Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2012, 23:45   #601
Senior - BHPian

Stock HU of the vento doesn't have any pre-outs, both pre and post refresh. No system expansion is possible unless you go for an very expensive solution such as MS-8 or Audison bit one.
Old 29th January 2012, 11:42   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster
I agree Ali. Stanley is the best. I have no regrets since what I did was pure VFM but check anilkalvani's Vento thread and you will see the difference!

And no, I haven't changed my stock ICE yet. Some nonsense about voiding the warranty etc. so thought I'd wait. Did seriously consider the Caska (around 48K) and Motevo (slightly cheaper, that you can check out on subodh's thread). But in the end decided it's just not worth it. AnkitParashar has imported and fitted a Witson in his car for half this price, so you may want to check that out as well.
Can you help me with the thread on Stanley.
Old 31st January 2012, 15:00   #603
BHPian

re: My Fräulein arrives: Vento AT- Update: 30,000 km/2nd service & new shoes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisiddiqui View Post
Can you help me with the thread on Stanley.
Ali, here is Anil's thread with the black Stanley seat covers --

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ce-report.html
Old 31st January 2012, 18:54   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subodh View Post
As I have said before, there are two aspects to ICE setup. One being your features look etc. the motivo system I have in my vento is loaded with features like:
Bluetooth telephone connectivity, USB, aux and iPod connectivity ports, sd card slot, navigation, video DVD play back, plays all kind of media formats plus looks very much oem to the extent that it shows VW logo when switched on.
The other side of ICE setup is the actual sound in terms of clarity and punch. For this you can add amps components and sub woofers.
IMO, the 2 most important things to consider while installing aftermarket audio are SQ or SPL. This will depend entirely on the person's choice of music. This will also go a long way in deciding the brand and quality of components to be installed.
As for what you've posted, looks, features and performance need not be mutually exclusive
Old 31st January 2012, 22:05   #605
BHPian

Noticed that the ac gets on fresh air if ac is off. Due to external smell coming inside. Since there is no indication, so is my guess. Can other vento users confirm this.
Old 1st February 2012, 12:47   #606
Distinguished - BHPian

Completed 18,000 km yesterday.

Over the weekend, my baby got a new set of eyes. As mentioned elsewhere, the stock headlamps on the Vento are woefully inadequate. I've had to use my foglamps nearly all the time to supplement that meagre throw. Rainy seasons are particularly treacherous: have had to pull over and wait out a storm or two last year.

My friendly neighbourhood accessories guy (FNAG) proposed I get HIDs with projectors. Bulbs are 6000K (white light).

This is the result:
My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-260.jpg

Got the headlamps smoked as well. The "eye shadow" visible in this pic (the real-life effect is more powerful)
My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-259.jpg

A closer look at the projector assembly
My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-258edit.jpg

I like the throw now- clean and white and powerful (though not blinding). No need for those fogs anymore!
My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-252.jpg

The corona ring effect is not visible in photographs: I need a better camera! But I got hordes of admiring looks for the "BMW lights". Apparently the FNAG got a couple of orders for them when my car was parked there waiting for me to pick her up!

Last edited by noopster : 1st February 2012 at 12:54.
noopster is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 13:14   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
My friendly neighbourhood accessories guy (FNAG) proposed I get HIDs with projectors. Bulbs are 6000K (white light).

Got the headlamps smoked as well. The "eye shadow" visible in this pic (the real-life effect is more powerful)
The corona ring effect is not visible in photographs: I need a better camera! But I got hordes of admiring looks for the "BMW lights". Apparently the FNAG got a couple of orders for them when my car was parked there waiting for me to pick her up!
Awesome Noop. Now even i'm getting tempted to get it done. Need to find a guy now in Bombay who does it. Any worries on the warranty front? Looks wicked dude!
Old 1st February 2012, 13:25   #608
BHPian

Congratulations noopster; it really looks kick-***.

The smoked headlamps looks very subtle and adds to the overall look.

If you don't mind sharing the costs of the install, it would benefit us all.

Thanks.
Old 1st February 2012, 14:09   #609
Team-BHP Support

Looks Jetta-ish (meaning good) from the front now. Which projectors are those, which brand HID, cost? Details
Old 1st February 2012, 14:30   #610
BHPian

This looks so cool. Can you post better pictures of the projectors?

One thing i noticed is that you have put back the VW logos. Finally the car got what it deserved.
Old 1st February 2012, 14:59   #611
Senior - BHPian

Noop, like I told you the other day - these look lovely!
It adds some character to the car now.
But yes, you need some better pics to show the actual effect of those lights.

@Akshay: Spot on! The car looks more Jetta-ish now.
Old 1st February 2012, 15:05   #612
BHPian

Hi Anup,
Those HIDs look too good. Jettaish yes certainly. Hey but I upgraded mine to higher wattage as the stock lamps are dull as you mentioned. I do quite a bit of night driving and those normal looking yellow bulbs but higher wattage do me a whole lot of good.
Old 1st February 2012, 15:06   #613
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Awesome Noop. Now even i'm getting tempted to get it done. Need to find a guy now in Bombay who does it. Any worries on the warranty front? Looks wicked dude!
Thanks. Am sure there will be plenty of guys who do this. PM me the details once you get a quote or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
If you don't mind sharing the costs of the install, it would benefit us all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Looks Jetta-ish (meaning good) from the front now. Which projectors are those, which brand HID, cost? Details
I actually thought it looks like the current-generation Honda City but yeah- the Jetta comparo is more apt.
If you go for a branded kit with 1 year warranty (I think the brand is P4) you pay something like 24K, plus the cost of smoking the lamps is another thousand or so. These are Chinese knock-offs, no brand, no warranty, cash deal I guess am getting a little adventurous now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramneek009 View Post
This looks so cool. Can you post better pictures of the projectors?
I will take some pics in the daytime and post here. Stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Hi Anup,
Those HIDs look too good. Jettaish yes certainly. Hey but I upgraded mine to higher wattage as the stock lamps are dull as you mentioned. I do quite a bit of night driving and those normal looking yellow bulbs but higher wattage do me a whole lot of good.
Thanks Ambi! That is probably a better alternative. I don't do much night driving except my daily commute which takes about 20 minutes at that time. But for someone who uses the lights a LOT I would also suggest playing safe and getting a trusted brand.

Last edited by noopster : 1st February 2012 at 15:11. Reason: Added a reply
Old 1st February 2012, 15:21   #614
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

I actually thought it looks like the current-generation Honda City but yeah- the Jetta comparo is more apt.
If you go for a branded kit with 1 year warranty (I think the brand is P4) you pay something like 24K, plus the cost of smoking the lamps is another thousand or so. These are Chinese knock-offs, no brand, no warranty, cash deal I guess am getting a little adventurous now.

Don't wanna spoil the party buttttt I wish you hadn't gone in for the chinese stuff. So the projectors and HIDs are chinese? Well you can enjoy it till it works . On a more serious note from whatever I have seen of these chinese projectors, the output is no good compared to the proper projector retrofits and is similar to the output from the taiwanese projector assemblies for the Swifts and Civics.

All depends on your luck. It certainly looks good, and you are happy so thats that.

Wish you had done a bit of research, friendly neighborhood accessory guys tend to push for the chinese stuff.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 1st February 2012 at 15:22.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 15:33   #615
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Akshay. I was certainly aware of the risks and have read up a bit on the lighting thread. But other members like naveen raju have gone this route and so I decided to take a leap of faith. Checked the look and feel carefully before installing: seemed fine. Grilled my accs guy thoroughly on the chances of failure and he as pretty straight with me, so went ahead in the end. Main reason is that I needed better lamps and these are MUCH superior to stock.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks