Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2011, 16:14   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report - The Story So Far !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post

Any source of information on the Diwali launch with ACC et al.? It should be a standard for cars in this segment, even i20 provides ACC now-a-days in all except for the base variant, which doesn't sell much anyway!

There goes my hope to buy a City in the near future!
I do not have any concrete info on whether Honda will update City with ACC feature. I am just making speculations that may be Honda provide this feature to beat the heat from competitors this festive season. Honda launched 'Exclusive' model last diwali.

You can go ahead with City; the manual AC is also very good and chilling. Now a days dealer are offering heavy discounts on all cars.
Old 17th May 2011, 16:26   #152
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I do not have any concrete info on whether Honda will update City with ACC feature. I am just making speculations that may be Honda provide this feature to beat the heat from competitors this festive season. Honda launched 'Exclusive' model last diwali.

You can go ahead with City; the manual AC is also very good and chilling. Now a days dealer are offering heavy discounts on all cars.
The "Exlusive" model just has some add-ons; not much tweaking to the electronics of the car. ACC would involve modification to the ECU, the centre console and the general electrical/electronics of the car.

I doubt they would do all this just because its Diwali.

No doubt the A/c is good but then you pay 9 lakhs for a premium car, right? Wouldn't you want to be spoilt?
Old 17th May 2011, 16:39   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The "Exlusive" model just has some add-ons; not much tweaking to the electronics of the car. ACC would involve modification to the ECU, the centre console and the general electrical/electronics of the car.

I doubt they would do all this just because its Diwali.

No doubt the A/c is good but then you pay 9 lakhs for a premium car, right? Wouldn't you want to be spoilt?
Unlikely by Diwali, possibly never. I could however pay a premium for factory fitted leather seats and the door chrome moulding that Exclusive offers (the ex-showroom in Bangalore is 9,92,700, if am not wrong). Outside, the leather seats and chrome moulding combo would cost around 35K+16K, whereas one just has to pay 40K odd in Bangalore for these on top on V MT.
Old 17th May 2011, 19:30   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Absolutely, at this price we would like to have couple of more features in addition to ACC like electronic mirrors (completely fold-able like in i20) and indicators on ORVMs. But disappointingly Honda doesn't provide features so easily. But I think its time for them to wake up as market has so many competitors. Their problem is worsening by ever increasing petrol prices. I still guess that they will surely update something in the car this festive season.

I basically forgive Honda just because of the fantastic engine they provide with their car and people more or less buy a Honda because of the engine only.
Old 18th May 2011, 20:56   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quoting from the other thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkateshs View Post
One can view the digital odometer on the HU display by pressing 3 buttons simultaneously on the music system. (please dont expect it to be like Civic)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post

Remember, if you activate this feature the music system cannot be used when it is in speedometer mode.
I checked this feature personally on my car today and yes it works. It shows the digital SPEEDO meter reading and not the ODO reading. It would have been great if music system works along with this. I don't know if this is a feature deliberately provided by Honda or it is founded just like those 'cheat codes' in computer games. Why they haven't mentioned anything in the manual? Attaching pictures of HU display. Also attaching one picture of the speedometer console which looks classy in night.
Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03436-fileminimizer.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03434-fileminimizer.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03423-fileminimizer.jpg  

Last edited by bluevolt : 18th May 2011 at 20:57.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 12:42   #156
BHPian

Quote:
I checked this feature personally on my car today and yes it works. It shows the digital SPEEDO meter reading and not the ODO reading. It would have been great if music system works along with this.
Well I always thought it to be a nice to know feature than use it, I came across it long ago but was never bothered to try it. Anyway, thanks for trying it out.

Quote:
I don't know if this is a feature deliberately provided by Honda or it is founded just like those 'cheat codes' in computer games. Why they haven't mentioned anything in the manual?
I think its more of a cheat code provided by Honda. Ofcourse they must be knowing it as it comes from ECU. Rather I would bet it must have leaked to public forum from Honda insider.
Its something like Scan Gauge providing speed info, here they are exploiting the HU for this purpose.

