Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2011, 09:48   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report - The Story So Far !

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The car looks stunning, as usual!

Btw, a lot of people have said the ribbon that manufacturers generally tie on the bonnet corrodes the paint and the shine; are you sure you wanna keep it tied there?
Till date the ribbon hasn't caused any problems. I will ask SVC to remove it during second service next month. Retaining the brand new car feeling for a while now .

Quote:
And somehow, the black strip is looking slightly out of place on the dark red. (Just my opinion). Probably a body coloured strip might have suited better.
Yup I know they look a bit odd. The body colored strips was costing 8K whereas these black strips cost 4K. We thought it would look fine because the door frames are also black and the area near ORVM is also black. Anyhow they were intended to protect the door from scratches in some conditions and are solving the purpose.

Last edited by bluevolt : 20th May 2011 at 09:50.
Old 20th May 2011, 09:53   #167
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Till date the ribbon hasn't caused any problems. I will ask SVC to remove it during second service next month. Retaining the brand new car feeling for a while now stupid
You certainly want to retain the "new car feeling"; looks like you still have the plastic covers on the seats on! (There's a thread on how long people keep the plastics on, you could make a mention there )

But about the ribbon, I would strongly suggest you remove it; it will constantly flutter when the car is in motion and over time, scratch the paint.
Old 20th May 2011, 10:06   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You certainly want to retain the "new car feeling"; looks like you still have the plastic covers on the seats on! (There's a thread on how long people keep the plastics on, you could make a mention there
Yup they are still there. Again I can’t say much other than. Actually the main intention is to keep the beige from getting dirty as we still haven’t founded the right aftermarket upholstery. Many people have suggested using the current upholstery for 2-3 years as aftermarket ones will not match the one provided by the company.

Founded the thread you are taking about http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...w-cars-10.html , will update this one.

Quote:
But about the ribbon, I would strongly suggest you remove it; it will constantly flutter when the car is in motion and over time, scratch the paint.
Yes they constantly move when the car is running on high speed. Going by your advise I will remove them today itself.
Old 21st May 2011, 17:39   #169
Senior - BHPian

It was lovely weather today morning. We had to drive down to Dwarka for some work. Filled all tyres with nitrogen and I didn’t noticed any difference in ride quality. So I would not recommend it at all. I was keen in observing the speedo error by matching it with the speed shown by HU display. And to my surprise there was hardly any error. I asked my dad to keep an eye on HU display and confirm me the speeds so that I can match it with analog speedometer. So the speedometer is quite accurate. Car has completed 4400 KMs and MID displaying 14.2 KMPL with 100 % AC on. We were roaming on Delhi streets and it started raining heavily. Switched the wipers and I must say the long wipers do the job quite effectively. After rain subsided I noticed a little noise while applying brakes. May be the drums are wet and thus squeaking while braking. I think they should get fine on further usage.

A few snaps I managed to take today morning. Here are few
Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-anhc-1.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-anhc-2.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-anhc-3.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-anhc-4.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-anhc-6.jpg  

Old 1st June 2011, 18:24   #170
Team-BHP Support

Well, remember this?

Quote:
====
from Customer Relations customer_relations@hondacarindia.com
sender-time Sent at 10:52 AM (GMT+05:30). Current time there: 12:06 PM. ✆
to XXXXXXXXXX
cc customer_relations@pearlhonda.com,
service@pearlhonda.com
date Wed, May 11, 2011 at 10:52 AM
subject Kind Attn: Mr. Nishad
10:52 AM (1 hour ago)

Dear Mr. Nishad,

This is in reference to your trailing feedback dated 10th May 2011.

We regret to note of your experience.

Pertaining to the Service schedule, wish to inform you that it is recommended to get your car serviced at every 5,000 kms/ 3 months which ever is earlier. This service visit basically involves inspection of vital parameters like steering, suspension system, fluid levels, brakes & fuel lines etc. which may also include replacement of engine oil if car has covered 5,000kms as replacement of same is recommended at every 5,000kms/ 6 months which ever is earlier.

For more information, please refer to the Owner's manual/ Warranty booklet handed during the time of car purchase. Also, we are advising our dealership M/s Pearl Honda, Gurgaon to get in touch with you & address your queries.

Assuring of our best products & services always.

Regards,

Jaspreet Singh
Customer Relationship Management
Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. ,Greater Noida

XXX@gmail.com
05/10/2011 10:53 PM

Service Feedback Details
Name : NISHAD
City : GURGAON
User Pincode : 122018
Email :XXX@gmail.com
Telephone : 0-XXX
Category : Service
Model : CITY 1.5 S MT
Year : 2010
Car Reg.No. : NA
Dealer : Pearl Honda-SECTOR 54, Near SUNCITY
Comments : We have a Honda City 1.5 SMT purchased from Pearl Honda, Gurgaon in June '10. We completed the 3 free services as per schedule, the last one being in the 1st week of Jan '11. A week ago, my dad (registered owner of the car) got a call from the front-desk of Pearl Honda saying we should bring in the car for servicing. On telling her that we'd just got the car serviced in January, she said "The car is to be serviced every 9000kms/3 months, whichever is earlier. If this schedule is not adhered to, although the warranty is fine, there is a possibility replacements, if required within warranty, MIGHT not be approved". Accordingly the car was taken for servicing and the Service Advisor said "There is no need for servicing as the car was serviced 3 months ago and it has barely run 3000kms. The car is to be serviced every 6 months and we should disregard what the front desk lady says as it is her job to get cars for servicing." Nevertheless, we got the cae serviced. Now, firstly, I'd like to know what service schedule Honda expects to be followed. Secondly, it is highly inappropriate for a front-desk person to make such calls and recommendations with consequences of "warranty not being honoured". The dealers not only represent themselves but also Honda. I implore you to ensure your dealers convey only the right information to car owners and not say such things to boost sales/services. I'd like to know what action has been taken.

Reply to all
Forward
from Nishad XXX@gmail.com
sender-time Sent at 11:01 AM (GMT+05:30). Current time there: 12:06 PM. ✆
to Customer Relations <customer_relations@hondacarindia.com>
date Wed, May 11, 2011 at 11:01 AM
subject Re: Kind Attn: Mr. Nishad
mailed-by gmail.com
hide details 11:01 AM (1 hour ago)
Thank you for your response.

Although the car had run for about 3000-odd kms, the engine oil was replaced nevertheless.

The problem arises because dealers just mention "which may also include replacement of engine oil if car has covered 5,000kms" and conveniently exclude "replacement of same is recommended at every 5,000kms/ 6 months which ever is earlier."

So, according to them, it is 5000 kms or 3 months, whichever is earlier.
====

That is the communication so far.
3 months is an awfully short time to start heading to the service station.

And in a place like Gurgaon where th showroom is swanky but the workshop is miles outside the city in the remotest corner of a village and no transportation, the whole exercise isn't very pleasant.

1st free service is just general check-up and car wash. 2nd and 3rd free service would include engine oil replacement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post
^^ Ha. Typical corporate language, the reply from Honda.
Quote:
Not a convincing reply from the company.

Well, I did get a call from Pearl Honda 3 weeks ago; the same lady who'd called my dad called up. Went over the same theory about how Honda recommends servicing every 3months/5000kms. I told her I didn't want to talk to her and she said she'd ask a senior level manager to call.

In 2 days, a guy called up. He explained Honda's 3months/5000kms check-up and 6months/5000kms servicing schedule which involves oil change.

I just asked him one thing : if an oil change at 3000 kms and 3 months was justified. He accepted that it was their mistake and said he'll issue a credit note for the cost of the servicing.

Till 2 weeks, no communication. When I called on the no. they had called from, some farmer picked up.

Last week, I got a call from Honda to ask if the issue was resolved; I narrated the conversation with Pearl Honda and mentioned I hadn't received the credit note. 3 days later, I got a call again. This time the lady said she'd escalate the matter.

Finally, yesterday I got a call from Honda saying a credit note had been issued for our car. Effectively, the amount of the servicing will be discounted in our next servicing.

I'm surprised why Honda and not Pearl Honda sent the credit note though.
Old 1st June 2011, 18:48   #171
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Till 2 weeks, no communication. When I called on the no. they had called from, some farmer picked up.

Already Honda's sales are down. On top of it, this new thing of 3 months service is just serving to add a poor name to Honda.
Old 1st June 2011, 18:56   #172
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Already Honda's sales are down. On top of it, this new thing of 3 months service is just serving to add a poor name to Honda.
It's funny actually. They say get the car for "check up" every 3 months/5000 kms, whichever is earlier; and servicing (oil change etc.) every 6 months/5000 kms, whichever is earlier.

What makes it worse is the language the A.S.S. uses : "get the car for servicing; else, we cannot guarantee whether the parts will be replaced free of cost, within the warranty".
Old 1st June 2011, 18:56   #173
BHPian

The Pearl Honda woman is an automaton - the moment you have completed three months from your last service, she starts calling like a woman possessed.
My NHC is used sparingly ( 800 km/month ), so when I gave in to the woman and sent the car for servicing, I was in for a surprise.

The service advisor called back and said, your car is used too sparingly so there's no point in servicing for the heck of it, please send it for service at 6 months. They sent the car back at no charge to me. Not bad, I say
Old 1st June 2011, 19:01   #174
Team-BHP Support

^^ He told us the same thing AFTER the servicing.

I guess they have taking this thing seriously because that day, first my dad gave them a piece of his mind; then my mum added because she had to sit there till the time the car was serviced and the SA said it was not really necessary. And then I followed it up seriously with Honda.

No one is going to have the time/patience to turn in every 3 months.

In contrast, Opel calls my Corsa every 12 months/10k kms!
Old 1st June 2011, 19:02   #175
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What makes it worse is the language the A.S.S. uses : "get the car for servicing; else, we cannot guarantee whether the parts will be replaced free of cost, within the warranty".
Oh come on. This is not service, it is blackmail.
Old 1st June 2011, 20:22   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally, yesterday I got a call from Honda saying a credit note had been issued for our car. Effectively, the amount of the servicing will be discounted in our next servicing.

That's good move from Honda to take note on customer's grievance. Honda must have fined the SVC for this action, the lady will think twice before calling again.

What was the bill amount during your car's second service i.e. @ 5000 KMs as our car's service is due this month, it has completed 4500 KMs as of today. I guess there is just the oil change during second service. I will also ask Ring Road Honda SVC adviser over Honda's 3 month checkup practice and if people follow it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Actually this is not a new schedule. It’s mentioned in the Service manual that brakes system, suspension system, exhaust system etcetera should be visually inspected every 3 months/5000 KMs. The person who designed this service schedule should understand that people are not free to just get their car visually inspected by SVC every three month and that would not be free of cost for sure after free services are over.

I will follow 5000 KM interval schedule only. I guess this is the same schedule for Civic also?

Last edited by bluevolt : 1st June 2011 at 20:24.
Old 1st June 2011, 20:31   #177
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What was the bill amount during your car's second service i.e. @ 5000 KMs as our car's service is due this month, it has completed 4500 KMs as of today. I guess there is just the oil change during second service.
If you fill mineral oil, the bill amount will come to 900-odd. If synthetic, it will come to 1800-odd.

It entails, engine oil replacement, general checkup and wash.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 20:36   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you fill mineral oil, the bill amount will come to 900-odd. If synthetic, it will come to 1800-odd.

It entails, engine oil replacement, general checkup and wash.
I will stick to mineral oil for the time being. What oil do you use in your car? If using synthetic then any noticeable difference in car's operation?

PS - I will also get art leather seats and a body cover for my car as the current one is torn by the dog in my colony.
Old 1st June 2011, 20:41   #179
Team-BHP Support

^^

I use mineral oil in my ANHC. Dad uses the car for mostly office runs so the car is very sparingly used.

PS : Are the plastic covers and ribbon off yet?
Old 1st June 2011, 20:48   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PS : Are the plastic covers and ribbon off yet?
The ribbon is removed a week back and plastic covers would be removed as soon as I get seat covers for them. Planning to get it serviced on 18 or 19 June so let the new car feeling retained for few more days.

Most Viewed