Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2011, 15:09   #136
Team-BHP Support

re: Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report - The Story So Far !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post
^^ Ha. Typical corporate language, the reply from Honda. Be precise but vague enough to have room for an escape!
It's quite appalling how these guys communicate; ultimately the ball is in the A.S.S.'s court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Not a convincing reply from the company. Anyhow I will suggest you to get your car serviced only after 5000 KM interval irrespective of the months.

Have you tried Ring Road Honda, Sector-18 for servicing?
The car was done with the 3 free services and these guys called. We generally get the car serviced every 6 months (pollution, dust, condition of roads etc. etc.).

Will try Ring Road Honda the next time. Actually, we have no complaints with Pearl Honda (of course there were no issues as yet either); it's just that they have an Indian version of blondes sitting at the front desk with a phone at their disposal. (which dealer doesn't!)

Although I don't expect further communication from Honda, I do expect a call from Pearl Honda.
Old 11th May 2011, 22:01   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Its insane to buy at these prices. Let me check with my guy how much he quotes, will get back soon after enquiring.
I checked with 2 Honda Dealers Pune has both have quoted similar prices to me on phone.

Deccan Honda: 7,700 per wheel X 4= 30,800 + Labour + Alignment + weights charges.

Crystal Honda: 30,000 for the set of 4.

My only doubt is I hope they understood which alloy I was speaking about (I tried my best to explain though), if they didn't then they both are quoting for wrong alloys.
Old 11th May 2011, 23:12   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I checked with 2 Honda Dealers Pune has both have quoted similar prices to me on phone.

Deccan Honda: 7,700 per wheel X 4= 30,800 + Labour + Alignment + weights charges.

So that's nearly 25,000 rupee difference if the person is quoting for right alloys. If it is true then I am coming to Pune to buy them straightaway. Airfare will cost me around 10K for Delhi-Pune, still I will save 15,000 INR.

On a serious note I guess he must be quoting for some different alloys coz the difference can’t be so much. Anyhow do ask them whenever you get a chance to visit the showroom personally.
Old 11th May 2011, 23:17   #139
BHPian

Quote:
On a serious note I guess he must be quoting for some different alloys coz the difference can’t be so much. Anyhow do ask them whenever you get a chance to visit the showroom personally.
Both the Honda dealers are on my way to office, If you insist I can drop by and check the prices in person.
Old 11th May 2011, 23:41   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Both the Honda dealers are on my way to office, If you insist I can drop by and check the prices in person.
It will be useful if you may confirm it in person from showroom only. If you find time then please do ask about them. If price difference is really by that much I have to contact Honda.
Old 12th May 2011, 00:31   #141
BHPian

They might be quoting for the standard 5 spoke alloys. This was quoted to be around 25K when we got our car (that's almost a year back).

Quote:
So that's nearly 25,000 rupee difference if the person is quoting for right alloys. If it is true then I am coming to Pune to buy them straightaway. Airfare will cost me around 10K for Delhi-Pune, still I will save 15,000 INR.
Why fly when you can drive?
Old 12th May 2011, 09:16   #142
BHPian

Quote for sure is for the standard 5spoke alloys, I got them fitted on my S-MT in 2009 for 22k for set of 4.

7 spoke at the same time were costing some 30k (as per dealer this was due to the fact that excise duty was waived off on the alloys which were being imported, 7 spoke one are imported where as standard 5 spoke is local made in India), actual price before discount as per their price list was 10-11k/wheel. I didn't consider it on my HRed as I felt it looked good only on light colour models.

Last edited by raghu230506 : 12th May 2011 at 09:18.
Old 12th May 2011, 11:41   #143
BHPian

Quote:

My only doubt is I hope they understood which alloy I was speaking about (I tried my best to explain though), if they didn't then they both are quoting for wrong alloys.
I personally went there on my way to office today.
I confirm the price they are quoting above is rightly quoted for Dual Tone V Alloys & both the dealers have them ex-stock.
On further note Crystal Honda has a April'11 stock (2 sets in stock) to be specific. These alloys were not available from Aug'10 to April'11 (thats what the dealer told me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post

7 spoke one are imported where as standard 5 spoke is local made in India),
Raghu is right, the Dual Tone V Alloys (or say 7 spoke Alloys) are part of Modulo kit. They are imported from Japan or may be Thailand.
5 spoke Alloys which come default with Jazz, "V" series ANHC & CIVIC are locally made in India.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 12th May 2011 at 11:59.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2011, 21:46   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quoting from the other thread. sorry for the stupid query

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Agree, ACC should have been there; for a premium 10 lakh car, ACC deserves to be there in the features list.
I see most people complaining on absence of automatic climate control in ANHC for the price they asks for. I know this should have been there and is more advanced and futuristic than the current one. But I would like to know what actual difference is there between the manual system and ACC system. I think the AC components must be the same. Is the car ACC is only like the split air conditioners in our home with which we set desired temperature for cooling instead of conventional rotary controls in some window ACs? Is ACC more efficient than manual one?
Old 16th May 2011, 23:11   #145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quoting from the other thread. sorry for the stupid query

I see most people complaining on absence of automatic climate control in ANHC for the price they asks for. I know this should have been there and is more advanced and futuristic than the current one. But I would like to know what actual difference is there between the manual system and ACC system. I think the AC components must be the same. Is the car ACC is only like the split air conditioners in our home with which we set desired temperature for cooling instead of conventional rotary controls in some window ACs? Is ACC more efficient than manual one?
Well ACC (Automatic Climate Control) ensures the A/c maintains a particular temp. in the vehicle.

In a conventional A/c, once you have the blower speed set at a particular level, say high because you have just gotten into the car, it will remain so until you suddenly start freezing and lower the speed.

What ACC does is : you set the temp. you want and it regulates the blower speed, temp. of air so as to maintain the cabin temp. at the level you want. It will increase the speed and decrease the temp. when the cabin gets hotter than your set temp. and vice versa when the temp. goes down.

It's just a comfort thing : you can decide what temp. is ambient for you.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 12:41   #146
BHPian

There's a Central European version of ANHC, which has ACC, and even the interiors look much better than the one we have. It was launched in Istanbul in 2009; wonder why it was never sent to our shores. Even the silver central unit on the dashboard doesn't look so bad!

Some pictures; the side exterior looks bot different, not sure whether it is because of the body coloured protectors (even the Indian one has that) or it's just me.

The pictures are from paultan website.
Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-lhd2009hondacity8large.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-lhd2009hondacity9large.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-lhd2009hondacity10large.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-lhd2009hondacity11large.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-lhd2009hondacity3large.jpg  

Old 17th May 2011, 13:06   #147
BHPian

Quote:
But I would like to know what actual difference is there between the manual system and ACC system. I think the AC components must be the same. Is the car ACC is only like the split air conditioners in our home with which we set desired temperature for cooling instead of conventional rotary controls in some window ACs? Is ACC more efficient than manual one?
Adding to as rightly said by libran: Basically the ACC conditions the air at preset temperature by means for fan speed variation & thermostat/compressor on/off combination. The preset temperature is attained and maintained to faily precise levels.
VS.
The conventional AC chills the air controlled by thermostat/compressor on/off combination. The chill factor if too much needs to be controlled by lowering the fan speed manually doing this you could land up in uneven cooling for back seat passengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
There's a Central European version of ANHC, which has ACC, and even the interiors look much better than the one we have. It was launched in Istanbul in 2009; wonder why it was never sent to our shores. Even the silver central unit on the dashboard doesn't look so bad!
Nice interior pics, All back DASH looks cool.
I can as well see Cruise Controls at the steering controls on RHS, tweetors are missing though.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 17th May 2011 at 13:20.
Old 17th May 2011, 14:17   #148
Senior - BHPian

Honda is known for its laziness in providing basic accessories/features which its competitors provide. For example Honda launched V model of city with alloys wheels and leather interiors after some time. Earlier S model was the top model with standard steel wheels. Last year Honda launched 'EXCLUSIVE' model with some other features. I guess they may re-launch the V model with ACC this Diwali because they have the habit of providing features by updating their models several times. They provided sun roof with civic a few months back.

PS - As far as ACC is concerned, I am comfortable with current system but Honda should provide this feature atleast with top variant to keep up with the competitors in the market.

Last edited by bluevolt : 17th May 2011 at 14:30.
Old 17th May 2011, 14:51   #149
BHPian

Re: Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report - The Story So Far !

Quote:
Honda is known for its laziness in providing basic accessories/features which its competitors provide. For example Honda launched V model of city with alloys wheels and leather interiors after some time. Earlier S model was the top model with standard steel wheels. Last year Honda launched 'EXCLUSIVE' model with some other features. I guess they may re-launch the V model with ACC this Diwali because they have the habit of providing features by updating their models several times. They provided sun roof with civic a few months back.

PS - As far as ACC is concerned, I am comfortable with current system but Honda should provide this feature atleast with top variant to keep up with the competitors in the market.
Also, notice the Alloys in the Central European version, they look so much better than the current Alloys!

Any source of information on the Diwali launch with ACC et al.? It should be a standard for cars in this segment, even i20 provides ACC now-a-days in all except for the base variant, which doesn't sell much anyway!

I never understood why Honda doesn't offer at least couple of options on the interiors. I think the Australian version has choice between black and beige interiors. Even the OEM CD system (which comes at 13K+ in India if you want to have it additionally on USB/Aux) is standard in the higher versions.

I think this is a rip-off strategy so that they can keep on increasing the prices. Soon, they might come out with a 10+ lakh top end variant with everything, the road tax in Karnataka be 17% instead of 14% for sub-10 Lakh cars!

There goes my hope to buy a City in the near future!
Old 17th May 2011, 16:06   #150
BHPian

Re: Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report - The Story So Far !

Quote:

Check out the alloys in the Central European edition; any idea on this Diwali launch and/or the source of information? ACC is standard in this segment, and should've been there from the very beginning.

The Australian edition comes with black interiors, looks much better than the beige ones that we get, but no leather seats though; also, the CD unit is standard in those, unlike ours where we have to pay 13K+ additional.

I feel it's a strategy to squeeze more money by introducing changes; if they end up with a new version with all of the above they will price it over 10 Lakh for top end variant. Karnataka road taxes will be 17% instead of current 14% for the sub-10 lakh variant.

With that goes my hope of owning a City in the near future!

Most Viewed