Quote:
Attaching pictures of HU display. Also attaching one picture of the speedometer console which looks classy in night.
The last console pic in darkness is really a great pic.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 19th May 2011 at 12:47.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 19:02   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rather I would bet it must have leaked to public forum from Honda insider.
Its something like Scan Gauge providing speed info, here they are exploiting the HU for this purpose.
I called Ring Road Honda, Pearl Honda to ask the service advisor about this feature but both the persons had no idea about this. When I called Honda help line number and asked about this, the person at call center too didn't gave any satisfactory reply. After couple of hours a person called me from Pearl Honda and told me that the function I am talking about is related to some diagnostics and insisted me to not to operate the vehicle beyond specified in owner's manual as if anything goes wrong then that may cause warranty issues.

PS - I guess people at Pearl Honda are too worried about warranty issues, eh!

Last edited by bluevolt : 19th May 2011 at 19:05.
Old 19th May 2011, 19:12   #158
BHPian

Quote:
After couple of hours a person called me from Pearl Honda and told me that the function I am talking about is related to some diagnostics and insisted me to not to operate the vehicle beyond specified in owner's manual as if anything goes wrong then that may cause warranty issues.
I don't think anyone from Honda India or its dealership network has any idea about it unless they are reading T-BHP or ACI forums.
This leak appeared first on ANHC Malaysia/Thailand forums may be an low level insider leak there.
They will always make a hulla-gulla citing warrantly issues if its not listed in user manual, its normal reaction when don't have any idea about it.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 19th May 2011 at 19:26.
Old 19th May 2011, 22:01   #159
BHPian

This must be something related to the svc option which the HU offers. Since the speed of the vehicle is required for this option then why not have an option to display the speed too?
Old 19th May 2011, 22:05   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post
This must be something related to the svc option which the HU offers.
Pardon please. I am not able to get you on this.

EDIT - aha! I got now. I think you are referring to the automatic volume control feature on high speeds? This feature increases/reduces volume of the music system depending on speed of the car (mainly for high speeds).

Last edited by bluevolt : 19th May 2011 at 22:09.
Old 19th May 2011, 22:49   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

Pardon please. I am not able to get you on this.

EDIT - aha! I got now. I think you are referring to the automatic volume control feature on high speeds? This feature increases/reduces volume of the music system depending on speed of the car (mainly for high speeds).
Yes. SVC stands for Speed sensitive Volume Control. It's the last option on the sound setting menu.
ajman28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 23:12   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post
Yes. SVC stands for Speed sensitive Volume Control. It's the last option on the sound setting menu.
And we team-bhpians are so intelligent.

So this is not a cheat code nor a feature leaked out by Honda insider.

I am quoting from the manual page number 122 for everybody's convenience “The SVC mode controls the volume based on the vehicle speed. The faster you go, the louder the audio volume becomes. As you slow down, the audio volume decreases". So the connection is between the music system and the speed sensor via the ECU.

Everything is clear now.

Last edited by bluevolt : 19th May 2011 at 23:13.
Old 19th May 2011, 23:20   #163
BHPian

Okay ...but still how would one come to know the combination button press on HU to reach the Digi Speedometer unless someone who knows the ECU access codes passes it over to outsider community.
If you see the button press combination is certainly we thought over and cannot be an accident to discover this undocumented key combination.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 19th May 2011 at 23:36.
Old 20th May 2011, 00:58   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
nor a feature leaked out by Honda insider.
Quote:
still how would one come to know the combination button press on HU to reach the Digi Speedometer unless someone who knows the ECU access codes passes it over to outsider community.
Yup I agree as the combination buttons are not that easy to be pressed accidentally. Either someone would be too intelligent to find this or this info is definitely provided by some Honda technical persons.

Anyhow one thing is clear that this is related with speed sensitive volume control feature for sure.

OK, I couldn't resist myself posting some pictures of the car. Here are some .
Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-anhc-3.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-anhc-4.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-anhc-1.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-anhc-2.jpg  

Old 20th May 2011, 09:32   #165
Team-BHP Support

The car looks stunning, as usual!

Btw, a lot of people have said the ribbon that manufacturers generally tie on the bonnet corrodes the paint and the shine; are you sure you wanna keep it tied there?

And somehow, the black strip is looking slightly out of place on the dark red. (Just my opinion). Probably a body coloured strip might have suited better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks