Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2011, 15:51   #91
BHPian

re: Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report - The Story So Far !

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
My dad earlier drove the Corsa and now has the ANHC. The first time he took it to around 120 km/hr, he felt uneasy; it just did not give the safe feeling the Corsa gave him :P
Haven't driven a lot many cars to pass judgement, but I concur with what your dad says. The ANHC simply isn't confidence insipiring post 120 KPH. I get to drive on mostly empty roads early monday mornings when I travel back from my hometown, and know the route well enough to try speeding the car. But haven't gone past 140 for the same reason.

Does upsizing to 195'ers really make a significant difference in this department? Any fellow BHPian who has tried the same? And how significant is the drop in FE?
Wanted to change tyres the moment I got delivery of the car, but the sales rep dissuaded me from doing so. Will have to wait for the current tyres to wear out, and will try to convince the service chaps if they are ok with the tyre upgrade.

Edit: Thanks for the heads up on the antenna issue libranof1987. Will tuck in mine too

Last edited by avisidhu : 6th May 2011 at 15:54.
Old 6th May 2011, 16:51   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Does upsizing to 195'ers really make a significant difference in this department? Any fellow BHPian who has tried the same? And how significant is the drop in FE?
The current tyres which are provided by Honda are undersized for this car. Also if you get the good-year tyres then they are quite noisier at higher speeds. Switching to 195'ers will affect mileage but not by a big margin. But increase in size of tyres will make this car more stable and capable of doing high speeds. When I consulted Honda regarding the upgrade they told this may void the four year warranty. So this restrained us the up gradation.
Old 6th May 2011, 17:49   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The simplest way out is keeping the antenna removed all the time; anyway I have kept a 8 GB pen drive in the USB so my dad hardly needs the radio.
+1, we too hardly listen to FM stations and use the 4 GB pen drive which came with the car. I will also remove the antenna and keep it in the car as 1200-1400 INR is quite an amount for the that mere 10-15 CM long antenna.

Last edited by bluevolt : 6th May 2011 at 17:50.
Old 6th May 2011, 18:21   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
+1, we too hardly listen to FM stations and use the 4 GB pen drive which came with the car. I will also remove the antenna and keep it in the car as 1200-1400 INR is quite an amount for the that mere 10-15 CM long antenna.
Why not enjoy it till it gets stolen, rather than keep it inside safely? I too don't listen to FM as they broadcast more ads than songs. Plus the nonstop nonsense they keep talking freaks me out

The ANHC has a clever music system, that does not let the bass to increase, when the volume is raised beyond 14 volume points. Also the deep bass is better than most OE music systems in the segment. I really found no complaints with it. Though a CD player with it would have been perfect.

Last edited by aravind.anand : 6th May 2011 at 18:24. Reason: Additional point in the post.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2011, 18:25   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Why not enjoy it till it gets stolen, rather than keep it inside safely? I too don't listen to FM as they broadcast more ads than songs. Plus the nonstop nonsense they keep talking freaks me out
Because once it is indeed stolen, there's just 1 option : buy a new one.

And you know how much it pinches (the theft and the money) only once its stolen.

When mine was stolen, what saddened me more than the money was the fact that the antenna from MY car was stolen. My family is quite possessive about our vehicles so such things are taken personally!
Old 6th May 2011, 18:41   #96
Senior - BHPian

@ libranof1987, oh your point is right. I thought you were more worried about the looks of the car without the antenna and hence told so. Now I get it
Old 6th May 2011, 18:45   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why not enjoy it till it gets stolen, rather than keep it inside safely?
Well it’s true that it’s all about luck whether something will get stolen or not but still we should try our best to prevent theft no matter how small that may be. Regarding the antenna as libranof1987 said is very true plus the price i.e. 1400 Rupee made me to think about it.

Quote:
The ANHC has a clever music system, that does not let the bass to increase, when the volume is raised beyond 14 volume points. Also the deep bass is better than most OE music systems in the segment. I really found no complaints with it. Though a CD player with it would have been perfect.
I too love the OEM music system. The speakers sound great with good bass and treble. But the inner rear view mirror vibrates a little on higher volume but there is no distortion whatsoever from speakers.

Quote:
When mine was stolen, what saddened me more than the money was the fact that the antenna from MY car was stolen.
+1, it feels very sad when our belonging is stolen, no matter how small/big it is. Long time back say around 12 years back even the cover of our Maruti 800 was stolen.

And now days the logo/antenna/ORVM theft is getting common and we can’t take out everything.

Last edited by bluevolt : 6th May 2011 at 18:49.
Old 6th May 2011, 18:51   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I too love the OEM music system. The speakers sound great with good bass and treble. But the inner rear view mirror vibrates a little on higher volume but there is no distortion whatsoever from speakers.
I too thought the same. Why din't Honda not mount the rear view mirror on the windshield instead? Also, the rear speakers should have been on the rear parcel tray.
Old 6th May 2011, 19:16   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, the rear speakers should have been on the rear parcel tray.
Actually this door setup is followed by most manufacturers because this enable greater acoustics as compared to the rear parcel tray placement.

Does anyone know about the brand of HU and speakers provided with ANHC?

Last edited by bluevolt : 6th May 2011 at 19:18.
Old 6th May 2011, 19:43   #100
BHPian

Quote:
I too agree on this. By far Honda has got the best OEM supplied music system in this segment.

As far as a CD player is concerned, do you really use a CD? A usb is so much more convenient. I can't remember the last time I've listened to music from a disc!
Old 6th May 2011, 20:03   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know about the brand of HU and speakers provided with ANHC?
I think Hondas come with Alpine HU, not sure about the OEM speakers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post
I too agree on this. By far Honda has got the best OEM supplied music system in this segment.

As far as a CD player is concerned, do you really use a CD? A usb is so much more convenient. I can't remember the last time I've listened to music from a disc!
For an average joe, yes USB is much better and convenient! But to get the best out of ICE, I would prefer Audio CDs anyday over USB (unless the USB is loaded with lossless format).
Old 6th May 2011, 20:20   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
I think Hondas come with Alpine HU, not sure about the OEM speakers!
I confirmed with Ring Road Honda about the OEM music system and they told me that the HU is of alpine company and speakers are of 'NIPPON' brand.

Now I never heard about Nippon speakers. Team-mates, do you know anything about this?

Last edited by bluevolt : 6th May 2011 at 20:23.
Old 6th May 2011, 20:24   #103
BHPian

Quote:
I confirmed with Ring Road Honda about the OEM music system and they told me that the HU is of alpine company and speakers are of 'NIPPON' brand.

Now I never heard about this Nippon stuff. Team do you know anything about this?
Yes they are right.
I have mentioned this somewhere on one of ANHC ownership threads way back sometime in June2010
Old 6th May 2011, 20:27   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now I never heard about Nippon speakers. Team-mates, do you know anything about this?
Nippon supplies OEM HU/speakers/security systems to many companies including Maruti Suzuki, Mahindra and others! Most of the OEM stuff they supply is pretty basic and is built to cost!
Old 6th May 2011, 22:09   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Nippon supplies OEM HU/speakers/security systems to many companies including Maruti Suzuki, Mahindra and others! Most of the OEM stuff they supply is pretty basic and is built to cost!
From what i have gathered about this company is that Nippon is an American company providing OEM fitments to auto manufacturers. By any way was BOSE also a supplier to Honda in past?

BTW I happened to visit Ring Road Honda with my friend to book white ANHC for him and I spotted a habanero red civic on display and I must say civic looks many times better than city in this color. IMO white ANHC also looks royal. Just have a look.
Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc02332-fileminimizer.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc02768-fileminimizer.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc02322-fileminimizer.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc02769-fileminimizer.jpg  

Most Viewed