 16:36. Reason: added "headbanging" smiley!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks