Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2011, 11:19   #16
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience

[quote=lejhoom;2248826]
Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united

Congratulations. The photo (1376) posted earlier looks very arresting. Figo looks like a full-sized sedan, well planted.

Cheers.
Thanks lejhoom
Yeah, it is indeed very spacious!
Old 2nd March 2011, 06:44   #17
BHPian

I asked this question some time back. Is it easy for a tall person, 6 ft plus to get in and out of the car? How is the ingress /egress rating for FIGO?
Old 2nd March 2011, 12:12   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
I asked this question some time back. Is it easy for a tall person, 6 ft plus to get in and out of the car? How is the ingress /egress rating for FIGO?
I'm 5'7 and find it extremely comfortable getting in and out of the car. A friend of mine who is 6+ tried and gave me the same feedback too. the steering doesnt come in the way of the knee either. The cabin height is probably a bit less.
Old 15th March 2011, 16:10   #19
BHPian

update about a new problem.

I started facing gear shift problems for 3rd and 4th gears.
It just wouldn't go into the slot easily. observed this from 2 days back.
got it checked at my dealer, and after initial trial and check, they said they need to check the gear box and it will take more that a day. They will be picking up my car tomorrow morning.
I was also told that it might be due to the underbody hit that has happened when a stone hit my underbody! attached a pic of the same.
Anybody else faced this issue with the figo? any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience-image0663.jpg  

Old 15th March 2011, 16:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

About your gear slotting problem: I would suggest you begin with the linkages and cables. If your car has taken a big hit, then it is possible that something has just worked loose. Does it feel like you are stirring a spoon in a bowl of curds when shifting into 3rd and 4th? What about 4th to 5th?

Headlights: I upgraded mine too. The low beam, unfortunately, is still not quite all that brilliant. I think it is just the way the reflector is designed. Remember the old Ki-Ho could never illuminate the road correctly ... but a headlamp bulb upgrade worked wonders with my high beam. I can confidently cruise at 120 and see far enough.
Old 15th March 2011, 20:51   #21
BHPian

I own a Figo TDCI and now within 2 weeks of buying I have run about 1500Kms. I dont face much problems when shifting to Higher gears but car does not slot to reverse gear properly, Is there any special way to do it in Figo or am I missing something. I engage reverse gear, the parking light and RPS comes on but the car just wont move. Need to get back to neutral and really force it to slot in reverse.

I upgraded my headlights to 90/100 Philips bulbs, Low beam for city driving is pretty good, High Beams still is not up to my satisfaction on highways, I also have fog lamps which does make things a little better on highways. Overall not completely happy about it but can live with it.
Old 15th March 2011, 21:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
About your gear slotting problem: I would suggest you begin with the linkages and cables. If your car has taken a big hit, then it is possible that something has just worked loose. Does it feel like you are stirring a spoon in a bowl of curds when shifting into 3rd and 4th? What about 4th to 5th?
Didnt quite get the comparison
My problem is that the gear lever doesnt sit into the slot properly, It takes some adjusting before I can successfully change to 3rd and 4th. Other gears seem fine. 3rd to 4th and 4th to 3rd give issues.

Quote:
Headlights: I upgraded mine too.
cool. Upgraded to which bulbs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charansuki View Post
I own a Figo TDCI and now within 2 weeks of buying I have run about 1500Kms. I dont face much problems when shifting to Higher gears but car does not slot to reverse gear properly, Is there any special way to do it in Figo or am I missing something. I engage reverse gear, the parking light and RPS comes on but the car just wont move. Need to get back to neutral and really force it to slot in reverse.
changing to reverse is smooth if you change from the 1st gear. Even I was struggling with the reverse gear during my early days with the figo, then got to know that it is smooth if you change from 1st gear only. I guess it is intentionally done to avoid slotting into reverse by mistake from other gears! do try out and update.
Old 16th March 2011, 19:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

I upgraded to Philips H2 90/100 halogens as well.

As far as the "stirring a spoon in a bowl of curds" is concerned - imagine this. You have a big pot of set curds. Then, you put a long spoon in it, vertically, right in the middle. Then imagine the spoon is the gear lever, and shift. Do get any "feel" in your palms??
Old 17th March 2011, 20:59   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I am 6 feet and I find getting in and out to be OK. Could be improved if I could adjust the steering height upwards a bit. My other Car is a Scorpio, so I am not used to the door sil (where you usually have the scuff plates). I have to continuously keep cleaning the plastic there and the one on the center console. Will add pics of the points that I touch mostly and don't want to keep cleaning them.
Old 17th March 2011, 22:19   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
changing to reverse is smooth if you change from the 1st gear. Even I was struggling with the reverse gear during my early days with the figo, then got to know that it is smooth if you change from 1st gear only. I guess it is intentionally done to avoid slotting into reverse by mistake from other gears! do try out and update.
Thanks for the tip, I tried and it worked great but still think its could have been designed better. Dont think it was done intentionally by ford because if it was there would be a mention about in in the manuals. Anyway glad I got to learn something.
Old 18th March 2011, 11:35   #26
BHPian

Quote:
I upgraded to Philips H2 90/100 halogens as well.

As far as the "stirring a spoon in a bowl of curds" is concerned - imagine this. You have a big pot of set curds. Then, you put a long spoon in it, vertically, right in the middle. Then imagine the spoon is the gear lever, and shift. Do get any "feel" in your palms??
LOL.
apparently, it was just a minor adjustment. they have adjusted the torque on some nut(?) in the gear assmebly I had pointed out in the pic and some other cable adjustment. Car was picked up from home and dropped back same day. Will be checking it out tonight and update.

Quote:
Thanks for the tip, I tried and it worked great but still think its could have been designed better. Dont think it was done intentionally by ford because if it was there would be a mention about in in the manuals. Anyway glad I got to learn something.
Glad to be of help
Old 18th March 2011, 11:52   #27
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

why not try "blipping" the engine a bit before trying to slot the gear into reverse instead of 'forcing' it as you have written?

[quote=charansuki;2279651]I dont face much problems when shifting to Higher gears but car does not slot to reverse gear properly, Is there any special way to do it in Figo or am I missing something. I engage reverse gear, the parking light and RPS comes on but the car just wont move. Need to get back to neutral and really force it to slot in reverse.
Old 20th March 2011, 16:53   #28
RGK
Senior - BHPian

During normal running(after crossing certain rpm), 1st and Reverse will not get engaged.

To get reverse easily, press the clutch and pull the gear lever to your left and wait for 5 to 8 seconds and then push downwards to engage reverse.

Normally I dont force any position to get engaged except from 1 to 2nd. I make sure that it get to 2nd straight downward and not1st to neutral and then just push away and then push downwards.
Old 20th March 2011, 17:16   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Its specifically mentioned in the guide book (not the manual) that you need to wait for 3 secs prior to slotting into reverse and the Car should be stopped at that point.

Try blipping once prior to engaging, it might ease out a bit.

EDIT:-
Just saw Sankar advising the same.

Last edited by Sheel : 20th March 2011 at 17:19.
Old 21st March 2011, 16:23   #30

Quote:
I am pretty much close to 6 ft and equally broad as well . Getting in and getting out doesnt seem to be trouble at all! Actually have had the family of Ford's - initially was the Ikon where I found it easiest to get in and get out, felt a lil difficult in the Fiesta coz of it being too low, and now the Figo - no complaints at all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks