Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2011, 12:31   #16
BHPian

re: Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report - The Story So Far !

Congrats on the ANHC "bluevolt". Enjoy the pure bliss of refined Honda engine.I am sure you won't look back at SX4 once you realise the dual character (powerful yet efficient) of the i-Vtec engine.
Drive safe and congrats again!
Old 31st January 2011, 15:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
Congratulations on the ANHC "bluevolt".

As ANHC has large glass area, sun film will definitely improve effectiveness of the AC.
Thanks Ram_NP for your wishes and for clearing my doubt regarding sun films(currently i am using sun shades for all four windows).

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Congrats on the ANHC "bluevolt". you realise the dual character (powerful yet efficient) of the i-Vtec engine.
Thanks zoom_vroom for your wishes. It is indeed a great pleasure to drive an
Honda, i am in love with her.

PS - A few more photographs of my ANHC.
Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc02305-fileminimizer.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc02307-fileminimizer.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc02309-fileminimizer.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc02341-fileminimizer.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc02342-fileminimizer.jpg  

Old 12th February 2011, 20:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Did the sun-film job today, was long time due.

The film is garware classic 35 %(charcoal shade which looks reflective at some angles) for Rs. 1500 with 3 year warranty.

As i was worried on installing the film on rear window because of defogger, the dealer insisted me to put the film from outside, he did some kind of 'pressing' to make sure that the film doesn't peel off due to harsh outside conditions. However, he denied warranty for rear glass film to which i agreed.
Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-img00206201102121258.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-img00207201102121258.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-img00209201102121300.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-img00216201102121319.jpg  

Old 12th February 2011, 23:20   #19
BHPian

Congratulations

Drive safe nd have fun

There won't be any issues with rear sunfilm
Puting at the back side of the glass is a rare
Thing
Old 13th February 2011, 09:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Congratulations

Drive safe nd have fun
Thanks raghu230506 for the wishes.
Old 13th February 2011, 09:10   #21
BHPian

1500 INR is a steal for sun films on ANHC,

Why didn't you go for a body coloured side protectors, black doesn't seem good on HRed, but that's just me.
Old 13th February 2011, 14:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Why didn't you go for a body coloured side protectors, black doesn't seem good on HRed, but that's just me.
The dealer quoted 8K for body colored beading which is quite high IMO, so i prefer black(In fact the window frame is also black, so i thought it should look OK). The black beading is for around 3.5 K.
Old 13th February 2011, 19:31   #23
BHPian

bluevolt,
Congrats on your new ANHC, I have the same car that was bought 4 months ago.
The cost for sun film is incredibly low, hope you have checked the originality of the material and its quality.
Also it would have been better is the film was fixed in a dust free environment rather than on the road.
Could you please take some photos of the rear wind shield film that was fixed from outside.
This is the first time I am hearing about this type of fixing.
I have RE 35 film fixed from inside on the rear windshield.
During night drive the light from rear gets rather diffused at the interface of the film and the defogger, but it is not distracting or causing severe inconvenience.
How is it in your case? Please let us know for the benefit of all the members.

HC
Old 13th February 2011, 20:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
bluevolt,
Congrats on your new ANHC

The cost for sun film is incredibly low, hope you have checked the originality of the material and its quality.

Could you please take some photos of the rear wind shield film that was fixed from outside.

During night drive the light from rear gets rather diffused at the interface of the film and the defogger, but it is not distracting or causing severe inconvenience.
How is it in your case? Please let us know for the benefit of all the members.

HC
Thanks Habanero City for your wishes.

I was not able to find exclusive dealers for the sun films in my area so prefer a reputed road side accessory shop. Also my budget for the sun film was not more than 2K(my priority was privacy rather than heat rejection quality films).

The dealer used some kind of pressing device(forgot to take snap of it) to fix the film on rear windshield to make sure it doesn't peel off. One cannot tell easily whether the film is fixed from inside or outside. The job was done entire to my satisfaction.

I haven't driven my car in night since the sun film installation yesterday, will sure update on rear visibility issue.

PS - we have one more thing in common with us - the wagonR
Old 18th February 2011, 18:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

There was couple of minor scratches on my car so i ordered com-paint touch up spray from their website on Tuesday. Just received courier and the kit contains one can of touch up spray, one can of finishing solvent, one tube of com-cut scratch remover. The price is Rs. 400 including shipping.
Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-12012011.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-12012011_001.jpg  

Old 18th February 2011, 22:10   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
There was couple of minor scratches on my car so i ordered com-paint touch up spray from their website on Tuesday. Just received courier and the kit contains one can of touch up spray, one can of finishing solvent, one tube of com-cut scratch remover. The price is Rs. 400 including shipping.
bluevolt,
It would be helpful if you could show us the before and after pictures of the touch up job that you are planning to do.
Also could you please upload the photo of the paint spray can and also the finishing solvent can and the scratch remover.
What is the procedure specified for this process? Any write up on this would be helpful.

HC
Old 18th February 2011, 22:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! welcome to ANHC family.

Putting film on rear wont affect defogger in anyway. I have even replaced the read film once to replace it with darker one, and did not face issues.
Old 18th February 2011, 22:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
bluevolt,
It would be helpful if you could show us the before and after pictures of the touch up job that you are planning to do.
Also could you please upload the photo of the paint spray can and also the finishing solvent can and the scratch remover.
What is the procedure specified for this process? Any write up on this would be helpful.

HC
Hi habanero city, i haven't yet done the job. The scratches are very minor so i will be using a fine painting brush to cover up those minor scratches.

However, if the scratches are in large part then one should stick newspaper surrounding the scratched area using cello tapes and then spray the paint on affected area.

The detailed procedure is written on the cans(if you wish i will write entire procedure), you should first practice the method on some paper, waste metal sheet etc. before you do the job on car.

Photos of cans and tube are attached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Congrats! welcome to ANHC family.

Putting film on rear wont affect defogger in anyway. I have even replaced the read film once to replace it with darker one, and did not face issues.
Thanks shamnath for your wishes.
Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-18022011.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-18022011_001.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-18022011_002.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-18022011_003.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-18022011_007.jpg  

Old 19th February 2011, 00:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

Better use masking tape to cover up area around the painting area instead of cello tapes, if you can get it easily, Masking tapes gum don't stick to paint.
Old 19th February 2011, 06:54   #30
BHPian

I tried my hand on Com-Paint on my HR Pl ANHC, a deep scratch caused by another car in my parking lot.

I was not happy with the results as I could clearly see a visible difference in the paint and it didn't blend. So did a complete wipe off.

Would be interested in seeing the results on yours,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks