Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2011, 11:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report - The Story So Far !

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
I was not happy with the results as I could clearly see a visible difference in the paint and it didn't blend. So did a complete wipe off.

Would be interested in seeing the results on yours,
I have been using com-paint for my black color WagonR and happy with the results, though yet to try on ANHC.

Off course there will be some difference, quoting com-paint site's FAQ section for the reason of difference -

Why don’t metallic colors match?

"When spraying a metallic color, you are actually spraying tiny flakes of metal in a paint coating. These flakes reflect light. The more light they reflect, the brighter the coating’s appearance. When metallic paint is applied too heavily, the metal flakes are being buried under the surface of the paint coating. Here, they can’t reflect light and the color appears dark. When metallic paint is applied too lightly the metal flakes lay on top of the paint coating and reflect too much light making the color appear dull. Here, the metal flakes aren’t being covered by enough paint. By varying your spray technique you can achieve the color you want. Practice on a piece of metal before painting object. There is no substitute for experience when spraying a metallic color."

Last edited by bluevolt : 19th February 2011 at 11:18.
Old 19th February 2011, 19:20   #32
Senior - BHPian

Com Paint is very useful to cover up minor scratches. Out of personal experience, by virtue of the nature of the product and on discussions with others who have used it, I can say, that it is not good for bigger scratches. Only for very thin, clear coat deep scratches

For most metallic colors, it is basically, a certain number of coats to achieve a desired effect. and the metal flakes in the paint, if sprayed too far or close can affect the concentration and thereby the reflection, which we cannot achieve with compaint

Also, I have noticed that if you use compaint on a larger surface, after a period of time, the painted areas shade changes colour and it stands out very oddly.

So, compaint is good for very very small scratches.
Old 1st March 2011, 15:48   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
During night drive the light from rear gets rather diffused at the interface of the film and the defogger, but it is not distracting or causing severe inconvenience.
How is it in your case? Please let us know for the benefit of all the members.
HC
There is no problem while driving during night. The back windshield is crystal clear and no visibility issue whatsoever.

Update - The car has completed 2500 KM and is returning FE of 15.4 (overall mileage displayed on MID). I am also using turtle wax on the car and very happy to see the results, it is much better than formula one wax.

I got the LHS rear light set changed for Rs. 3200 as it was damaged by some children playing cricket with a leather ball at a friend's place in gurgaon.

Few random snaps
Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-i21191.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-vbpgimage.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by bluevolt : 1st March 2011 at 15:50.
Old 1st March 2011, 18:03   #34
BHPian

Congrats on your ANHC. The Red is the most in demand color. Did you get leather seats?
Old 1st March 2011, 18:16   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Congrats on your ANHC. The Red is the most in demand color. Did you get leather seats?
Thanks nanduchitnis for your wishes. The leather seats are available in
V MT/AT Exclusive edition. My car has fabric beige seat upholstery. But i am planning to get after market leather seat covers soon.
Old 3rd March 2011, 16:18   #36
Senior - BHPian

Today my ANHC’s right side front tyre got punctured and the side wall is completely cut, say 3-5 cm long crack, the repair guy says this can’t be repaired or else use the tube which I don’t prefer.

What should I do now? Should I get the tyre replaced? What’s the price of 175/R15 Goodyear tyre?

PS – Is this covered in warranty?

Last edited by bluevolt : 3rd March 2011 at 16:25.
Old 3rd March 2011, 16:49   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
There was couple of minor scratches on my car so i ordered com-paint touch up spray from their website on Tuesday. Just received courier and the kit contains one can of touch up spray, one can of finishing solvent, one tube of com-cut scratch remover. The price is Rs. 400 including shipping.
Hi bluevolt,

What were the results on using the com-paint touch up paint? I would suggest you not to use it, since you may simply spray the pain and it would not repair the scratch as such. To repair the scratch, you've got to sand the surface, apply putty and primer prior to spraying the paint.

Furthermore with compaint there would be a color mismatch because your car has been subject to the natural weather since it was originally painted, resulting in fading (as user you may not be aware of this). A paint shop technician would use the petrol tank lid to scan and mix the paint accordingly.

regards,

nitin
Old 3rd March 2011, 17:05   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Hi bluevolt,

What were the results on using the com-paint touch up paint? I would suggest you not to use it, since you may simply spray the pain and it would not repair the scratch as such.
nitin
Hi nitin, I agree with you. I use com-paint to cover very minor scratches on my car; however com-paint is very effective on my black color wagonr. It never faded, maybe because of the black shade. I never directly spray com-paint on the car; I use very fine painting brush to cover up the scratches.
Thanks for your suggestion.

Quote:
Today my ANHC’s right side front tyre got punctured and the side wall is completely cut, say 3-5 cm long crack, the repair guy says this can’t be repaired or else use the tube which I don’t prefer.

What should I do now? Should I get the tyre replaced? What’s the price of 175/R15 Goodyear tyre?

Bhpians, Please help me on this issue ASAP .
Old 3rd March 2011, 19:04   #39
BHPian

Quote:

bluvolt,
sorry to know about the tire cut and puncture.
In your analysis what is the supposed cause for this?
If you can demonstrate that this is due to manufacturing defect, you can get replacement from the tire supplier through Honda dealer.
Usually bought-out items have direct warranty with the suppliers and may even be of lesser duration than Honda's 4 year warranty.
Anyway you can try your luck.
Please post some pictures for better understanding of the failure conditions.
As for new tire, you can try to get from some of the new ANHC buyers who quickly up size their tires.
You can get this information from Honda dealers or tire stores, this will be very competitive as 175/65/R15 size is unique to ANHC alone.
In future if you are replacing all tires please consider Michelin Primacy.
Why didn't you insist and get Michelin XM1 as OEM tires for the ANHC, they are the best among the available choices.

HC
Old 3rd March 2011, 20:56   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In your analysis what is the supposed cause for this?

Why didn't you insist and get Michelin XM1 as OEM tires for the ANHC, they are the best among the available choices.

HC
Hi HC,
It was raining today in morning. I was out to drop some relative to local railway station. As the road conditions are pretty bad on that route, we hit a pothole (was not visible as it was filled with rain water), I got out and checked the tyre but it was ok at that time. After coming back (driven at least 5-7 KM) the tyre was complete flat. I took it to local repair guy and replaced with the spare tyre.
So I really can’t say if it is due to manufacturing defect or caused by hitting the pothole (though the speed was just around 10 KM/HR), but I still will call Honda and discuss this matter with them.
I preferred to get Michelin tyres but my dad suggested using the stock tyres for at least 10K KMs. I will switch to them after 10K KM mark.

EDIT - I just consulted one of my friends who also own ANHC (similar case happened to him) and he suggested me that the tyre can be repaired by applying some kind of coating/substance to inner sidewalls and after drying of that substance, the tyre can be used normally with a quality tube. This will cost around Rs 500. Should I prefer this method?

Last edited by bluevolt : 3rd March 2011 at 21:22.
Old 3rd March 2011, 23:17   #41
Senior - BHPian

Although you can get this tyre repaired by above mentioned method, I would strongly recommend you to replace the tyre itself, such damaged tyre can be really dangerous at high speeds.

Usually if you want to change the tyres, it is advisable to do so ASAP you buy the car itself (you get better value in market for your stock tyres). Get hold of some customer who is keen to upgrade the tyres after his purchase and try to extract some deal out of it.

I am surprised to learn that hitting the pothole at 10kmph could damage the tyre so badly!

oh and BTW, your car looks uber cool in this shade!
Old 4th March 2011, 14:38   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post

I am surprised to learn that hitting the pothole at 10kmph could damage the tyre so badly!

oh and BTW, your car looks uber cool in this shade!
Even I am surprised, may be some sharp object/stone was there in pothole that caused this damage. I have called Ring Road Honda and registered my warranty claim for the tyre, they have requested me to bring the car to showroom for necessary inspection.

Thanks Ace for your compliments.
Old 4th March 2011, 14:52   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Even I am surprised, may be some sharp object/stone was there in pothole that caused this damage. I have called Ring Road Honda and registered my warranty claim for the tyre, they have requested me to bring the car to showroom for necessary inspection.

Thanks Ace for your compliments.
bluvolt,
even I am surprised as to how such low speed can cause tire damage.
Do you have steel rims or did you change to alloys?
Is there any damage to the rims/alloys (internally and externally)?
Please post some pictures of the damage.
Take care of your ANHC, it is hardly 2 months old.
If you are thinking to up size the tires, the earlier the better for the reasons mentioned above.
But be aware that Honda is fussy with any after market change and threatens voiding the 4 year warranty.

HC
Old 4th March 2011, 15:10   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
bluvolt,
Do you have steel rims or did you change to alloys?
Is there any damage to the rims/alloys (internally and externally)?
Please post some pictures of the damage.
HC
Hi HC,
My car has standard steel rims provided by the company and the rims are perfect i.e no damage whatsoever to rims. I think there must be some sharp object in that pothole which may have cut the sidewall. I will take pictures in evening and share with you all.

PS - Today I achieved top speed of 150 KM/HR on NH1 while on route to murthal (to have some food with friends at sukhdev dhaba). How faster can ANHC go? Top speed claimed by company is around 200 KMPH.

Last edited by bluevolt : 4th March 2011 at 15:12.
Old 4th March 2011, 17:47   #45
BHPian

Quote:
PS - Today I achieved top speed of 150 KM/HR on NH1 while on route to murthal (to have some food with friends at sukhdev dhaba). How faster can ANHC go? Top speed claimed by company is around 200 KMPH.
IMO, ANHC would never do a true 200KMPH in its stock form so please do not try attempting the feat. How did the car behave @150 ? Was it stable, did you feel any sought of vibrations in your steering wheel ?

Last edited by donarun : 4th March 2011 at 17:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks