Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2015, 15:15   #1111
Senior - BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

35,000 KMs service report.

Got the car serviced from Crown Honda, Noida. This was the first time I moved out of Ring Road Honda for service.

Totally amazing experience at Crown Honda, people here were ecstatic, humble and happy unlike the dull, monotonous attitude of Ring Road Honda people.

The SA agreed to whatever I told him to do and exclude everything else from the service job card that I felt to be not of much necessity.

Since my car whas clocked 35,000 KMs but by routine(6/month/5000kms) schedule it was 45000 KMS service. And the 45,000 KMs service cost fixed charges are much higher than 35,000 kms paid service fixed charges.

I went for fully synthetic oil and will begin change interval of 10,000 KMs from now on. I discussed with SA and he told, same engine oil is used in current gen Honda City and for both mineral and syntetic, change interval for current gen City is 10,000 KMs. Mechanically there is no difference in the i-VTEC engine of the both cars.

I realise now that how Honda made us shell out so much money unnecessarily and made their SVCs rich by letting us follow the 5,000 KMs service routine just for the sake of warranty,

From now on I will follow 10,000 KMs service interval.

Here is the details of service -

->

Synthetic engine oil - Rs. 2588
Filters - Rs. 250
Throttle body cleaning - Rs. 350
Injector cleaning - Rs. 850
Paid service charges - Rs. 1100

Total amount paid after taxes Rs. 5439.

Venus runs just like day one and with synthetic oil, I can see the refinement levels to go up a bit further. I will do a wax polish job in coming week.

Next service at 45,000 KMs mark, by that time I will also get the tyres replaced.

'City' continues to rule the city!
bluevolt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 22:05   #1112
Senior - BHPian

It's quite a while since I have posted some pics of Venus. Here are few of the clicks I took on Yamuna expressway during a recent drive to Taj Mahal/Mathura/Vrindavan. It was a 500+ KMs trip. City performed exceptionally well on the expressway with speeds in triple digits most of the time.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc_7640.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc_7965.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc_7967.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc_7972-copy-2.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc_7973.jpg
bluevolt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 13:54   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
35,000 KMs service report.

Got the car serviced from Crown Honda, Noida. This was the first time I moved out of Ring Road Honda for service.

Totally amazing experience at Crown Honda, people here were ecstatic, humble and happy unlike the dull, monotonous attitude of Ring Road Honda people.

The SA agreed to whatever I told him to do and exclude everything else from the service job card that I felt to be not of much necessity.

Since my car whas clocked 35,000 KMs but by routine(6/month/5000kms) schedule it was 45000 KMS service. And the 45,000 KMs service cost fixed charges are much higher than 35,000 kms paid service fixed charges.

I went for fully synthetic oil and will begin change interval of 10,000 KMs from now on. I discussed with SA and he told, same engine oil is used in current gen Honda City and for both mineral and syntetic, change interval for current gen City is 10,000 KMs. Mechanically there is no difference in the i-VTEC engine of the both cars.

I realise now that how Honda made us shell out so much money unnecessarily and made their SVCs rich by letting us follow the 5,000 KMs service routine just for the sake of warranty,

From now on I will follow 10,000 KMs service interval.

Here is the details of service -

->

Synthetic engine oil - Rs. 2588
Filters - Rs. 250
Throttle body cleaning - Rs. 350
Injector cleaning - Rs. 850
Paid service charges - Rs. 1100

Total amount paid after taxes Rs. 5439.

Venus runs just like day one and with synthetic oil, I can see the refinement levels to go up a bit further. I will do a wax polish job in coming week.

Next service at 45,000 KMs mark, by that time I will also get the tyres replaced.

'City' continues to rule the city!
Thanks bluevolt.
I was searching the forum for someone who has used Crown Honda in Sector 63 for servicing their car. Thanks for the feedback.
I have been using Ace Honda for the last 4.5 years and off late have been observing a lack of interested in the new SA's. The older ones have all been promoted to Team Leads et al and you cannot fix appointments with them.
My car is due for the 55k service. Let me try crown Honda this weekend then.
Old 1st May 2016, 18:30   #1114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Thanks bluevolt.
I was searching the forum for someone who has used Crown Honda in Sector 63 for servicing their car. Thanks for the feedback.
I have been using Ace Honda for the last 4.5 years and off late have been observing a lack of interested in the new SA's. The older ones have all been promoted to Team Leads et al and you cannot fix appointments with them.
My car is due for the 55k service. Let me try crown Honda this weekend then.
The best thing about crown honda was that they didn't include any other thing that I mentioned while opening the job card. This helped in controlling the bill by good margin and work was done with exceptional quality.
Old 7th May 2016, 18:25   #1115
Senior - BHPian

BHPIans, From where I can get the modulo kit for the Honda City?

Any link to online store, prices etc would be appreciated.
Old 15th June 2016, 20:57   #1116
BHPian

Today I got a call from Local Honda Dealer for Free Replacement for Driver Side Airbag for my Honda City (2009). Anybody else got this call from Honda for their City.
Old 15th June 2016, 21:45   #1117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
Today I got a call from Local Honda Dealer for Free Replacement for Driver Side Airbag for my Honda City (2009). Anybody else got this call from Honda for their City.
Is it this part of some recall by Honda? Mine is October 2010 model.
Old 15th June 2016, 22:16   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
Quote:
Yes. It's part of the global recall for replacing the problematic Takata airbag inflators.

You can check if your car is part of the recall HERE

The inflator replacement in my car was completed during regular servicing without even me asking for it. It's just a 30 minutes job.
Digital Vampire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 23:04   #1119
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yep. Apparently, this news came up way back in Sept '15. We should have checked sooner.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3805300

My June '10 City SMT is part of it too; dropped a query on their website.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 00:22   #1120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Yep. Apparently, this news came up way back in Sept '15. We should have checked sooner.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3805300

My June '10 City SMT is part of it too; dropped a query on their website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Yes. It's part of the global recall for replacing the problematic Takata airbag inflators.

You can check if your car is part of the recall HERE

The inflator replacement in my car was completed during regular servicing without even me asking for it. It's just a 30 minutes job.
My car is too listed for the recall, I just checked. I guess I checked way too late!

Have filled in the form. Got a reference number - PUD152927

What's this device that is going to be replaced all about? Was I driving an unsafe car all these years?

Last edited by bluevolt : 16th June 2016 at 00:25.
Old 16th June 2016, 00:27   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
What's this device all about? Was I driving an unsafe car all these years?
Detailed thread
60 Million Car Bombs: Inside Takata’s Airbag Crisis

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 16th June 2016 at 00:29.
Old 20th August 2016, 18:38   #1122
Senior - BHPian

I noticed yesterday while driving that the car is slightly pushing towards left and I have to keep the steering wheel straight which is not in usual case.

Possible alignment issue?
Old 20th August 2016, 18:55   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
I noticed yesterday while driving that the car is slightly pushing towards left and I have to keep the steering wheel straight which is not in usual case.

If there are no other symptoms, yes, misalignment. Could also be unequal tire pressures. You noticed it suddenly? Or was it a gradual tendency you had been noticing?
Old 20th August 2016, 23:09   #1124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
If there are no other symptoms, yes, misalignment. Could also be unequal tire pressures. You noticed it suddenly? Or was it a gradual tendency you had been noticing?
I noticed it suddenly as I drove it after a couple of weeks. Was used by other family members.

Got the tyre pressure checked this evening. It was 28psi in all, I corrected it to 32psi in each tyre.

After correcting tyre pressure, the condition has improved, but there is still noticeable shift towards the left.
Old 21st August 2016, 00:57   #1125
BANNED

Quote:
Yes this indeed is wheel alignment issue. Get it done and things would be back on track. When was the alignment/balancing done last?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks