Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2011, 21:12   #436
BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
bluevolt, you are perfectly correct in reporting the wiper problem and I have also reported this issue in my post, but you have made a video which is self-explanatory.
@HC and Bluevolt: I have recently come back (Sunday night) from the weekend vacation to Chikmagalur and other nearby places (total of 600KMS) and I almost drove the entire route in consistant steady rain. However, I am surprised to say that I did not find this wiper issue mentioned in your post in my ANHC. Not sure what to say but even today it rained a little around 4PM and I did not face this issue at all. Not sure what to say, surprising ? or fortunate !! confused

All I can say at this time is I will observe once again and revert back on this very soon
Old 8th September 2011, 21:17   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
All I can say at this time is I will observe once again and revert back on this very soon
Hi kirantp,

This thing will get noticed during strong rains and not in light showers. If it is not the case with your car then this issue may be particular to some models which have defective design wipers maybe.
Old 9th September 2011, 17:07   #438
Senior - BHPian

It’s been quite a few days since I posted any pics of Venus. Posting a couple of pics I took yesterday at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprashta University where I had gone for my sister's B.Tech counseling.

I am planning to do a nice photo-shoot of her before her 1st birthday on 28th October.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-city-1.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-city-2.jpg
Old 9th September 2011, 17:12   #439
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
This thing will get noticed during strong rains and not in light showers. If it is not the case with your car then this issue may be particular to some models which have defective design wipers maybe.
Nope, I've observed it in my ANHC too. Was almost going to report it in my ownership thread but didn't.

The return swing of the right wiper definitely throws some water back on the windshield; another case of poor design.
Old 9th September 2011, 17:34   #440
BHPian

As libran has stated, this issue is common for all the cars.
When I reported this issue in my thread during last year monsoon, 2 other members Raghu and Kalyan had also confirmed this issue.
So I guess it depends on how you look at the problem, at least we should expect some good quality design and precision from Japanese companies such as Honda.
While we are on the subject of wipers of ANHC, I had also pointed out that they are inflexible in lifting them.
This means that you have to follow the sequence of lifting the drivers side wiper first and then the passenger side, similarly while keeping it back on the windshield you have to place the passenger side first and then the drivers side.
There are many cars in India that allow the wipers to be lifted and placed in any order.
As I have said before this is something like having a unidirectional door / ignition key of the ancient time.
This may not be a serious issue for many, but I did not expect this from a Japanese company like Honda who are know for the design flexibilities and pioneers in innovation.
I want to discuss these kind of small but important issues with concerned Honda engineers but I don't know where to start.
During my earlier experience with Maruti, they were good in listening to customer but many of them were non-technical people and could not appreciate it.
Finally I could contact with their adviser engineering (Mr. Kumar) and he appreciated my feedback and infact some of them were implemented in the later model cars.
So I hope Honda will also listen to customer feedback seriously and improve their products.

HC

Last edited by Habanero City : 9th September 2011 at 17:36.
Old 9th September 2011, 17:45   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
So I hope Honda will also listen to customer feedback seriously and improve their products.

HC
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
; another case of poor design.
Let's see if Honda corrects these minor issues with the upcoming facelift.

In addition to the wiper problem and some other stated by HC, I also find the fuel lid's push open style inconvenient.
Old 9th September 2011, 17:55   #442
BHPian

Hello Bluevolt. I have been following your thread for a long time. You have maintained your car really well.
Regarding the wiper issue, even I have observed it in my ANHC. During return swipe the wiper blade splashes some amount of water back on the windshield.
May be a design fault.
Old 9th September 2011, 22:04   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtecguy7166 View Post
Hello Bluevolt. I have been following your thread for a long time. You have maintained your car really well.
Regarding the wiper issue, even I have observed it in my ANHC. During return swipe the wiper blade splashes some amount of water back on the windshield.
May be a design fault.

Thanks Vtecguy for visiting the thread and for kind words.

I read in other thread about the battery problem you faced with your ANHC. I will also check what battery I have in my car. Expect it to last it at-least for 4 years as my WagonR's amaron is still holding fine at the age of four and a half years (read stock battery).

Anyhow what about on posting a ownership thread or at least some pics of your i-VTEC?

Last edited by bluevolt : 9th September 2011 at 22:06.
Old 12th September 2011, 19:59   #444
Senior - BHPian

A issue with ANHC - I am not getting the warning buzz/beep on removing the key from ignition with outside lights on.

What could be the reason for this?

Can other ANHC owners check if this is the same case with you people also?
Old 12th September 2011, 20:24   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt
A issue with ANHC - I am not getting the warning buzz/beep on removing the key from ignition with outside lights on.

What could be the reason for this?

I think you need to get the system reset. I do not think there is any other way. All the best.
Old 12th September 2011, 21:47   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
I think you need to get the system reset. I do not think there is any other way. All the best.
And I guess that have to be done from the service center? Is this DIY?
Old 12th September 2011, 22:58   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
\

I checked in mine and it seems to be working fine. I think you should show it at dealership during next service.
Old 13th September 2011, 00:08   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtecguy7166 View Post
I checked in mine and it seems to be working fine. I think you should show it at dealership during next service.
Thanks for confirming.

So that means the car has some problem - a minor one for sure. I have no plans of visiting SVC right now; will try to live with this problem until next service.

It will be helpful if couple of more BHPians confirms this.
Old 13th September 2011, 07:06   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

Thanks for confirming.

So that means the car has some problem - a minor one for sure. I have no plans of visiting SVC right now; will try to live with this problem until next service.

It will be helpful if couple of more BHPians confirms this.
I have seen the process of computers resetting electronics; sometimes the step by step process is not followed or an error code is not rectified that leads to such instances. Please visit the Service sooner, there might be an issue that you surely need to rectify as it's something that user can't change you should not be charged. This also helps Honda to keep a track of why,how,when this issue can crop up for mass/batch. Cheers!
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2011, 19:14   #450
Senior - BHPian

Today I called Ring Road Honda and explained my problem to them. The technical adviser told me that the buzzer is supposed to sound when the door is opened and not with ignition key removed. I checked the same and it is functioning in the same way as the advisor told me.

But I still can recall that the buzzer used to sound when the key is removed, maybe I am bit confused, Need to confirm this from owner's manual which I have misplaced somewhere in my house.

Fellow ANHC owners can you please confirm me whether the buzzer sounds only on opening the door and not on removing the key .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks