Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2011, 22:18   #31
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience

Got the 3M underbody anti rust coating done this weekend at Lathangi Ford Bangalore.
Cost was 3000/-
Got a free body wash as part of the anniversary campaign, and wax polish and dashboard polish free with the anti rust coating from 3M.
But it started raining soon after I came out of the service station after the polish
Old 12th April 2011, 12:24   #32
BHPian

Drove to Kanchipuram and Vellore over the weekend.
The road was just too good, and the drive was thoroughly enjoyable!
Loved driving constantly at 120, and the engine giving a feel that it still has a lot more to offer! max speed touched was 160, and the car was as stable as it can be!
Got a FE of 17 with 100% AC (absolutely necessary In this part of the country, at this time of the year!) and constant revving around 120.
super happy with the drive, FE, AC, music and everything else about the figo at the moment

Except perhaps the gear shift problem, which is back again. Will try to get it checked again during the weekend, or probably during the 20k service which is due after another 2k kms.
Old 14th April 2011, 10:56   #33

It s been a month time since my D.White Figo ZXI-TDCI joined in our family. So far i done 2250 KMs. First free service yet to be done. Between this, Suddenly 10 days before AC and Power windows stopped working. I 've got rectified under warranty [but it costs 2 and half a day].
Old 14th April 2011, 12:43   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezhilnambi View Post
It s been a month time since my D.White Figo ZXI-TDCI joined in our family. So far i done 2250 KMs. First free service yet to be done. Between this, Suddenly 10 days before AC and Power windows stopped working. I 've got rectified under warranty [but it costs 2 and half a day].
Congratulations on the buy.
What did they say the problem was, regarding the AC and power windows?
Old 16th April 2011, 20:22   #35
BHPian

Went to the service center to get the gear shift problem checked again.
The 1st and 2nd are still very difficult to slot.
They tried doing the TSB job again, adjusting the cables and adjusting the torque on the nut [All these were already done previous time, about 3 weeks ago], but the problem still persists, although it got slightly better.
They say they would have to dismantle the gear box, and check with the ford India helpline for solutions. They suspect they might have to replace the woodruff key. They told me they are not allowed to open up the gear box until they have clearance from ford India.
Could anybody tell how serious this is? the SA makes me feel that its a minor problem, but involves a lot of investigation and testing time. I am planning to leave the vehicle on monday. My figo has done 18k kms.
Old 16th April 2011, 21:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

Figo United, Are the shifts really hard compared to other figos?
Which ford A.S.S is working on your car?
Old 16th April 2011, 21:55   #37
BANNED

Figo United, take test drives of other figos to confirm the problem and then decide to leave the car.

Btw did you ever mess up while changing gears, like clutch pedal not pressed etc. type of problem?
Old 16th April 2011, 23:50   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Figo United, Are the shifts really hard compared to other figos?
Which ford A.S.S is working on your car?
Its really hard compared to how it was in mine itself for the last 7 months!
Even the A.S.S clearly accepts this is a problem and not just a situation where I am not happy with how smooth it is. it gets stuck while slotting and takes some adjustments before I can successfully slot.
I work with Cauvery Ford Mysore, where I bought it, but might leave the car at Cauvery Ford bangalore as I work there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Figo United, take test drives of other figos to confirm the problem and then decide to leave the car.

Btw did you ever mess up while changing gears, like clutch pedal not pressed etc. type of problem?
Thanks for replying mustang. Havent messed up changing gears like you mention. There was a underbody hit which you can see in the following post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2279237

Anything to do with that?
Old 17th April 2011, 09:59   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Thanks for replying mustang. Havent messed up changing gears like you mention. There was a underbody hit which you can see in the following post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2279237

Anything to do with that?
Seems like you hit the stone at about 50 Kmph, right?

Well it could be because of that as there might be a slight dislocation of the components inside the gearbox, Best is to get Ford India involved and change the gearbox within your warranty period.
Old 17th April 2011, 10:59   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Seems like you hit the stone at about 50 Kmph, right?

Well it could be because of that as there might be a slight dislocation of the components inside the gearbox, Best is to get Ford India involved and change the gearbox within your warranty period.
No, the hit was at low speed, infact just before parking.
ok, I shall leave the car and see what happens
Old 19th April 2011, 11:24   #41
BHPian

Update on the gear shift issue :

I went to Lathangi ford yesterday, since its on the way to work.
The SA took a test drive, and confirmed there is an issue. He said they will need to adjust the cables. I did inform them later that folks at cauvery ford had already tried it once [actually twice!].
Took delivery of the vehicle in the evening, and the gear shift is back to its smooth best I'm loving it again!
Wonder why such a trivial job was not done properly at cauvery ford in mysore, although they tried twice! Relieved that I didnt have to get the gearbox dismantled for this!
Really appreciate the lathangi ford service
Old 20th April 2011, 12:57   #42
Senior - BHPian

Most Major Problems diagnosed by the A.S.S could be solved in minutes. Thats my experience so far be it ford, Fiat or Maruti.
Old 21st April 2011, 13:27   #43
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Most Major Problems diagnosed by the A.S.S could be solved in minutes. Thats my experience so far be it ford, Fiat or Maruti.
I just rephrase your post with your permission like this, " Most Major Problems IF diagnosed CORRECTLY by the A.S.S could be solved in minutes. Thats my experience so far be it ford, Fiat or Maruti".

Figo_United: Congrats for the job done by another SC. Hope you are relaxed & relieved now.

Last edited by RGK : 21st April 2011 at 13:29.
Old 21st April 2011, 14:09   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I just rephrase your post with your permission like this, " Most Major Problems IF diagnosed CORRECTLY by the A.S.S could be solved in minutes. Thats my experience so far be it ford, Fiat or Maruti".
very true. From my experience till now with the ford A.S.S, Most of them seem to go by trial and error very often, unless its an issue already reported.
Infact, The first thing they tell me whenever I report a problem is whether they have seen that issue before or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Figo_United: Congrats for the job done by another SC. Hope you are relaxed & relieved now.
Thanks RGK! Yes, definitely relieved a lot.
Even after the delivery, I was still sceptical if the issue was completely fixed or whether it might reoccur. I have driven for 2-3 days now, and am conviced about the fix now
Planning to stick to Lathangi ford for the 20k service too.
Old 23rd April 2011, 01:33   #45
BHPian

congrats for the car and many more happy miles

Most Viewed