Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 5th November 2019, 23:07   #736
BHPian

Default Re: My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 125,000 km up and a new suspension!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster
This was a few days ago...could mine be the highest run automatic petrol car on the forum ya think?
Not yet mate .
Currently at 1,71,900 and still, I have an year left before it completes 15 years and then I'll be forced to scrap it.

My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 125,000 km up and a new suspension!-odo.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 5th November 2019 at 23:20. Reason: Picture inserted in-line. Typos.
Dhruv29 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 12:45   #737
BHPian

Default Re: My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 125,000 km up and a new suspension!

A gem of a thread! Read it from page 1. Being a November 2019 Rapid 1.6 owner I can relate myself lot with this thread. Clocked around 5500kms in 4 months.

My dad's friend who owns a 2013 Skoda Fabia 1.2 MT is running perfectly at 1.85L km with just a single breakdown due to an alternator failure when water entered the alternator due to heavy rain. You'rs may be the highest mileage for a Petrol Car in this forum.
gasinveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 16:36   #738
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasinveins View Post
A gem of a thread! Read it from page 1.
Thanks so much!

Car just crossed 1,30,000 km. I had some issues recently with noise coming from the engine and the Mechanix folks changed the tensioner and idler pulleys but it wasn't till they cleaned the timing cover (into which the PCV fits) that it finally went away.

More and more am patting myself on the back for the decision to retain this car for just a while more. It does the job, cruises nicely on the highway and is a joy in city traffic.

I see my friends upgrading to 20L crossovers and even 40L SUVs but they don't seem to get the pleasure out of it that they had anticipated. So for now, am quite content!
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 17:16   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

More and more am patting myself on the back for the decision to retain this car for just a while more. It does the job, cruises nicely on the highway and is a joy in city traffic.

I see my friends upgrading to 20L crossovers and even 40L SUVs but they don't seem to get the pleasure out of it that they had anticipated. So for now, am quite content!
My dad's friend says the same. He can buy one from the german trio anytime, But he says driving this car gives him pleasure that can't be unmatched. Keep driving, I hope to drive my 1.6 MPI MT to a similar mileage like yours in the next 7 years!
gasinveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 17:23   #740
BHPian

Quote:

I am at 1.24L kms with the TDI. And its been the same consistent car as ever. Just came back from a BLR-BOM-BLR drive and it still ticks all boxes of driving fun, efficiency and comfort. I am happy I did not sell it last year. I was in a dilemma and was looking to upgrade. With only Octavia as a option (but less attractive due to the new model due this year), I did well to put off my decision (other than the option of jumping into a pre-worshipped Jetta, if I could find one). I am not much into soft roaders either.
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2020, 12:42   #741
BHPian

Hi, I am at 1.73L kms with 1.6 TDI. A couple of questions as most discussions here are with respect to long term ownership -
1) has anyone faced temperature sensor issue is their Vento? Mine is a March 2012 TDI highline model and after a recent trip to Manali and Dalhousie (3 months back), my temperature sensor started showing variable readings in MID - it keeps on fluctuating in between -5c to 20c on its own. Further, I was surprised to see that the car ac stops functioning due to this! I thought that the temperature reading is only for external temperature and has nothing to do with ac working.
2) there has not been a single season when I had not to replace the vipers of my car. The service position coupled with every time the viper moves down before start on a dry glass surface seems to be the culprit. After sometime, the viper always stops cleaning properly for me (leaves a hazy screen with minute droplets still attached)
3) has anyone experienced vibrations while driving vehicle ONLY at certain speeds? Eg - as of now, I am seeing lot of pedal movement and vibrations only at around 80kmph speeds, not above or below that
Old 5th June 2020, 13:54   #742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I knew it would be a whopper but it still took my breath away when the estimate (and the eventual bill) arrived. It was close to 70,000/- including a complete suspension overhaul, transmission fluid replacement and servicing, car servicing and some issues related to leakage and idling.
Hey Anoop,

By any chance do you remember how much the AT fluid replacement costs?
My Vento has gone for the 8th service today and I have been asked to get the AT fluid replaced as part of service. The cost estimate for the same is around 10k. Just wanted to check if they are not fleecing me. (by the way, my car has done only around 36k at this 8yr mark! I asked them but they still insisted on having the gear oil changed, which is understandable as it is in 8th year service schedule. But do we really need to get it changed at just 36k KMs done?)
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 15:17   #743
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Hey Anoop,

By any chance do you remember how much the AT fluid replacement costs?
My Vento has gone for the 8th service today and I have been asked to get the AT fluid replaced as part of service. The cost estimate for the same is around 10k. Just wanted to check if they are not fleecing me.
10K sounds about right. At 8 years the AT fluid (in my case) was reduced virtually to a dry sludge and I was experiencing issues like jerky shifts and overheating. But in all honesty I don't think you need to change till at least 60,000 km run (mine was more than double that!)

If you can live with the cost, please go ahead and change it.
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed