Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2011, 23:35   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report - The Story So Far !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post

Well, if you ask me even if you know how to open and close the fuse box still you wouldn't be able to deal with it.
If you go thru the manual you will realise it looks a far too complicated if we are not used to deal with it. The internal fuses are tiny fuses and even the service person needed couple of tries to replace the correct one with the help of his service cheat-sheet.
+1, even I couldn't make out anything from what it is written in the manual. Let me try contacting my SA and see what he replies over this.

Quote:

Yes, this happens in my ANHC (& even in my friends CIVIC) and in my reckoning it normal so, just chill.

mdsaab also reported this issue. I guess this is common across Honda cars. But still quite eager to know what is the reason of fluctuation? It doesn’t happen even in my WagonR.

Quote:
BTW, I got the DuckTail spoiler fitted and WOW man it looks GREAT ; pics "comming soon" on your thread.
That's great. Waiting eagerly for the pictures. Also do post details of pricing and from where you got it etcetera.
Old 30th June 2011, 08:03   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, this happens in my ANHC (& even in my friends CIVIC) and in my reckoning it normal so, just chill.
BTW, I got the DuckTail spoiler fitted and WOW man it looks GREAT ; pics "comming soon" on your thread.
Hey Cousin. Yep it happens in the civic too as you correctly mentioned it.
I am awaiting the pics of the spoiler. I am sure it looks FAB! BTW sagar was saying that you too were speaking about T-BHP with him. I had given him the site address, but when i met him day before he was yet to logon and have a dekho.
Old 30th June 2011, 10:32   #303
Senior - BHPian

I see lots of people complaining over Honda's service schedule (including me). Well inspection every three month is definitely not acceptable neither required.

But there are few good things about the maintenance schedule which is saving lots of money for us in the long run. I am comparing the service schedule i.e. the interval of consumables replacement of a Maruti car (WagonR, though schedule is same for all cars from Maruti stable I guess) and the Honda City (it should be same for other Honda cars also). [* I own both cars]

Maruti(WagonR)

Engine coolant replacement - @ 20,000 KMs

Spark Plugs - @ 20,000 KMs

Manual transmission fluid - @ 20,000 KMs

Break Fluid replacement - @2 years

Fuel Filter replacement - @ 40,000 Kms

Honda(City)

Engine coolant replacement - @ 200,000 KMs

Spark Plugs - @ 100,000 KMs

Manual transmission fluid - @ 60,000 KMs

Break Fluid replacement - @3 years

Fuel Filter replacement - @ 80,000 Kms

EDIT -
To add one more point, it cost me Rs. 7500 when I got my WagonR serviced @ 30,000 KMs last December. I don't think Honda City will cost me even half of that amount @30,000 KMs service.

Last edited by bluevolt : 30th June 2011 at 10:43.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 13:16   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
That's great. Waiting eagerly for the pictures.
Sure will post the pics soon.
Currently the car is undergoing 20K servicing + front bumper change.
I had a small accident (usual Pune 2 wheelers issue). A 2 wheeler skids in the Pune rains and bangs into my front bumper on a stand still vehicle at traffic signal.
Front bumper has a small tear of 0.5 inches, I am replacing the whole front bumper altogather at Rs. 500/- (Courtesy: TATA AIG 0 depreciation insurance).

Quote:
Also do post details of pricing and from where you got it etcetera.
Pricing: 9.5K with official Bill. (Courtesy: mdsaab for negotiating this deal along with his new ANHC).
Dealer: Deccan Honda (Pimpri)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Hey Cousin. Yep it happens in the civic too as you correctly mentioned it.
I am awaiting the pics of the spoiler. I am sure it looks FAB! BTW sagar was saying that you too were speaking about T-BHP with him. I had given him the site address, but when i met him day before he was yet to logon and have a dekho.
Hey Bro. Sure, will post the pics during weekend.
Well Sagar saw the Team-BHP sticker and he started talking about the earlier t-bhp reference from you.
Today he told me that your vehicle is ready for delivery, btw he mentioned your ANHC colour as Bold Beige, did you change the colour?? I remember we speaking about Urban Titanium before.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 30th June 2011 at 13:17.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 13:53   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post

Engine coolant replacement - @ 200,000 KMs

Spark Plugs - @ 100,000 KMs

Break Fluid replacement - @3 years

Fuel Filter replacement - @ 80,000 Kms
Considering the fuel condition in India, IMHO, these are too far an interval. I'm confused... Honda asks customers to go in for a service every 5k, 3 months, if not void warranty, and then they mention a fuel filter/spark plug replacement every one lac kms?.
Old 30th June 2011, 15:07   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Considering the fuel condition in India, IMHO, these are too far an interval. I'm confused... Honda asks customers to go in for a service every 5k, 3 months, if not void warranty, and then they mention a fuel filter/spark plug replacement every one lac kms?.
Well that's true. I will not keep the car till one or two lac of kilometers but such long interval definitely gives peace of mind.

I think the 5000 KM interval is Ok, no problem with it but problem is for every three month scheduled inspection. Very few people drive their car with such mileage; Honda should know that petrol costs around 65-70 rupees per liter across the country. They should clearly state the service schedule as 6month/5,000 Kms as the average is 10,000 KMs per year for a petrol car.

Last edited by bluevolt : 30th June 2011 at 15:09.
Old 30th June 2011, 16:13   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sure will post the pics soon.
Currently the car is undergoing 20K servicing + front bumper change.
I had a small accident (usual Pune 2 wheelers issue). A 2 wheeler skids in the Pune rains and bangs into my front bumper on a stand still vehicle at traffic signal.
Front bumper has a small tear of 0.5 inches, I am replacing the whole front bumper altogather at Rs. 500/- (Courtesy: TATA AIG 0 depreciation insurance).

And the benifit of 0 dep shines through. Unfortunate that you have to go through the ordeal, but atleast it's not going to cost you much.

Pricing: 9.5K with official Bill. (Courtesy: mdsaab for negotiating this deal along with his new ANHC).
Dealer: Deccan Honda (Pimpri)

Your welcome cousin.

Hey Bro. Sure, will post the pics during weekend.
Well Sagar saw the Team-BHP sticker and he started talking about the earlier t-bhp reference from you.
Today he told me that your vehicle is ready for delivery, btw he mentioned your ANHC colour as Bold Beige, did you change the colour?? I remember we speaking about Urban Titanium before.
No it was Bold beige from the very beginning. Went to see the car at the stockyard day before. all seems well. delivery in about 5 days to a week.
Old 30th June 2011, 19:32   #308
BHPian

Quote:
No it was Bold beige from the very beginning. Went to see the car at the stockyard day before. all seems well. delivery in about 5 days to a week.
Is not the waiting period rather long,considering the fact that Honda cars are readily available now?Which edition is it mdsaab?Bold beige is a very nice colour BTW,merging nicely with the grill.
Old 30th June 2011, 20:31   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom

Is not the waiting period rather long,considering the fact that Honda cars are readily available now?Which edition is it mdsaab?Bold beige is a very nice colour BTW,merging nicely with the grill.
This is the exclusive model with leather trim. He did not have a piece with him in the stockyard and had to order a fresh example.
Old 30th June 2011, 21:02   #310
BHPian

Quote:
This is the exclusive model with leather trim. He did not have a piece with him in the stockyard and had to order a fresh example.
@mdsaab,mine is Exclusive too. It is ideal to leather wrap the door and front had rests at extra cost.Hope you will be doing this.Are they offering the chrome kit separately or is it included in the quoted price?In my case-separate.
Old 30th June 2011, 21:08   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom

@mdsaab,mine is Exclusive too. It is ideal to leather wrap the door and front had rests at extra cost.Hope you will be doing this.Are they offering the chrome kit separately or is it included in the quoted price?In my case-separate.
Chrome kit is included in the price.
Did Honda do the leather on the doorpad and front armrest? Or did you get it done from outside?
Old 30th June 2011, 21:29   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Did Honda do the leather on the doorpad and front armrest? Or did you get it done from outside?
Honda did it-Stanley,same colour as the seats.
Old 1st July 2011, 07:23   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Honda did it-Stanley,same colour as the seats.
So Honda does do it. When i asked my sales rep he said no they don't do it.
Will ask him to find out again. And Honda OEM is stanley as i suspected. This is great news.
Old 2nd July 2011, 09:29   #314
BHPian

@bluevolt,are you out of town/busy? No posts?! Or is Venus keeping out busy?

As you correctly predicted my FE is now steadily 9.

BTW,have you tried K&N filters?Will it enhance power output?Is it advisable to install them?
Old 2nd July 2011, 10:58   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@bluevolt,are you out of town/busy? No posts?! Or is Venus keeping out busy?
Hi charthom, I am in town only but driving my WagonR for last couple of days. Venus is serving dad for his Chandigarh tour.

Quote:
As you correctly predicted my FE is now steadily 9.
The mileage will improve steadily. After first service it should reach 12-13 mark at least on MID. The real improvement is after second service i.e. after oil change. But as your's is automatic it will still give 1-2 KMPL less than that of manual transmission car.

Quote:
BTW,have you tried K&N filters?Will it enhance power output?Is it advisable to install them?
I have not tried K&N filters yet. I guess that will again raise warranty issues, needs to confirm this with Honda A.S.C. K&N will improve marginal performance with little drop in mileage.

You have any plans for K&N ?

PS - I am posting a snap of Venus which is my all time favorite.
Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03246-2-fileminimizer.jpg  

Last edited by bluevolt : 2nd July 2011 at 11:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks