Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2011, 20:18   #421
Senior - BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

It’s raining here in Delhi/NCR for couple of days and I am not able to do a fresh wax and wash job on my Venus. But I observed today that even after standing overnight in rains the water is still beading on the car’ surface and that makes me feel quite relaxed.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-city-water-beadig-1.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-city-water-beadig-2.jpg

I last waxed my car on 23rd June and I am quite impressed with turtle wax’s capability of lasting this long. It’s over two months since the car was waxed and water is still beading. Turtle wax gets full marks for this and all the hard work while buffing it is worth. Team-mates, do give it a try.
Old 5th September 2011, 20:54   #422
BHPian

Anmol: I suggest you try Collinite 476 or 915 toppped with Collinite-845 you will never look at other Carnouba Waxes anymore.
Collinte915 gives very deep wet look on dark colours with very high durability.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 10:03   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele
Anmol: I suggest you try Collinite 476 or 915 toppped with Collinite-845 you will never look at other Carnouba Waxes anymore.
Sir, RS what do you propose for the white beauty?
I have never got the car waxed, just simple formula1 shine n protect n scratch guard single bottle was doing it's job but now it's almost empty. Please suggest.
Old 6th September 2011, 10:30   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Hi Abhijit,

I will definitely give collinite a try once my current stock (2 tin of turtle wax, 1 tin of formula one wax, one bottle of 3M liquid wax) gets exhausted.

I have read very positive reviews on collinite here on team-bhp.
Old 6th September 2011, 11:53   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Sir, RS what do you propose for the white beauty?
I have never got the car waxed, just simple formula1 shine n protect n scratch guard single bottle was doing it's job but now it's almost empty. Please suggest.
If you are really interested in Car detailing then here are the steps below; perfected for white or light colour cars.

If you are doing it for first time then be ready to sweat out on the first occasion thereafter the regular maintenance is just a breeze.

To being for first time detailing:
1) Wash with Car wash (Sonax Car wash is good).
2) Wash with ONR for stubborn grim (Opti No Rinse -Auto Mall).
3) Clay the car (Meguiar's Clay Kit -AutoMall).
4) Apply Paint Sealent to Protect the exposed paint (Meguiar's Nxt2 -let it cure for 8-12 hours and apply one more coat)
5) Apply Carnouba Paste Wax (Collinite476 - Optional Step - BBIMPEX/Auto Mall)
6) Insulator Wax - (Collinite845 - BBIMPEX/Auto Mall)

The above if done neatly will gaurantee you dazzling protection for 3-4 months; there after you can keep topping Collinite 845 every 3 months.

Carry on regular maintainence by sparing 5-10mins say every week by topping with Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer.

These steps are 100 times better than the so caller "Teflon" coating offered by dealers. Though the initial investment cost may be high but the per application cost is fraction of what the dealer charges.

For more information on Car Detailing please check the thread below which has loads of information. Please do post your questions on below thread or PM me rather than going off topic on this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...edge-home.html

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 6th September 2011 at 11:55.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 21:18   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele

If you are really interested in Car detailing then here are the steps below; perfected for white or light colour cars.

If you are doing it for first time then be ready to sweat out on the first occasion thereafter the regular maintenance is just a breeze.

To being for first time detailing:
1) Wash with Car wash (Sonax Car wash is good).
2) Wash with ONR for stubborn grim (Opti No Rinse -Auto Mall).
3) Clay the car (Meguiar's Clay Kit -AutoMall).
4) Apply Paint Sealent to Protect the exposed paint (Meguiar's Nxt2 -let it cure for 8-12 hours and apply one more coat)
5) Apply Carnouba Paste Wax (Collinite476 - Optional Step - BBIMPEX/Auto Mall)
6) Insulator Wax - (Collinite845 - BBIMPEX/Auto Mall)

The above if done neatly will gaurantee you dazzling protection for 3-4 months; there after you can keep topping Collinite 845 every 3 months.

Carry on regular maintainence by sparing 5-10mins say every week by topping with Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer.

These steps are 100 times better than the so caller "Teflon" coating offered by dealers. Though the initial investment cost may be high but the per application cost is fraction of what the dealer charges.

For more information on Car Detailing please check the thread below which has loads of information. Please do post your questions on below thread or PM me rather than going off topic on this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...edge-home.html
Thanks mate. I just removed the worthless gloss service centre patches at the end and applied the paint protection. While cleaning off the grime from the black b pillar is that they must have used a cheap variety of shoe polish. It was easy to feel it on tips post one rain shower. The stock will last till max November. Then it's what you suggested. Cheers!
Old 7th September 2011, 19:14   #427
Senior - BHPian

It was raining heavily today in Delhi. I was driving towards Dwarka when it started pouring heavily. Wipers do a good job. One thing which I noticed during wiping operation is that the wiper throws some amount of water drops while completing its turn. I am uploading a 10 second video which will help you to understand clearly what I am trying to convey. My query over this is that is this thing particular to all ANHCs? A design error IMO as this doesn't happen in my WagonR.

During the drive I also completed 6000 KMs and average is steady 13.5 KMPL in City traffic.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc04771-fileminimizer.jpg

I can also say that noise insulation is good except for the tyre noise at higher speeds. In other words I don't get annoyed by sound of trucks, tractors etc.
Old 7th September 2011, 22:30   #428
Senior - BHPian

Few pics of today's rain ride.

(Note - All pics and video in above post are taken by the co-passenger).

Do note the splashing of water on completing the turn by wiper in second last pic.
Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-city-rain-pics-1.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-city-rain-pics-2.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-city-rain-pics-3.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-city-rain-pics-4.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-city-rain-pics-5.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-city-rain-pics-6.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-city-rain-pics-7.jpg  

Last edited by bluevolt : 7th September 2011 at 22:31.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 06:45   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
It was raining heavily today in Delhi. I was driving towards Dwarka when it started pouring heavily. Wipers do a good job. One thing which I noticed during wiping operation is that the wiper throws some amount of water drops while completing its turn. I am uploading a 10 second video which will help you to understand clearly what I am trying to convey. My query over this is that is this thing particular to all ANHCs? A design error IMO as this doesn't happen in my WagonR.

I can also say that noise insulation is good except for the tyre noise at higher speeds. In other words I don't get annoyed by sound of trucks, tractors etc.
bluevolt, you are perfectly correct in reporting the wiper problem and I have also reported this issue in my post, but you have made a video which is self-explanatory.
Similarly I too have compared the wiper operation of ANHC with that of WagonR and find that the return stroke especially of the right wiper (driver side) is not graceful and splashes water on the windscreen leaving traces of water.
I have also reported about the water (either during washing or rains) from the roof and windshield gliding down the wiper cowl and entering the engine bay and stagnating as a puddle over the front 2 struts.
Have uploaded the pictures in my thread. Please check.
I also plan to upload some more pictures of this later today.
I have also pointed out some more such defects that Honda should look into, but don't know whether Honda will listen to us.
Regarding noise, I agree that at high speed (more than 100), especially when the iVtec kicks in the noise levels increase along with tire noise. The noise insulation at high speed could be improved by Honda.

HC
PS: I have found an ideal clip that is suitable for the body cover to be kept in place and will upload them later today.
Old 8th September 2011, 15:34   #430
Senior - BHPian

Yes the wipers have this quirk. However, its not a big deal, Honda should have added the courtesy wipe at the end.

The iVtec growl is amazing to hear and is not too much a bother, sitting at the same speed in an another car, NVH is better in Honda. The rear seats have proximity to tyres and thus it highlights the effect, but not bad as few other cars at high speeds.

Cheers!
Old 8th September 2011, 16:12   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
bluevolt, you are perfectly correct in reporting the wiper problem and I have also reported this issue in my post, but you have made a video which is self-explanatory.
So that means this is common across Cities.

Quote:
I have also reported about the water (either during washing or rains) from the roof and windshield gliding down the wiper cowl and entering the engine bay and stagnating as a puddle over the front 2 struts.
Have uploaded the pictures in my thread. Please check.
I also plan to upload some more pictures of this later today.
Yes, I have seen those photos and found same with my car also.

Quote:
PS: I have found an ideal clip that is suitable for the body cover to be kept in place and will upload them later today.
That's great. Please do post pics ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Yes the wipers have this quirk. However, its not a big deal, Honda should have added the courtesy wipe at the end.

The iVtec growl is amazing to hear and is not too much a bother, sitting at the same speed in an another car, NVH is better in Honda. The rear seats have proximity to tyres and thus it highlights the effect, but not bad as few other cars at high speeds.

Cheers!
Yes, i-VTEC sound is not an issue in fact it is quite addicting. On highways especially when there is no traffic I try to keep the needle above 4-5K.

Only the road noise is higher, thanks to Goodyear shoes.
Old 8th September 2011, 18:24   #432
BHPian

bluevolt,
As promised here are the pictures of the clips that I found for the body cover.
The clips are made of plastic and the spring is easy to open but holds the body cover firm to the bumper.
Since the clips are made of plastic there is no possibility of damage to the body cover or the bumper.
The clips cost Rs. 11 each at Odyssey book store.
If you need them, please PM your address. The offer is open to all ANHC owners

HC
Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-image0116.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-image0118.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-image0121.jpg  

Habanero City is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 18:46   #433
BHPian

Quote:
bluevolt,
The clips are made of plastic and the spring is easy to open but holds the body cover firm to the bumper.
Since the clips are made of plastic there is no possibility of damage to the body cover or the bumper.

HC
HC-thanks very much for the lovely glossy clips and the lovelier and glossier offer to send them to us.We do appreciate it-Mate.

BTW,could you not use red ones-to mtch with the car's colour?

Bluevolt- you must be a relieved man,now- having new type of clips. I know my hanging weights suggestion was really stupid.

Great rain photos-I saw them late-pardon. The wiper problem- I don't remember. Will check up before leaving home if I have a chance.

Last edited by charthom : 8th September 2011 at 18:50.
Old 8th September 2011, 19:32   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
bluevolt,

HC
These are nice clips HC. I have seen these clips at stationary shop while I was buying binding clips. As I was looking for the strongest one I took binding clips. Thanks for sharing this with us. I will change to these types of clips once my current set gets lost or damage/grows old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post

Great rain photos-I saw them late-pardon. The wiper problem- I don't remember. Will check up before leaving home if I have a chance.
Thanks charthom. I also noticed this thing after quite long association ship with my car. Let's see what the case with your ride is.

BTW will your car stand idle during your absence?

Last edited by bluevolt : 8th September 2011 at 19:45.
Old 8th September 2011, 20:58   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I will change to these types of clips once my current set gets lost or damage/grows old.
Plenty time before the change,Mate.

Quote:
Thanks charthom. I also noticed this thing after quite long association ship with my car. Let's see what the case with your ride is.
True- I am visiting my sister on Saturday,150 km to and fro. If it rains I will definitely check this out.

Quote:
BTW will your car stand idle during your absence?
No, bluevolt-my wife is quite good a driver. For out of the City ventures she will hire a driver. So both the cars will run regularly-but long distance.

Most Viewed